New at scrapbooking...question

JLTYR

Mouseketeer
My question is this:

My mom made me a wedding scrapbook and I'm planning on making one for when my DH and I got to Disney in September. Do you have to put protection pages over the scrapped pages? Or what do they do or would you highly recommend it or what? I wasn't sure so I didn't buy any yet and I know my mom didn't put them over the pages in my wedding book, but I want to if it's a good thing.

So if you could tell me the goods or bads or musts for this it would be really helpful. Thanks so much in advance!

You don't have to use page protectors, but I always do. They protect your hard work from all kinds of stuff like fingerprints, dust, grubby little hands (if you have children who like to look through the albums), etc. The purpose of creating a scrapbook is to preserve your memories. Using page protectors is just one more way to ensure they last a long, long time.

I highly suggest using page protectors. My albums are handled all the time (and I'm very glad), but it really takes any stress off of me knowing that the pages are protected. My 6 year old DD shows off her scrapbooks all the time and I love watching her and her friends touch and admire the pages and know that my hard work is all safe underneath.
Lisa

I agree with the page protectors. (I use top-loading. I like to be able to rearrange if I feel like it.) Keeps fingerprints off and I think it can help keep embellishments from scratching whatever is on the page opposite.

Another thumbs up for page protectors. My kids look at my albums all the time and I can't imagine what they would do to my pages without them. For all of my 8 1/2 by 11 albums I used top loading, but now I switched to Creative Memories albums and their page protectors go on the side and are a little more difficult to get on and off. I like that because my two year old got a hold of one of my old albums (top loading), found the Buzz Lightyear pages when we went to DL a couple on years ago, shrieked in delight, pulled the pages out and ripped off the Buzz picture....I had to redo the page. It all happened in about 15 seconds. Anyway, long story short, definitely use page protectors!

I'm just getting back in "scrapping mode" and was looking through the posts for some similar info.

For our last WDW trip I bought one of the leather post-bound 12x12 albums that came with 100 pages and 50 page protectors. This is the first album I've completed with page protectors and now I want to go back and get enough protectors to put all my others pages in all my other albums in.

Does ANYONE know the absolutely cheapest route to buy 12x12 page protectors in bulk? I'm talking five giant 3 ring canson binders with at least 100 pages in each that I've got to "protect," so these little packages with 10 in a pack aren't going to cut it.

I've spent the last couple of hours surfing sites, but I haven't found anything cheaper than some ebay auctions that have 50 for $14 (one less, but most are around this) plus $8 shipping:(

Anyone have any suggestions?

I enjoy scrapping, but I don't worry overly about using acid-free papers and the kinds of page protectors the others are talking about. I prefer the slightly larger than letter-sized pages with the fold back protectors. It's all a matter of preference, though. That just seems to work best for me and the storage space for my albums.

Enjoy! And keep everything - receipts, notes, paper from the hotel - you never know what will make the perfect addition to your book 'til you scrap it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter