New adventures?

Would love NZ or Portugal but would have to wait a few years to actually consider it... was interested to see the itineraries being changed too, heard Spain and Ecuador are getting done changes...

Looks like those of use who have had COVID-cancelled trips can book these already. I have asked my agent for pricing on NZ.

Can you please let us know the pricing? I've had my eye on NZ for quite a while, but I doubt I'll book until I know the status of our October Egypt ABD. If it gets cancelled then I'll move the deposit over to October, 2021 or January, 2020 NZ (if ds is willing to join me -- if I go solo I'll go with Backroads, which doesn't charge a hefty single supplement and is likely more active, which suits me).

Also, this info is on the reservation for 2021 trips:
  • Refundable Deposit: This reservation is eligible to be cancelled at any date prior to the established Final Payment date and will receive a full refund if cancelled before that time.
Well, THAT is interesting! But it sounds like they are finally starting to embrace reality.

Sayhello

I'm likely gonna book Portugal opening day as even though I just went, I immediately wanted to go back, and that resort in the Algarve (which I didn't get to) looks amazing.

I'm Portuguese, btw, so the country is really special to me and this is the ABD I've been waiting for. If it has enough different elements from my Tauck trip (which it seems like it does), I'll be booking May 29. IDK what will happen between now and then, but I figure if I need to postpone till 2022, that will likely not be a problem.

So we ended up putting a deposit down for the October 18, 2021 departure NZ given the PIF change. We figured why not and we are very Interested in seeing New Zealand.

The agent gave me a little more info than is available on the website.

Park Hyatt Auckland 3 nights
Pullman Rotorua 2 nights
Crown Plaza Christchurch 1 night
Te Waonui Forest Retreat 2 nights
Hotel St. Moritz Queenstown 3 nights

She told me it has lots of internal travel as the itinerary will see most of the country.
With one internal flight and one train ride.
A ferry ride from Auckland to get an island where zip lining occurs. With a fair amount of time on the motorcoach. She said it’s a very active itinerary.

Last edited:
I think I will go ahead and put a deposit for New Zealand for Dec 2021 and maybe also a summer 2021 trip. Doesn't seem like I have anything to lose.
I'm tempted, with the deposit being fully refundable until PIF to book Portugal now. I was thinking in my head that Portugal was the only trip that would tempt me to book with ABD next year. I'm still a little gun shy, but the deposit policy is definitely a step in the right direction.

Sayhello

I'm likely gonna book Portugal opening day as even though I just went, I immediately wanted to go back, and that resort in the Algarve (which I didn't get to) looks amazing.

I'm Portuguese, btw, so the country is really special to me and this is the ABD I've been waiting for. If it has enough different elements from my Tauck trip (which it seems like it does), I'll be booking May 29. IDK what will happen between now and then, but I figure if I need to postpone till 2022, that will likely not be a problem.
I'm also of Portuguese extraction (well, half so) and immediately looked at this new ABD. However, I'm disappointed that it doesn't cover the Azores where my paternal grandparents are from.

Does anyone have pricing on that trip yet?

I'm tempted, with the deposit being fully refundable until PIF to book Portugal now. I was thinking in my head that Portugal was the only trip that would tempt me to book with ABD next year. I'm still a little gun shy, but the deposit policy is definitely a step in the right direction.

Sayhello
I might rebook if I had a placeholder or since I have non-ABD insurance, I might rebook just to transfer that insurance also.

I would only book these new trips with caution, in case we have a repeat scenario from this year.
PIF refundable until due date is enticing. But I would still do ABD insurance + ABD air. I am leaning on even booking last minute closer to the travel dates and checking out Tauck.

Because right now I have so much air and travel credits, I don't even know if I can use them in time.

Now that I've thought it over a bit, I'm leaning towards not booking yet. I'd have to think about trip insurance already, since I have a few pre-existing conditions, so there's a commitment right there I'm not sure I'm ready to make. And I'd probably want to travel in May, but what if it really is 18 months until there's a vaccine? May is too early. There's just too much uncertainty already. If I have to pay a bit more later, or maybe wait until 2022, then so be it. I'm just not ready to commit yet. But then again, I said the opposite a little over an hour ago, so... Literally, who knows.

Sayhello

I'm also of Portuguese extraction (well, half so) and immediately looked at this new ABD. However, I'm disappointed that it doesn't cover the Azores where my paternal grandparents are from.

Yes, but there's really a need for a separate trip for the Azores. I've been to a couple of the Azores islands, and let me tell you: it's one of the most beautiful places on Earth. And I visited the least beautiful Islands!

Now that I've thought it over a bit, I'm leaning towards not booking yet. I'd have to think about trip insurance already, since I have a few pre-existing conditions, so there's a commitment right there I'm not sure I'm ready to make. And I'd probably want to travel in May, but what if it really is 18 months until there's a vaccine? May is too early. There's just too much uncertainty already. If I have to pay a bit more later, or maybe wait until 2022, then so be it. I'm just not ready to commit yet. But then again, I said the opposite a little over an hour ago, so... Literally, who knows.

Sayhello

Nudge nudge... If you book May 29th next year, we'd be on the same trip! That would be fabulous.

But seriously, I see your trepidation, especially since I too have underlying conditions. And I'm likely to book and transfer deposit if there isn't vaccine or appropriate antibody testing which shows I have antibodies. But I'm like, "I am going to do this trip" so I don't mind giving my money. I'm likely not gonna lose it.

But I do have to see pricing and full itinerary. What I've seen looks excellent and Portugal is one of the cheapest countries to visit in Western Europe. So I'm fairly certain it will be a go.

My TA just moved danube christmas cruise from this year to Egypt December 2021... I'm assuming its with the new deposit refund rules in place?
Just read it’s on new bookings booked by end of June 2020, not sure if this would be considered a new booking? I would ask your TA to clarify with Disney....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter