New 350 room hotel near Swan and Dolphin "The Swan Reserve”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will they allow dogs? Yup ... I went there!

Seriously though, IF this is run like the Swolphin I think guests would still get most of the onsite perks? What's missing for Swolphin guests, as I believe they get 60 day FPs, EMHs, bus transportation, package delivery etc ... Is the Swolphin only missing Magical Express and on site charging to Magic bands?

As mentioned Disney's Epcot resorts may need to step up their game
Yep. No Magical Express, No MBs, They do get 60 day FPs, and No onsite MB charging. They get everything else.

Yep. No Magical Express, No MBs, They do get 60 day FPs, and No onsite MB charging. They get everything else.

I thought they got 60 day FPs, as that would have been a deal breaker for me. But, I have been known to be wrong (many times)

EDIT: Whoops ... saw you mentioned they do get the 60 day FP ... nothing to see here

Maybe they could do a roof top pool with pool bar and stuff that overlooks the studios with views of fireworks and stufff

AC Hotels by Marriott, which is geared to under 50 professionals, was my thought at that size and location and that is their style. You can walk to EP, HS, and the Boardwalk from there. Would be pretty ideal location for their clientele. Not to mention walk over to your convention at the Swolphin and then break out to rooms at an ACH.

Last edited:

Seriously though, IF this is run like the Swolphin I think guests would still get most of the onsite perks? What's missing for Swolphin guests, as I believe they get 60 day FPs, EMHs, bus transportation, package delivery etc ... Is the Swolphin only missing Magical Express and on site charging to Magic bands?

I've stayed at the Swolphin 40+ times and have never seen an animal. Its a fantastic property!

AC Hotels by Marriott, which is geared to under 50 professionals, was my thought at that size and location and that is their style. You can walk to both EP and HS from there. Would be pretty ideal location for their clientele.

W00T!

^^^

Do you stay at them amberpi? I think of them as being located mostly in walkable entertainment districts or college towns.

I believe there is also a parking fee unlike the fully Disney properties

Probably a "boutique" style hotel by Starwood/Marriott. It could be geared towards working professionals or upper end clientele with the kinds of personalized service you see at places like Four Seasons and such. I suspect it will be more expensive than the Swan and Dolphin. There isn't money to be made with an inexpensive hotel with so few rooms in that area.

I've stayed at the Swolphin 40+ times and have never seen an animal. Its a fantastic property!

Wow that falls into "expert" level experience. 40 nights? or 40 trips? Over how many years?

Either way I agree it's a great stay. :thumbsup2

Probably a "boutique" style hotel by Starwood/Marriott. It could be geared towards working professionals or upper end clientele with the kinds of personalized service you see at places like Four Seasons and such. I suspect it will be more expensive than the Swan and Dolphin. There isn't money to be made with an inexpensive hotel with so few rooms in that area.

Good point. W is more likely than AC or Aloft for the $$$/nt standpoint.

Good point. W is more likely than AC or Aloft for the $$$/nt standpoint.

Exactly. There are plenty of the lower end hotels just outside WDW property. They would be cannibalizing their own business if they opened one on property.

Exactly. There are plenty of the lower end hotels just outside WDW property. They would be cannibalizing their own business if they opened one on property.

Depends on rate as boutique is a limited segment.

Depends on rate as boutique is a limited segment.

Well, there has been a definite shift in Disney catering to clientele with more $$$ who are willing to pay for an elevated experience. Don't think Marriott hasn't noticed that. I imagine this is their response to that.

Wow that falls into "expert" level experience. 40 nights? or 40 trips? Over how many years?

Either way I agree it's a great stay. :thumbsup2

Not such a big deal.

40+ trips. Most since 2003, but I started going as a kid when it was first built. I do switch it up sometimes with CR and YC, but with dogs, YC will be out of it going forward. I've been to WDW a lot in the last 15 years (30+ trips at least, maybe more, more than twice a year, but long weekends mostly, its a short/free flight for me) since I've been an adult. I've had trips at the GF, Poly, BWI, AKL, etc. but they were one or so, offs. My folks took us annually as kids, we stayed at CR and when the Swolphin opened, we went there. My folks still go, Swolphin all the way!

A W on property would have my business for a long, long time. We can only hope!

^^^

Do you stay at them amberpi? I think of them as being located mostly in walkable entertainment districts or college towns.

I'm an avid Swolphin fan. I won't use ME, ever. It's gross. I would like MB charging, but I'd still have my cc, so it's a wash. It all gets paid off at the end of the month, so who cares. I don't plan 60 or even 30 days in advance so despite the Swolphin getting that, meh, doesn't matter. Its a TRADITIONAL hotel experience. The food and restaurants are great. Room service is 24/7, service is excellent and its a great location. I like that the pools are themed and have less kids. I LOVE it! Disney properties (for me only) don't compete, so its more of a consideration if the crappier location of a Four Seasons/Ritz for a better xp. The overall Swolphin offering is huge for me.

I travel a ton to major metros, me and Ws are besties.

Correct and there is a daily resort fee.

If you have status, its waived, just FYI for everyone following along at home:) I've never driven. Of course, I won't drive Nashville to ATL; they made planes for a reason:)

ETA: FWIW, people love WDW hotels, my preferences are pretty singular, but I LOVE the Swolphin, like others love the Poly or whatever, it hits everything I want and love out of a WDW trip.

From WDWMagic

Statement from Dave Bagwell, COO of Tishman Hotel Corporation, which owns the Swan/Dolphin:
“We are currently exploring an expansion project for the hotel but have not finalized plans, nor have we made a final determination of what companies will be involved.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!