New 350 room hotel near Swan and Dolphin "The Swan Reserve”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm an avid Swolphin fan. I won't use ME, ever. It's gross. I would like MB charging, but I'd still have my cc, so it's a wash. It all gets paid off at the end of the month, so who cares. I don't plan 60 or even 30 days in advance so despite the Swolphin getting that, meh, doesn't matter. Its a TRADITIONAL hotel experience. The food and restaurants are great. Room service is 24/7, service is excellent and its a great location. I like that the pools are themed and have less kids. I LOVE it! Disney properties (for me only) don't compete, so its more of a consideration if the crappier location of a Four Seasons/Ritz for a better xp. The overall Swolphin offering is huge for me.

I travel a ton to major metros, me and Ws are besties.

Just wondering, what's "gross" about the Magical Express?

Just wondering, what's "gross" about the Magical Express?

"Gross" is a generalized term for things I find unpleasant...waiting, and people, are on that list. I'm a car service/Uber type. It's gross in a no flipping way I'm using it again type way. Once was more than enough. If I told my dad we had to use it, he'd never go to WDW again, nor the men-folk I tend to travel with. I'm persnickety, pay no attention at all.

"Gross" is a generalized term for things I find unpleasant...waiting, and people, are on that list. I'm a car service/Uber type. It's gross in a no flipping way I'm using it again type way. Once was more than enough. If I told my dad we had to use it, he'd never go to WDW again, nor the men-folk I tend to travel with. I'm persnickety, pay no attention at all.

Waiting and people. WDW sounds like the place for you. :rotfl:

Waiting and people. WDW sounds like the place for you. :rotfl:

I set ya'll up for that one, kinda initially. With FP+ and being willing to ph, and bail for the pool, I do surprisingly well. I do spend every afternoon either at the pool or in my room:) That's why I said to ignore me, I'm a huge parks fan, but I have persnickety tastes, not always snotty, just...particular.

ETA: I consult and when I'm working, I get on planes weekly, sometimes more, I try not to throw rocks at children, but it's hard.

...something is missing from this...who's "randomly" throwing up a hotel of that size in wdw grounds?

...there's a big gap in this puzzle

Owners of Swolphin.

Would that be Tischman (who warred with disney for decades), MetLife, or Starwood?

This is a classic case of "uncomplicating the complicated"

What's the land/lease deal?

I just want to to know the geek stuff...what's the ransom?

Would that be Tischman (who warred with disney for decades), MetLife, or Starwood?

Project a joint venture with Disney, Tishman and Met Life
Disney land
Land lease to Tishman (Met Life?)
Swan operated by Westin
Dolphin operated by Sheraton

And has the whole Marriott/Sheraton merger gone through?

http://www.tishman.com/portfolio/

Tischman according to what I have seen.

No idea on specifics as Swolphin is only confirming they are exploring expansion plans.

Is that a firm release...or internet sleuthing?
This is the only statement released thus far.

Statement from Dave Bagwell, COO of Tishman Hotel Corporation, which owns the Swan/Dolphin:
“We are currently exploring an expansion project for the hotel but have not finalized plans, nor have we made a final determination of what companies will be involved.”

This is the only statement released thus far.

Statement from Dave Bagwell, COO of Tishman Hotel Corporation, which owns the Swan/Dolphin:
“We are currently exploring an expansion project for the hotel but have not finalized plans, nor have we made a final determination of what companies will be involved.”

Now that I like...so it should end there - for now - not elaborate talk of theming, exclusivities, minibars and massages...

I set ya'll up for that one, kinda initially. With FP+ and being willing to ph, and bail for the pool, I do surprisingly well. I do spend every afternoon either at the pool or in my room:) That's why I said to ignore me, I'm a huge parks fan, but I have persnickety tastes, not always snotty, just...particular.

ETA: I consult and when I'm working, I get on planes weekly, sometimes more, I try not to throw rocks at children, but it's hard.

I love it all, but that said-FP+ has been wonderful. Our days are sleep in, lunch at the pool (SAB usually) or F&W next door turning to drinks soon after, hit the shower and finally a park that night with 3 FP+, night shows and drinks until late-dinner is scattered here and there depending. And yes Shula's is our fave as well as D Springs locations when time.

Throw in some fishing/golf and Clearwater Beach escape days, then WDW at night.

Nice to hear your not "always" snotty anyway.

Right...but that was begotten by google search...all the other partners/operators and Disney's current compliance level was just kinda thrown in there, huh?

This is not quite TOTS...but it's way early in the game.

Not sure what you are looking for with S/D but they both have leases until 2041 with two options after that. Leases are with Tishman and Met Life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter