New 2018 TIcket Prices

Great point. I honestly don't recall it giving the expiration date anywhere on their website, which of course does not mean that there isn't one. We will be using our tickets this August, so no worries there for us. Certainly, this is a deal breaker for those visiting in 2019 though.

The discounters sell "real WDW tickets" which are actually printed and sold to them by Disney.
And, our info about "real WDW tickets" minted before this morning have an expiration date of Dec. 31, 2018.

When is Disney going to realize that will NEVER work due to the fact parents won't pull their kids out of school to go during a " non peak " time of year.

Its called " peak " because school is out. Disney must not care about the children's education

Seriously? There are so many threads here about taking kids out of school for a vacation. And why should Disney care? They're not in the education business. So no, they don't care about kids' education – it's not their job to.

The discounters sell "real WDW tickets" which are actually printed and sold to them by Disney.
And, our info about "real WDW tickets" minted before this morning have an expiration date of Dec. 31, 2018.
Yes, I know the tickets I bought from them last year have an expiration, I just can't find the info on their website for this years tickets at the moment.

Edit: Enough digging around, and I did finally find that bit of info, just not anywhere near where I expected it to be displayed.

I have yet to see this confirmed.

The closest I've seen to confirmation is another post where a guest looked at the app yesterday and it was $20, and looked today and it was $25, so they came to the DIS to ask about it. Wouldn't surprise me though. I was tempted at $20, but for $25, it's just not worth the cost to me (even though I could afford it). Maybe I'll put yellow stripes and some fins on my aqua colored car and call it a Flounder-mobile . . .

When is Disney going to realize that will NEVER work due to the fact parents won't pull their kids out of school to go during a " non peak " time of year.

Its called " peak " because school is out. Disney must not care about the children's education
parents pull their kids out all the time, more and more. I do and will continue to until middle school and then I will see. And I do care about my son's education. But I also care about us enjoying the vacations that I work so hard for. Every family finds their own balance and believe me, when the parks are crowded in January and February, it's NOT with adult only parties. Plenty of kids of all ages are there.

Quick-take #2: Clearly a design to incentivize longer trips, while simultaneously decreasing the number of annual passes - in preparation for the increased demand with Galaxy’s Edge, anniversary stuff, etc.

FWIW, I didn’t think the Minnie Vans were a good deal at $20. The only reason I could see using them was if you need 2 car seats.

Since I became a Diser back in 1999, I would see posts frequently stating it cost less than $20 to get around property by cab, but we never got a quote to go any place for lower than $20.

Quick-take #2: Clearly a design to incentivize longer trips, while simultaneously decreasing the number of annual passes - in preparation for the increased demand with Galaxy’s Edge, anniversary stuff, etc.

I don't think they incentivizing longer trips, I think they are just cashing in on the most-popular tickets to maximize revenue. Also, from what I have been seeing on their room reservations, they have been steering people toward shorter stays as well. They probably have data that shows that guests who stay less than a week spend the most per day.

As for annual passes, those guests likely aren't nearly as profitable per-day as short-stay guests. Most people I know with annual passes don't load up on merchandise every trip and pick their spots when spending on food and lodging.

I've taken my children out of school several times for a week long trip to Disney and the school even excused it as an "educational opportunity!" The only reason why we didn't do it this year is because my oldest has a more rigorous schedule and would have a harder time making up more than a couple of days. And every time we have been during non peak times, we have seen tons of other school aged kids there. My kids are straight A students, and there is more to life than being a slave to the school schedule. Disney knows this!

I noticed that they raised the price of Park Hopper plus, too. My kids want to go to the waterparks in June and I'm kicking myself for not already adding that to our package.

FWIW, I didn’t think the Minnie Vans were a good deal at $20. The only reason I could see using them was if you need 2 car seats.

Since I became a Diser back in 1999, I would see posts frequently stating it cost less than $20 to get around property by cab, but we never got a quote to go any place for lower than $20.

If you are price-sensitive you take Uber for far less. It's all about the "lets take the cute car with polka dots." The service is likely popular, why not just keep raising the price?

People homeschool. People like us pull our kids out for a few days. I think 2017 through now has proven that crowds are spreading out to all months.

2017 only. . . i have been saying for at least 5 years now that there are no slow times. Us American's make up such a minor minor portion of all the people that travel to Disney daily now from all over the world I feel.

I wish their were those slow times still but I really don't think there is.

I just purchased my tickets though Official Ticket Center using the link from Touring Plans. A good bit cheaper than buying from Disney directly right now. I'm sure their prices will go up soon though.
But they still expire at the end of 2018, which renders the savings useless for trips beyond that date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter