New 2018 TIcket Prices

Robo

1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!
The New 2018 Walt Disney World Ticket Prices are up on the WDW site.
AP Prices also increased HERE.

"2018" CURRENT Prices can be found on the WDW website HERE.

New tickets' expiration date: First use must be on or before December 31, 2019.

"2017" Prices (Feb. 12, 2017 thru Feb. 10, 2018) from archived Allears page HERE.

"2016" Prices (Feb. 28, 2016 thru Feb. 11, 2017) from archived Allears page HERE.

The significance of the THREE unique price-level dates above will become clear only after more research about the 2018 increase.
I will be updating the UPGRADE info for 2018 as I learn more.

Last edited:
Aren’t the new (current) prices effective today, February 11th?

ETA: Disregard as the correction was made in the first post.

Aren’t the new (current) prices effective today, February 11th?

Yes.

(You're going to see lots of little details get "fixed" as I go through multiple pages of changes.)

Well the 'value' of my remaining NE+ Tickets and 2 sets of AP vouchers just went up ~ 11%. So glad we stocked up on WDW tics before we retired. Now it's time to start using them!

I was looking to buy 5 day park tickets for family and pulled the trigger because of the proposed/rumored $45 increase.

Looks like the price went up $25/ticket.

So. Maybe not as bad an increase as predicted?

Im very confused about the prices. How much did the 3 day base ticket go up? And it also foesnt look like the hopping option went up at all. Am I wrong?

Im very confused about the prices. How much did the 3 day base ticket go up? And it also foesnt look like the hopping option went up at all. Am I wrong?

In the first post Robo posted the previous prices links. You can use those to compare.

On Friday we purchased the following tickets for our upcoming trip:
(2) 4-day adult hoppers
(2) 5-day adult hoppers
(1) 5-day child hopper.

We saved a total of $135 (before tax) by purchasing them Friday. I’m so thankful to have had the heads up on this, thanks to this board.

They really increased the shorter stay tickets. 7 & 8 day tix only increased by $5, as compared to a 4 day which increased by $30, 5 day increased by $25. Also the "plus" option on top of park hopper increased by $10 (was +$15 on a PH ticket, now it's +$25).

The next change will be tiered pricing on multi day passes where you will pay more if you visit during a higher demand period

I was looking to buy 5 day park tickets for family and pulled the trigger because of the proposed/rumored $45 increase.

Looks like the price went up $25/ticket.

So. Maybe not as bad an increase as predicted?

Are you including the tax in your calculation?

I bought a 7-day park hopper on Thursday night from UCT. Total price including tax was $465.95. The Disney site has it at $490 excluding tax, so I am happy with my savings. :)

They really increased the shorter stay tickets. 7 & 8 day tix only increased by $5, as compared to a 4 day which increased by $30, 5 day increased by $25. Also the "plus" option on top of park hopper increased by $10 (was +$15 on a PH ticket, now it's +$25).

Yep. Which is why even with the $70 increase on the AP, it's still going to be a better deal for me since the trips I'm strongly considering (ok, one is a sure-bet - just not booked yet) are of the shorter ilk. Ultimately unless they totally mess up the upgrading thing, I'll come out better upgrading.

Ultimately unless they totally mess up the upgrading thing, I'll come out better upgrading.

How true!
I will be in the process of getting the latest upgrading info over the next day, or so.
I'll revise and post it in a new thread.
I'm thinking it will have "another layer" of complexity/specificity as the one from 2017.

Stay tuned.

How true!
I will be in the process of getting the latest upgrading info over the next day, or so.
I'll revise and post it in a new thread.
I'm thinking it will have "another layer" of complexity/specificity as the one from 2017.

Stay tuned.

Again, THANK YOU!

Does anyone remember what the park hopper option cost before the 2018 increase and what the option costs now?

Ours arrived from UT just over a week ago. On our 5 day park hoppers for 4, we saved $266. That's a lot of quick service meals. I am so glad that I've hung out long enough to know when to buy. Thanks DIS!

On February 13, 2017 I paid $243.75 + Tax for a 4-Day non-expiring adult ticket using the 25% off Canadian discount. Today, under 1 year from when I purchased them, those same tickets would cost me $380 online/$400 at the gate + Tax. CRAZY!!! I'm so happy I purchased 8 tickets :tongue::tongue::tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter