nervous about hulk

anne60

DIS Veteran
We are going in two weeks and I have promised my 15 year old that I will do dueling dragons and hulk with her. I have never been on an upside down coaster. I love space mountain and spider man, and thought both were pretty tame. Will I survive? Will I throw up?

the big thing on coasters is not liking it. you will survive, you won't throw up. more people puke on cat and the hat than anything else. Remember the hardest part of any coaster is getting on it. you will love them.

bring the hulk on!

Hi Anne. The first upside down coaster I ever went on was the Hulk, and I loved it. Before that, the last coaster I went on was the Zepher at Pontchartrain Beach which closed in 1982 (i think). So I understand what you are going through. I am sure you will love it, but if you don't you don't ever have to go back. Relax and have fun.

Been there, done that, going back!!!

Anne,
Just a tip when you get on the Hulk! If you think you will have trouble, after the launch, close you eyes and hold on tight. I did that the first time I rode the Hulk. It takes a lot of the first time fear out of the coaster. Once you do this, you will want to ride it again with your eyes open and your arms in the air!
ADP

I WAS A LITTLE INTIMIDATED BY THE HULK WHEN I GOT ON LAST SUMMER. I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A LAUNCH, SO IT TOOK ME AND MY SON BY SURPRISE. I TELL YOU THAT ROLLER COASTER IS SO SMOOTH ITS UNBELIEVABLE. I WAS SCREAMING, AND THEN I WAS LIKE WHY AM I SCREAMING, THIS IS NICE. I PROMISE YOU ARE GOING TO ENJOY THIS ROLLER COASTER. JUST DON'T LET THE LOOK OF IT INTIMIDATE YOU. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON AGAIN THIS SUMMER. :D

Aloha Anne,

Riding the Hulk was one of our goals when we went to USO earlier this month. DH had never been on a roller coaster and I had not been on one in over 30 years (and they did not go upside down then!). Well, we did it. Maybe it is because I have become more fearful as I age, but by the time I was buckled in my seat, I was terrified and actually trembling...but I did it. My picture shows me in a near fetal postion with eyes closed! DH kept yelling for me to open my eyes...but I couldn't. I did not feel sick at all, just scared. BUT I DID IT! Unfortunately, unlike the others that have posted here, I could not make myself go on it again. DH rode three times and the last time he kept his arms up the entire ride!! :) DH usually has problems with motion-sickness, but did not even get dizzy on the Hulk. It is a smooth and fast ride. But this chicken could only do it one time and DH became a rooster who is still crowing about riding the Hulk with his arms up! ;)

Does the Hulk Match up with my favorite ride " TOWER OF TERROR" on my trip to Disney I became hooked on it. We are going to Universal Studios and I am looking for a ride to Match the "TOWER" for excitement and a rush.

The Hulk and TOT are two different types of rides. It would be better to compare the Hulk and RnR Coaster. However, think of the launch of the Hulk as a horizontal TOT. The lunch for the Hulk seems faster than the TOT drop. From there, it's all gravity. :)

guy.gif

Barry Hom
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

What to know how to get to the front of the line at Universal Orlando? Click HERE!

Hulk is really smooooooooth. And it is over so fast, you don't have time to get really worked up. We started out screaming but by the end of the first ride, we were laughing hysterically and racing to get back in line.

Have fun!

Anne~
Last easter we went to ioa(myself 15, my couzin 10, my mom, and my aunt) from the begining i knew i wanted to ride the hulk but i didnt want to go on alone. my cousin gets scared easily so refused and my mom can't go on b/c of a prior surgery so that left my aunt, who is a grandmother herself, but still said she'd do it with me. well let's just say it was the best ride i've ever been on and my aunt agrees! i recommend trying to go on at nite it's very neat! just hold on tight at the begining and scream as loud as u can trust me u wont be sorry!

Only 13 more days!!!!!!

well, thanks, everyone, now I do feel better. Last year I did Space Mountain and Jurassic Park, and this year I'm expanding to Hulk and DDragons. What a tribute to being 40!!!! I just hope I don't embarass my daughter...I can SCREAM very loud!!! 14 days and counting!!!!

The first upside down coaster I went on was Fire Dragon. I too was petrified before hand (to the point where my stomach was upset for 3 nights before I went on) with all the coasters. I have now been to IOA 3 times (4 come this april 13th) and have ridden Dueling Dragons, about 7 times, and hulk 5 times. Tha last coaster I rode before Fire Dragon, was Rolling Thunder, at Six Flags Great Adventure about 4 years prior. ;)

I rode the Hulk on my 40th birthday.
The only bad thing was I discovered that now I'm over that hill, when the rest of my body turns upside down, the wrinkles don't. so my body went one way, and my face went the other way.

Other than that, it's a blast

I TOO, AM AFRAID OF COASTERS.
I WENT TO MGM 2 YEARS AGO AND WAS NOT GOING TO RIDE THE ROCKIN ROLLERCOASTER, BUT MY HUSBAND RODE AND SAID IT WAS AWSOME & THAT I HAD TO DO IT.
SO I DID AND IT WAS AWSOME,,,,I RODE AGAIN AND AGAIN... A BIG LAUNCH BUT VERY SMOOTH.
NOW I AM GOING TO IOA END OF APRIL AND AM VERY WORRIED ABOUT THE HULK ALSO.... BUT I AM NOT COMING ALL THE WAY FROM OHIO FOR NOTHING,,,
I AM RIDING THAT SUCKER.... I HOPE IT IS SMMOTH LIKE EVERYONE SAYS!!!! GOOD LUCK :)

I suggest you DON'T close your eyes during the ride. It is just like being drunk and lying down on a waterbed. You feel out of control and plus the drops give you a bad sensation in your stomach.

I used to close my eyes during coaster drops when I was a kid and one day I decided to force my eyes to stay open during the drop. I felt it 10x less this way and have never closed my eyes again. That was 15 years and 185 coasters ago!

Last year I took my son and his family to DW. The last day ,he talked me into trying RandR. I loved it and wished I had tried it sooner! My husband will not go on any of them, and I've noticed the drops bother me some now, but the upside down happens so fast that it's not bad at all! The takeoff was bad but I would of rode it again if I'd had time. Is hulk much worse?

Please help me going to universal went on tower of terror, space mountain and rockin roller coaster, will a shamu sized man have trouble on the rides at universal? want to have fun but have been upset.

12 days until I ride the Hulk...should I do the hulk first or Dueling Dragons? In response to my fellow 40 year old.... if the ride breaks down and I am upside down, do you think that will help what gravity has been doing to me the last ten years?????

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest