Need trip advice....

CJK

DIS Veteran
DH and I are going to Disney in October. However, we've been having a tough couple months with death in the family, work stress, etc... so we figured we would try to get away for a CHEAP but special trip sometime in May. Do any of you have any ideas for a nice 3 or 4 day trip that's under $1000? I'd love to go to Florida, but I'm probably dreaming right??? We live just outside of Toronto. Thanks a bunch.

What about Montreal, or Quebec City (now that the protesters are gone) It is also quite beautiful along the St. Larwrence Seaway...Kingston, Gananoque...Brockville. there are always deals in the Ottawa paper for quick get aways to different places in the states....Smugglers Notch (I think that is the name of it anyway) hOpe you have a great time where ever you go!

You might be able to find a cheap week in Cuba for a little over $1000.00 for both of you. Check out the last minute specials. I did it a couple of years ago with 2 kids, 2 adults for under $2000.00. We stayed at Club Tryp in Cayo Coco. It was beautiful and very relaxing.

mickeycanada.gif

<font color=violet>THE CANADIAN DISNEY MOUSE WITH VISIONS OF PIXIE DUST TO COME!</font>
wavey.GIF

JAS
flowerface.GIF

My soon-to-be DH and myself headed over to Vegas for just over $1200 and stayed at the Excalibur, which is on the strip. Also, have seen some deals for Mexico lately, those look really nice and relaxing. Sometimes, travel agents have great last minute specials that are worth checking out. I have a girlfriend who just got an an inclusive (only 1 meal a day) 21 day trip to Greece for $1800!!! That includes the airfare and hotels, lucky girl. Anyways, keep a heads up. Sometimes deals will come your direction and you don't even know it.

Niagara Falls in the spring is absolutely gorgeous. When all of the fruit trees and lilacs are in bloom you can't believe how wonderful it looks. They also have huge planting of tulips and daffodils everywhere. If you choose to go this route, you can get a first rate suite in a beautiful hotel, and not lose any of our poor loonies to exchange. Have a great trip wherever you decide to go, and I hope things improve for you real soon.

eeyorebtfly1.gif

Those ideas are great. I'll have to look into them. I'm feeling better already. Thanks a bunch! :D

I don't know if you are theme park lovers, but if you are...why not Cedar Point? I would KILL to be so close to so many great Amusement Parks! You guys in the East are so lucky!!! sniff! If not, then I second Las Vegas! I surprised my hubby (then boyfriend) with a trip to Vegas just over 3 years ago. Neither one of us had never been. He found out early and his reaction? Oh..Vegas..hmmm...hahaha well he changed his tune quickly!! It is a GREAT city!! We both fell in love with it so much that we went back and got married at the beautiful Canterbury Chapel inside the Excalibur!! We also dragged down 25 of our closest friends and family :)
It has some incredible Coasters and TONS of free stuff!
Whatever you choose, hope you have a great time!

Cass AKA Timon
http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/timon

When we stayed there last year, we just about got married there too, but we changed our minds-congratulations. That hotel is so amazing, and all the other hotels on the strip are so worth the money alone. I loved Vegas and hope that we can get there every year if they have good sales. Anyways, just had to put in my .02 worth.

Joline

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter