Need low to medium cost resorts with bus shuttles to Disney, please

Bete

DIS Veteran
I know the off site shuttles have poor schedules. I will live with the drawbacks.

I know Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista has a shuttle. I'm looking for more choices. I would like a place a little cheaper than this one. I'm not looking for down and dirty, but my budget is tight.

Rates at hotels can vary wildly, so terms like "cheaper" don't hold much meaning. For example, the Delta Hotels Orlando Lake Buena Vista (a Marriott property just off Disney property) is $63 tomorrow but $214 on Saturday.

If you can provide dates and party size, I will gladly check rates at area hotels. In the meantime, be sure to check the Disney Springs Hotels. Those 7 hotels have a more robust shuttle system when compared to off-site hotels. Buses leave every 30 minutes, although they double up on theme parks. One bus usually goes to Epcot, then Disney's Hollywood Studios. The other bus goes to the Transportation and Ticket Center (for Magic Kingdom), then Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Disney Springs Hotels Marketing Website (with potential discounts): http://disneyspringshotels.com/

When are you travelling?

I just got the Sheraton Vistana Resort for my son and his GF for $320 via Skyauction (two bedroom, two bathroom villa for one full week in September). Skyauction can be a good resource for very affordable stays. It might be worth a look.

Actually, I have a monkey wrench on this one. I need a pet friendly resort that provides a shuttle. I figured I would filter the choices once I had a list to choose from. Thanks again.

My dates are open to after Thanksgiving to Dec. 17. I do prefer just after Thanksgiving say 11-26 to Dec. 3.

Actually, I have a monkey wrench on this one. I need a pet friendly resort that provides a shuttle.

Yup, that's going to limit your options a lot. I checked on hotels via Expedia and there are over 100 options. Once you check "Pets allowed", you only get 14 hotels. (I'm not familiar with any of those hotels, so I won't be much help here.)

But, here's some basic advice: While Disney resorts set prices and mostly sticks to them, rate at "regular" hotels will fluctuate much more. Whatever hotel you choose, make sure you have a cancelable reservation. Then, periodically check that hotel and others to see if you can find a better deal as your trip approaches.

Also, most hotels (including Disney resorts) require exact availability to make a change. So, be careful when making reservations if your trip dates aren't set in stone. If you have a reservation arriving on November 26th for 7 nights and your arrival date changes, you can't necessarily alter your arrival date to the 27th and stay for only 6 nights. Sometimes, it's smarter to make a single night reservation on either end of the trip with a longer reservation in the middle. Provided you book the same room type, you shouldn't need to switch rooms.

[I hope I explained that adequately. Ask if it's not clear.]

Finally, as someone who always stays at non-Disney hotels, I'd recommend setting aside a small sum to use for a few cab rides to/from your hotel from the parks. If your having too much fun (or feeling not so great) one day, it's great to have some funds set aside so you aren't chained to making the scheduled shuttles.

Quote: Finally, as someone who always stays at non-Disney hotels, I'd recommend setting aside a small sum to use for a few cab rides to/from your hotel from the parks. If your having too much fun (or feeling not so great) one day, it's great to have some funds set aside so you aren't chained to making the scheduled shuttles.

Where do you go to catch a cab at the parks? Are there any there to begin with or do you need to call?

Last edited:
I think I will stick with Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista after all.

I still would like to know how you get a cab at the park and where you go to wait for one.

I think I will stick with Residence Inn Lake Buena Vista after all.

I still would like to know how you get a cab at the park and where you go to wait for one.

There are cab stations outside front gates with cabs waiting except MK, you go over to TTC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter