• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Help with Ideas for DSis' Birthday

CarlyMur09

Mouseketeer
Hi, all.

My family has an upcoming trip in May in which my DSis's 30th birthday will be happening, and while we do have quite a bit planned, I still want to give her one special thing, since she's put so much time and effort into planning this trip (and all of our previous trips we've taken).

We arrive late on the 16th, and leave WDW early on Memorial day, so we do have 10 days at the parks. The first bigger chunk of the trip will be spent at OKW in a 1 BD villa, and then my older DSis (31) will be joining us at AKV in a 2 BD. There are six of us (Parents, two sisters, my twin brother, and myself).

Some things/ADR's we already have planned or want to do.

Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch
Boathouse Lunch
Kona Cafe breakfast (DSis Bday)
Storybook Dining at Artist Point (DSis Bday)
BOG Breakfast (May be cancelling this)
Crystal Palace Lunch
Sci-Fi Dinner
Garden Grill breakfast
Tusker House Breakfast

EMM at DHS
Moonlight Magic at Epcot (we are a DVC family with APs)

We do want to do HEA at MK for DSis bday, and the SW fireworks at DHS the day we eat at Sci-Fi.

Like I said, I want to do something special for her, since she's planned so much for all of our trips.

I keep looking at the various tours or at the in-room celebration gifts, and while I don't necessarily have a set budget for her gift, I do cringe at the prices of some of the tours I know she would like to do (Wild Africa Trek is one of them).

I also want this to be a semi-surprise for her (so she know she's getting something, but not what).

Any potential ideas would be greatly appreciated!

How about Keys to the Kingdom Tour, it does take up half a day but it's so worth it for a Disney fan, I've done it 3 times and learned something new each time
The tour does not show up on MDE so it would be a surprise
If she enjoys animals then the Rhino or/and Elephant experience at AK would be fun and not that expensive
How about just renting a pontoon boat for all of you, you can bring some snacks and drinks (no glass bottles) and enjoy a ride around seven seas lagoon or bay lake

I like all those ideas. Expanding on AK tour what about the other one that u tour the safari and go up to the lookout point for a small snack. I forgot the name of it. It was a bit more expensive I know. I always wanted to do it.

How about Keys to the Kingdom Tour, it does take up half a day but it's so worth it for a Disney fan, I've done it 3 times and learned something new each time
The tour does not show up on MDE so it would be a surprise
If she enjoys animals then the Rhino or/and Elephant experience at AK would be fun and not that expensive
How about just renting a pontoon boat for all of you, you can bring some snacks and drinks (no glass bottles) and enjoy a ride around seven seas lagoon or bay lake

Ooh, I like the idea of the pontoon. Looking at the website, it does state that drinks and snacks are included (for both the fireworks cruise and the day cruises)? I guess when one of us calls (I can't myself, since I'm deaf) we just need to confirm with them that they're included?

Ooh, I like the idea of the pontoon. Looking at the website, it does state that drinks and snacks are included (for both the fireworks cruise and the day cruises)? I guess when one of us calls (I can't myself, since I'm deaf) we just need to confirm with them that they're included?
I was talking about regular day time pontoon rentals, they have different kinds, the view from the boats for the fireworks show is amazing if you want to do that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter