Need help planning souvenier budget

PRINCESS VIJA

Viva Latvia!
Hi, I have had a hard time planning how much to budget for souveniers. Please help! My DH says he only wants a Tshirt. I would like a pajama, earings, and a Christmas ornament. The kids each will get mickey ears (DS6 DD2), and some other treats. Perhaps a doll for DD, and something for a "hero" for DS. Could anyone tell me about how much these items might cost total? And how much should I budget for the "extra's" that we might find. i.e. pictures, balloons, etc. Thanks, Vija

I knew I wanted 4 or 5 Disney shirts{since we can't get them at home any more] and a few trading pins. Beyond that I had hoped for some great Bargins!!

At BELZ I found Disney Park shirts, dated 2000[which was ok by me,that was a Milestone Date!!]for $4.99 and I bought one in every color in my size! Then I moved to character shirts. The only one of my favorites that they had was Minnie at $9.99 ,but Dh fould his favorite Donald in a great pose$11.99! and a pair of Mickey sweats$11.99, then by chance we both picked a pocket shirt with a small Mickey Dh's is Black And Mine is Grayeach $9.99!! DD found a Tee top $5.00 she wanted and the cutest Mickey earrings that were only $1.99 and a .99 autograph book!! And We thought we had hit the Jackpot!!

But then we found the Buena Vista Factory Stores on S R 535 not more than 3 miles from WDW. AT the Big Character Corner[yes there are 2.one big store and one little one] we found Disney Hats for $2.99 the very ones DD had been looking at for $22.00!! I found a Small leather tooled purse for .99[it looked like the ones in AK]and a AK tin with the gang on it for .99[it is excellant for keeping hair accessories in]And I got another $4.99 shirt, MK fireworks shirt w Mickey, Goofy,Pluto,and Donald on it!!DH found Donald in his Toontown Boat[metal die cast,we saw these all over the WDW Parks for .99 and trading PINS only $1.99 I bought 12 of these!!!!
We missed getting any Sweatshirts!! THEY were at Belz and I ran out of time!!

After saving a ton on the stuff we Thought would be Expensive we're able to afford a few small things like,TOT pins $1.50,RnR Music shaped pens and pencils,an AK water Strap,AT MExico DD bought her spanish class a $3.00 Mexican Flag and a $1.50 bag of Lemon salt that is to be eaten like a snack. DD's must have was the Plant Hollywood NSYNC Hands Autographed shirt. Mine was the Large water Resistent Purse/bag that hangs on your shoulder,mine has a large Sorcer Mickey on it $22.00 and Dh had to have the Big Spiderman Mug!!

I hope this helps you!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :cool: ;)

tink.gif

[This message was edited by tink2dw on 04-17-01 at 03:25 PM.]

Check out a local disney store before hand. (NOW) I just bought stuffed animals (Pooh and Thumper)and 102 dalmation t-shirts for 75% the original tag. If I can keep DW from giving them to the kids early I'll save a bundle.

I always spend more than i expect, my last trip i bought 2 sweat shirts and a mickey and minnie christmas bean bag toy things to put in my christmas stuff, my advice buy what you really really want ,

Disney t-shirts- adults $18.99-25.99, kids $14.-$22. We always buy one for the whole family before MK and have our main street picture done in them. The picture-$13. The plush toys run about $16.95-18.95 for the medium size ones. The ears you want are $6, and you can get their names engraved for free in a shop at MK. Those neat ballons are around $5. Get your christmas ball at DD in the christmas store. Big selection and they always have a sale area. I get some sort of decoration every time I go.

95- offsite
97- Nikki bird
98- Holiday Inn M.E.
99- Days suites
00-ASM and HIFS
00- DL and MOWC
01- Animal kingdom lodge and HIFS

I've been giving Disney dollars for Valentines day, report card, tooth fairy, Easter, birthdays, fathers day. Both my son and husband will have over $100 so I thought I should save $100 for myself also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter