• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need a referral for the current DVC purchase incentive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I have been doing extensive research on DVC for my wife and I. I have looked at the basics, rules, incentives, resale v. direct, and more. I am now reading this thread and I am a bit confused about referrals.

My Questions:
1. Do you receive a better offer from DVC with a referral (aka steeper discount)?
2. What are the current referral discounts/incentives for BLT or AKL?
2. Do those apply on top of the current incentives?

Thanks in advance and feel free to pm or email.

pm sent:thumbsup2

Okay, so I have been doing extensive research on DVC for my wife and I. I have looked at the basics, rules, incentives, resale v. direct, and more. I am now reading this thread and I am a bit confused about referrals.

My Questions:
1. Do you receive a better offer from DVC with a referral (aka steeper discount)?
2. What are the current referral discounts/incentives for BLT or AKL?
2. Do those apply on top of the current incentives?

Thanks in advance and feel free to pm or email.

I am confused...I just bought BLT and I didn't get any referral discounts. I just got the standard current incentives ($5 off per point, matching developer points, etc) Anything else I should have received? I did give a name of a friend who owns, but since they have had my name in their system since 2002 when I first inquired, not sure my friend will get a referral fee. :confused3

I am confused...I just bought BLT and I didn't get any referral discounts. I just got the standard current incentives ($5 off per point, matching developer points, etc) Anything else I should have received? I did give a name of a friend who owns, but since they have had my name in their system since 2002 when I first inquired, not sure my friend will get a referral fee. :confused3

That's because there are no referral discounts right now. Some of the posts on this thread can be a bit misleading as they make it seem as though a new buyer using a referral receives a lower price or some extra incentives. But, until DVC runs another "Friends and Family" promo...you pay the same price with a referral as you do without. But you do get a nice warm fuzzy feeling that you were able to help an existing member receive a referral reward (and hopefully someone will return the favor to you).

Also, I would think your friend would still receive the referral reward...just have them check the member website and click on the "Sharing The Magic" link a week or two after your purchase is finalized and they should see if they are eligible or not (or they can just call their guide and inquire).

If anyone need a referral Please PM me! My guide is great and easy to deal with if you need a guide.
I am happy to split my referral rewards. If you close before the end of the year it will be my third referral and that means $500 to share!

I just wanted to Thank You :flower3: for all your help.
You were a great help...:goodvibes

How much of the $ 500 are you willing to share?? You do understand that you will be getting a 1099 misc for tax purposes and depending on your tax bracket you will be paying taxes on these referral rewards.

I let her keep it ALL...;)
I told her I would be fighting her for the referrals in the future...:rotfl:
She taught me how to do it...:)

And just an FYI...
I added her as a referral a week after I purchased our DVC.
I was afraid to ask because I had read that once you are in the system you can't add a referral.:sad2:
We had been in the system since last May. Be1021 helped me a lot and answered a ton of questions for me.
I finally asked about it and my guide said it's never too late to add a referral
and they wish everyone had one...:)
All they need to do is send an e-mail to the share the magic people.

And just an FYI...
I added her as a referral a week after I purchased our DVC.
I was afraid to ask because I had read that once you are in the system you can't add a referral.:sad2:
We had been in the system since last May. Be1021 helped me a lot and answered a ton of questions for me.
I finally asked about it and my guide said it's never too late to add a referral
and they wish everyone had one...:)
All they need to do is send an e-mail to the share the magic people.

Thanks for sharing this as it's another one of those things we've had conflicting reports on...I honestly think it really just depends on the guide and whether or not they want to take the time to add the referral information (especially in cases like yours where the sale was already in the bag!).

So when is your actual closing date? We signed up Nov 20th. Our paperwork says final downpayment is due Dec 15th (which is the incentive that Disney pays). Our first payment is Feb 09. Does that mean we officially haven't closed until the 12-15 date? So I can still refer someone? Sounds like maybe I can refer even if we have closed? Are the current incentive only for the member getting the referral or does the newbie get an incentive too...just wondering. In reading past posts it looks like the offers change often???

So when is your actual closing date? We signed up Nov 20th. Our paperwork says final downpayment is due Dec 15th (which is the incentive that Disney pays). Our first payment is Feb 09. Does that mean we officially haven't closed until the 12-15 date? So I can still refer someone? Sounds like maybe I can refer even if we have closed? Are the current incentive only for the member getting the referral or does the newbie get an incentive too...just wondering. In reading past posts it looks like the offers change often???

It certainly wouldn't hurt to try and add a referral...all it takes is a call to your guide to find out. At this time, there are no extra incentives for using a referral -- but I'm sure you would make the person's name you are using very happy if you did.

Also, you might want to check with your guide anyway as there's a good chance you may have already closed as many people have reported that their transaction's were final several days before the date they were originally given. WELCOME HOME!

Just call and tell them you have someone who has been very helpful to you and you would like to add them as a referral to your account.

Thank you!!!!
I would be happy to help out anyone else who has questions and would really appreciate being used as a referral.
Definately if you are buying add someone as a referral to your account. Better a member receive a token amount than it being in Disney's pocket (As much as I love Disney and all);)
Just make sure to double check that the person you are using as a referral lives in a state that allows them to receive money for a referral (Florida where I live is one of those states)
Please feel free to contact me if you need a referral

If anyone needs a referral please let me know our guide is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone is still looking for a referral please let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone's guide hinted at new promos coming with the new year? Sure seems like something should be in the works as I expected a steady stream of hype over BLT and it's been kind of quiet lately. :confused3

Funny you should ask...yesterday my guide hinted to a new incentive under discussion by upper DVC mgmt. No details yet.

Rumored....
The feeling is that it will probably be similar to "Friends & Family".. a newbie "must" give a members name/address as a referral to be eligible for special discounts ( because that was a huge successful promo for Disney & members & newbies) and likely to be announced with the price increase 1/15/09.

We'll see..:3dglasses

As we members know, giving a members name/address never hurts, allows Disney to give a perk to a member, and sometimes gets the "newbie" an additional discount/perk upon purchase.

If anyone needs more info on DVC and/or a referral, feel free to PM or e-mail me. I have a knowledgable guide to introduce you to with 15+ yrs. DVC experience and doesnt work on comission...so you get the straight scoop.:goodvibes

Be happy to share any DVC info and help your family make a good financial decision. ;)

Just spoke with my guide and he confirmed that yes there is a new promo coming up.

If any one has any questions or needs a referral please let me know I would be happy to help you out!!!!!!

Coming out of lurkdom again.

Would it be better for me to buy into DVC now or wait until Jan 15th to see if their are any other discounts coming up?

I am looking at AKV, but want more info on BLT and can currently buy AKV at $97.00 pp with an additional 300 pts to use as a "freebie" vacation.

Might their be a better deal than that with a type of "Friends and Family" promo after Jan15th? And if I do use a referral, do I have to switch guides? I like the one I have, he's been great to work with so I would hate to have to switch.

Thank You!! :)

Would it be better for me to buy into DVC now or wait until Jan 15th to see if their are any other discounts coming up?

I am looking at AKV, but want more info on BLT and can currently buy AKV at $97.00 pp with an additional 300 pts to use as a "freebie" vacation.

Might their be a better deal than that with a type of "Friends and Family" promo after Jan15th? And if I do use a referral, do I have to switch guides? I like the one I have, he's been great to work with so I would hate to have to switch.

I don't think it would hurt to wait and see if there are promotions coming out in January. Sometimes guides say that with a friends and family promotion you can only use that if you mention the name the first time you contact them, but I've read on here from others that guides have added the referral last minute as well. If you like your guide and he is great to work with I would ask him these questions to see what he thinks. I know my guide would tell me honestly and I trust him 100%. Good luck to you with your decision!
Lesley

I spoke with my guide this week and he indicated that the friends and family promo is going to be a "good deal" so I would think it would not hurt to wait.

Our guide is wonderful and has been around for a while if you decide that you need a referral.

On that note I have also known of friends to stay with the guide that they have initially spoken with and were also able to add a referral tooo!!!!!!

NO ONE can answer that question.....
Disney is smart enough to "tweak" the discounts/incentives a bit but to expect anything "major" in discounts really hasn't been done previously and surely since Disney is selling..I don't foresee any great shakes happening.

The "KEY" to remember is that the "Price WILL Increase"....so doesn't really matter what the discount/incentive is ....

You dont need to switch guides...just give your guide a members name (ASAP-he/she might not let you do it later since it wasn't given initially :goodvibes )..so it is on record soon...so that you don't loose out if/when the friend/family or whatever the new discount is announced.

My family is planning on buying 160 BLT, 160 AKV and 160+ at GCV if there is anything left after the founding members get theirs.

We are going on the Disney Cruise Jan 11, 09 after 3 days at OKW to run the Disney Half and Full marathon (if I am still alive to go on the cruise).

What are the best incentives?

I want to put the contract in my name and wife's, plus add my 19 and 20 son and daughter to the contract. My guide tells me that this would constitute a new membership (DVC members for 15+ years).

What are the current incentives?
What are the new member incentives?
Is there still a referral program?
Is there a special incentive on-board the Disney Cruise?

I haven't purchased points in a long time so I have lost track of what the incentives are. I would appreciate any advice on how to maximize the incentives.

thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter