Need 14 easy cheap delicious dinners

This is a great thread. I'm single, but have been trying to be better about cooking. My boyfriend and I eat at restaurants or get take out way too often. I've bookmarked a bunch of the recipes in this thread!

I've also been checking out Dinner Tonight, Betty Crocker and the Disney Family site. They all seem to have a lot of quick, easy meal ideas. I especially like the Betty Crocker site's shopping list feature.

Also, if you have a toaster oven, I found an excellent blog: Get Toasted Avec Eric. Eric Ripert is a renowned chef and recently started posting recipes for fast, flavorful recipes you can make in a toaster oven. The herb roasted chicken tenders sound delicious and seems very family friendly.

heres my easy list for the week

Sunday BLT sandwiches with side of chips
MOnday -grilled hotdog with saute green bell peppers and onions
Tuesday -Steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, potatos and a salad
Wednesday-tostadas
Thurdays-Shrimp scampi
Friday-chili dogs
Saturday-BBQ chicken, green beans, rice or roni and salad

OP ~ you inspired me to come up with a plan. Makes life so much easier because making a menu each week always frustrated me. So here's what I have for Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter.....
I have it in a spread sheet and didn't know how to post that so I tweaked it to fit here.

Spring & Summer Menu Ideas
Sunday: Grilled Burgers w/ or w/o buns OR Sloppy Joe's OR Impossible Cheeseburger Pie AND Chips and/or veggies & dip
Monday: Chicken or steak Fajitas OR Enchiladas or Mexican Lasagna OR Taco's AND Salad and/or rice
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken Salad OR Steak & Potato Salad OR Asian Chicken Salad w/ pasta AND Crackers or bread
Wednesday: Chicken/Beef Stir Fry w/ pasta/rice & egg roll OR Pasta w/ marinara or meat sauce OR Mediterranean Pasta AND Salad and bread
Thursday: Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomato AND Deviled Eggs or Cottage Cheese or Pasta, Potato, or Pea salad AND Crackers or bread
Friday: Red Beans & Rice OR Quiche w/ham OR Pizza AND salad & bread
Saturday: Grilled Steak OR Ribs AND Potato or corn & salad

Fall & Winter Menu Ideas
Sunday: Taco Soup OR Chili OR Sloppy Joe's OR Impossible Cheeseburger Pie AND Veggies & dip
Monday: Chicken or steak Fajitas OR Enchiladas or Mexican Lasagna OR Taco's AND Salad and/or rice
Tuesday: Grilled Chicken Salad OR Steak & Potato Salad OR Asian Chicken Salad w/ pasta AND Crackers or bread
Wednesday: Chicken or Beef Stir Fry w/ pasta or rice & egg roll OR Pasta w/ marinara or meat sauce OR Chicken Stroganoff AND Salad and bread
Thursday: Potato Soup OR Steak Soup OR Stew AND Crackers or bread
Friday: Red Beans & Rice OR Ham 'n' Beans OR Quiche w/ham OR Pizza AND salad & bread
Saturday: Grilled Steak OR Grilled Burgers w/ or w/o buns AND Potato or corn & salad

Choose lean meats and low fat dairy. Add extra fiber and extra veggies.

I only read a couple pages so this may have been posted already and I apologize if its a repeat.

This crockpot recipe is always a favorite at our house.

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup salsa
1 package reduced sodium taco seasoning
1 can reduced fat cream of mushroom soup (condensed)
1/2 cup reduced fat sour cream
Optional: small can of corn & a can of black beans

Directions:
Add chicken to slow cooker. Sprinkle taco seasoning over chicken. Pour salsa and soup (corn and beans if you want) over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Serve with rice.

Chicken In a Pot
Take 1 lb boneless/skinless chicken, add 3 Good Seasons dry packs to it, cook it on low in the crock pot for maybe 5 hours, Then break up chicken with a spoon- it's very tender- will break up easy, then add 1 large or 2 small cans of creal of chicken soup, or cream of mushroom- it tastes the same- I just don't do mushrooms. Also add 1 block of cream cheese, mix it up. Let this all melt, and make your rice, and just put the chicken mixture over the rice. This is really good and so easy, I make this alot, just put it on before I leave work. It is also even better the next day!!:goodvibes Enjoy.

Yummy! Thank you! :flower3:

This is a new favorite for our family. Delicious, filling, fast, and easy!
Kristie

Prep/Cook: 15 minutes

Serves: 4

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1 pkg. (1.12 oz.) Pace® Taco Seasoning Mix
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups uncooked instant white rice
Pace® Thick & Chunky Salsa
Shredded Cheddar cheese
Shredded lettuce
Tortilla chips

Directions:

COOK beef and taco seasoning in skillet until browned. Pour off fat.
ADD soup, water and rice. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low heat 5 min. or until done.
TOP with salsa, cheese and lettuce. Serve with tortilla chips (Scoops are great) for dipping.

When we have spagetti to use up the extra sauce I make Chicken Parm. I buy Tyson chicken patties frozen-layer on a cookie sheet, add sauce and cheese and bake for 20-30 mins until the cheese melts and is starting to turn a golden brown. If we have enough sauce left I boil some noodles to serve on the side if not I serve with a side of mashed potatoes or baked if you prefer and a veggie. Chicken parm. is also great served on a roll with a side of fries. Makes a quick meal once the sauce has been cooked.

Good luck.

I love this menu planner sheet http://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/pdf/weeklyplanner_rev.PDF ..(IT IS ON THE 2ND PAGE) I print off a few- see what is on sale and what I have in the freezer/pantry/ and usually plan 2 weeks at a time using many of the stock recipes I have. If I want to try something new I just make use some of the sides are substantial(just incase).

Another thing is that our local market they have taste samples of recipes(not just products) so if I find something my boys like-I will take the recipe card and ask for any tips in making it. Way cheaper for me - try a free sample and if they don't like it- I didn't make a whole meal of it.

In the summer I add BLT/Hamburgers/BBQ chicken grilled/chef salads etc and work out some of the oven type meals(save them for cold days)

Here are a few of ours

Orange chicken (homemade chinese), rice and broccoli or green beans
Tacos
Spaghetti
sloppy joe
BBQ Chicken
Pork chops in mushroom gravy
pork chops spread with dijon under the broiler, mashed potato, veggie
enchiladas
burritos
stirfry veggies with pork or chicken
fajitas
meatloaf and baked macaroni
oven fried chicken
hamburgers
hotdogs
kielbasa and red beans and rice
kielbasa and cabbage and onions (stirfried)
bratwursts
steak, baked potatoes and a veggie
grilled chicken
grilled pork chops
ham slices and macaroni and cheese
omelets
pancakes and or french toast

Another easy idea that we like is pizza burgers. Basically a sloppy joe made with pizza sauce and a slice of mozzarella.

Baked salsa chicken (I personally love using Newman's own pineapple salsa for a sweet sauce)

Stroganoff sandwiches:
1# ground beef
half an onion chopped
2 cups sour cream
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
butter softened
1 loaf of french bread
2 cups of cheddar cheese

Brown ground beef and saute with onion until onion is clear. Add sour cream, seasonings; heat through. Cut the loaf of bread in half and butter both halves. Top with meat mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake @350 for 20 minutes.

I love this menu planner sheet http://www.thehomeschoolmom.com/pdf/weeklyplanner_rev.PDF ..(IT IS ON THE 2ND PAGE) I print off a few- see what is on sale and what I have in the freezer/pantry/ and usually plan 2 weeks at a time using many of the stock recipes I have. If I want to try something new I just make use some of the sides are substantial(just incase).

Thanks for posting that! I've printed some out and will be trying to add them to my repetoire.

Also, thought I'd put in another plea from the masses for the recipe for Bacon wrapped BBQ chicken. :goodvibes

My DH and both DS will eat this and that is a miracle in our house...and it is good for you.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 bag of frozen chicken breasts (6)
1 cup picante sauce
2 cans black beans
2 small cans chopped green chilies
1 15 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 8 oz can tomato sauce

bag of tostito chips
sour cream
grated cheese

Place first 6 ingredients in crock pot on high for 7 hours. Remove chicken and shred and return to crock pot. Serve over crushed tostito chips and add sour cream and cheese if desired. Will serve an army. I like to add a third can of black beans, just drain the liquid from it.

Enjoy

put a chuck roast in the crock pot and dump in a jar of pepperochinis. cook all day. Take out the meat and fork apart into shreds. Put the meat on a roll with a slice of provolone.

Easy and delish! Not spicy either.

Love this one! Even my 7 year old!

UNSTUFFED BELL PEPPERS

3 bell peppers
1lb ground turkey (I buy frozen)
1 can spanish rice or a box spanish rice, cook as directed.
3 tbs ketchup

Wash, cut up 1 inch square the bell peppers and steam in steam bag for 3 minutes, drain excess water and place in pam sprayed cassarole dish.

Brown ground turkey, add spanish rice and ketchup and mix.

Pour over peppers and bake at 375 until cheese is bubbly.

Voila!

put a chuck roast in the crock pot and dump in a jar of pepperochinis. cook all day. Take out the meat and fork apart into shreds. Put the meat on a roll with a slice of provolone.

Easy and delish! Not spicy either.

Same idea and you can make this dish as spicy or bland as you want by picking either mild, medium, or hot picante sauce. My mom calls it the "Hot Roast"

cheapest roast you can find.
one jar of picante sauce
peeled potatoes

place all ingredients in crock pot and cook until roast falls apart (about 7-8 hours). Put back in the crock pot and mix with the potatoes. Place on flour tortillas and add sourcream and cheese. Will feed an army and inexpensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter