Narcossee's Opinions Please

We thought it was a bit on the pricey side, but not bad enough to keep us from eating there. We wore nice jeans and appropriate t-shirts (except for dad, who lives in a polo shirt) and while there were a few people in fancier garb, there were also a few people in sweat pants (which seemed out of place in a restaurant that's supposed to be slightly upscale). The food was fantastic, though. Our waitress brought our food before she realized that she had forgotten to bring my dad and me steak knives. The food smelled so good that we didn't wait for her to come back and cut through the filets with butter knives without trouble! My dad tested it with a fork and was moderately successful there, too.

I'd take the boat over from MK as it is right near the dock. If you take a bus or monorail then you have to walk to the dock from the resort.

I'd take the boat over from MK as it is right near the dock. If you take a bus or monorail then you have to walk to the dock from the resort.

Well thats helpful! When we went, we had no idea that the restaurant wasn't in the actual main hotel. We were already running late, and literally had to RUN to make our reservation times! This next trip, we will def. take the boat! Thanks for the tip!!

:cloud9: My favorite restaurant in WDW! I love the surf and turf and the almond crusted cheesecake is the best! We always go as soon as they open to get a great view and it's quieter then too. We wear khaki shorts and a nicer top and it's fine.

We LOVE narcoossee's. It is a must for us every trip. My husband dreams of the almond crusted cheesecake. The restaurant has actually moved its way up to the first restaurant we eat it when we arrive at the world....and thats saying a lot. No its not stuffy, yes a bit loud, but casual and the food is wonderful

It's very laid back and one of the most casual of all the upscale restaurants.

The food is excellent, but we've had some service problems there--mostly just really S-L-O-W.

Anne

Agreed. Food is very good, but we have gone twice and both times service was terrible. The first time, the server did not enter my appetizer and it came out 10 minutes after the rest of the party was done with theirs. Overall just slow and clumsy.

The second time was last October and I will not go back. Again the food was good overall. My risotto was terrible, but everything else was delicious. The server was absent minded and no where to be found half the time. Just poor overall.

We had a lovely meal there 2 years ago, then took the boat back to MK and the water pageant was starting,so they had to stop to let it thru and that was a great experience having the floats go by us on the water.

Someone recommended it to us last night. Heard nothing but great reviews. Would love to try it on our honeymoon, but we're doing the Luau instead.

Probably our favorite meal on our last trip, definitely would recommend! I wore a summer dress, but we were on our honeymoon. Capris and nice top would definitely be fine!! LOVED the surf and turf :goodvibes

Great to hear all of the wonderful reviews, we are trying this restaurant out when we are there in a few weeks and we are very excited about it. Just curious, would nice capris and a dressier top be o.k. to wear, I don't want to bring any skirts with me this trip. Thanks.

That would be fine. I go in my park attire, I'm in Disney so I dont pack anything but what I'll need for a day in the park, isn't that what it's all about, I don't go like a street personn but I am not dressed up

This is a must do for me and DH every trip. It is usually a kick off to our vacation because we usually fly in on a Sunday, get settled at our hotel, nap/swim/shower and then head to Narcoosee's. We love the food and especially watching Wishes (with the piped in music). Usually, MK has EMH, so we head over to the park after dinner.

We have never gone in the clothes we wore to the park, but we don't get super dressed up either (usually nice shorts and a polo shirt).

DH and I just ate there a month ago for our anniversary. We thought it was very casual for a signature restaurant. The restaurant was pretty, but not on par with some of the other signatures IMO.

As to the food, it was decent. DH had the surf & turf and really liked it. I had the filet mignon. The steak was super tender- I could cut it with my fork. The big drawback for me was it was smothered in some kind of oniony-sauce which totally killed the flavor. If I went again, I'd have that on the side (or removed all together). It also came with some augratin type potatoes which would have been great, had they not been sooooo salty. OMG, it was like licking a salt block. :rotfl:We had noted on our ressie it was our anniversary, and we got personalized menus and a free dessert (almond cheesecake which was delish!).

On the plus side, our waitress was great, and we were seating right against the windows. We had a wonderful view of the fireworks and the water pageant.

Love Narcoosees! Its a must for us every trip.
Love the crispy calamari and the great desserts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter