• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narcoosee's For Dinner December 28th 10th Anniversary

alioops25

Dreaming of the World
This is my first post here so forgive my lack of photos! I wanted to sing praises for Narcoossee's at the Grand Floridian. We had an 8:10pm ADR on December 28, 2006, but checked in early at about 7:40pm. Hubby, of course requested a window table for our 10th Anniversary celebration. We were given the PERFECT table and seated at 8:10pm on the dot. We were presented with personalized menus and complimentary glasses of Champagne to celebrate. Hubby ordered the Chilled Shrimp with Cucumber-Avacodo Salsa as our appetizer. It was light, and the shrimp were lovely, not rubbery or tough at all. We each ordered the Romaine Hearts salad and both of us enjoyed it very much.
I have to stop here and praise our server who was fabulous. She was quiet, and allowed us to enjoy our meal and cleared the table without making us feel that she was in constant attendance.
For our Entrees, Hubby ordered the Surf and Turf--Grilled Filet Mignon and Butter-Poached Lobster Tail with Potato Gratin and Green Peppercorn-Brandy Sauce and announced it was perfection. The Filet melted in your mouth and the lobster was succulent and soft, not rubbery at all. I ordered the Grilled Filet Mignon with Potato Gratin and Green Peppercorn-Brandy Sauce and again it was perfection. Even though it was served a bit more rare than I prefer, it was delicious!
I often hear people complain about Narcoossee's being loud. That was compeletely contrary to our experience. And there were tables with children in the restaurant. It was quiet, romantic and lovely. The water view was amazing and up until 30 seconds before Wishes started, we had the perfect view of the show. But, alas another family agreed about our view and chose to stand right in front of us on the deck outside. Hubby and I decided to go with the flow and headed outside to watch Wishes. It was BEAUTIFUL and romantic:wizard: After Wishes ended, we headed back in for our desserts and a view of the Water parade in progress. I wish I could give a full description and the names of our desserts, but we ordered the Almond Crusted Cheesecake and some sort of Chocolate wonder that were fabulous and totally worth it! Again, it was a wonderful evening and one I would LOVE to repeat!

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I was just trying to decide if Narcoosee's would be a good choice, now I know it is!:thumbsup2

excellent! That is music to my ears..we just switched an ADR from Jiko to Narcoosees and was hoping it was the right choice..its sounds lovely :)

I'm glad to hear that you had a fabulous time! :wizard: I am always singing praises about Narcoossee's, just because we enjoy it so much! It is our favorite place to dine in WDW!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Congrats to you both on your 10th Anniversary.

I really enjot Narcossee's. I think it is a secret treasure at WDW. Great service, food & atmosphere. The fish is always fresh and I believe they have some of the best bread in the world.
So glad you enjoyed your evening!:wizard:

What a great review! We haven't been to Narcoosee's in years. We will have to get back there soon. Thanks for the report!:thumbsup2

You noted that you didn't have a picture of your surf-n-turf. There is one on this link, should you want to view it:

Dinner - Filet & Carribean Lobster Tail
...didn't take a new picture - had this one from June - it looked and tasted the same - delicious!!

edc8c807.jpg

All Narcoosie's Pictures on Disboards

to the OP

were you on dining plan?

we have ADR there and wanted to know if you can still order the filet & lobster

glad you liked it! he had the smae thing for our disneymoon in jan. excpet DH got the whole maine lobster! we thought it was the best meal of the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter