• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Naps?

We went last April and this April, ds was 15 months old last trip and 2 years old this trip. Both times naps were essential!

When he was 15 months old he just slept peacefully in the stroller no matter where we were.

Last month, we went back to the room EVERYDAY ~ ds napped 1-2 hours in the crib, I rested and prepared the rest of the day, dh and dd(8) went swimming, it was perfect!

We all enjoyed returning to the room in the afternoon! S

Pooh&Piglet -

Our son continues to nap in the stroller. In November he was 3 1/2 and had no problem falling asleep in the stroller. I think part of it has to do with the fact that it is HIS stroller and he still feels very comfortable in it. My husband rigged a piece of plexyglass that we covered with material and padding that let the stroller bed pull out and be a bit longer. In reality we didn't use it as my son would just cuddle up and slept right there. We did go back to the room a few afternoons but since we were there in off season, we got to do so much more with him sleeping in the stroller. Then at night we were at the pool, etc. Worked pretty good for us. So, hopefully your children will continue to enjoy those stroller naps.

My kids stopped napping at home around 2yo - all 5 of them. Our vacations at WDW proved to be the exception, however. Any 5yo and under lay down with Dad and all eventually fall asleep. The others go with me to the pool. I agree that the pool may not be "restful" but it is a refreshing break. After swimming, they usually have 10-20 minutes sitting in front of the TV while everyone else finishes getting ready to head back out to the parks. I highly recommend it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter