Name the new ship

The name Disney Dreams seems to be the overwhelming favorite on this board, and it's been the rumored name for years. So maybe, if Disney goes ahead with another ship, it will, in fact, be called the Disney Dreams.

But I have two concerns about the name. First, the name Dreams is too close to Dream, which is the name of an NCL ship. And secondly, ships' names are typically singular nouns (or singular nouns that can also be used as adjectives). Dreams is a plural noun. That would make it awkward to speak or write about the ship. Would you say, "The Dreams is in port now," or "The Dreams are in port now?"

The name Disney Dreams is fine for a DCL stage show, but it's a questionable name for a new DCL ship.

I LOVE the name, the Disney Dream

And, the Disney Spirit would definately go along with the "I discovered the _________"!

To bad so many of the Disney type names are already taken.

How about the Disney Joy....

The Magic, the Wonder, and the Joy of Disney! :D

"You are now on the most Dreamy ship afloat". ???

Rather than the most "Wonderful" or the most "Magical" ship afloat

I was reading this and thinking and thinking and thinking...(a rare thing for me I know..LOL:p ). If I were an Imagineer (ha! I wish!), what would I choose for the new ship's title? As I look around my Disney-filled office here at home, I wonder what Walt would've called it. And then...it hits me. DCL has Magic and Wonder...Enchantment would be a perfect name for the new ship when it is pressed into service. It follows the Magic/Wonder theme perfectly and would be a great name for a new Disney ship. :)

Gayle(UDB)

RCCL already has a ship named Enchantment of The Seas. I think that the Disney Enchantment would be too close.

according to Captain Henry at the 8/30 Castawayclub Party

he said that all the 3rd ship is.

Just heard those all too familiar few notes and thought:

The Wish

Wishy-Washy - huh?

I was one of the cancelled Nov. 30, 2002 cruisers that ended up going on the Dec. 1 Wonder and I got a lot of grief from friends and relatives for going with all the viruses on the ships..........Sooooo I just to them that they renamed the ship.......... THE PHOO!!!!! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter