Name the new ship

How about the "Walt" Disney

[I know, Ships are female, but in the era of non-sexist titles, why not]

Disney Awe (The Magic, The Wonder and The Awe sound kindof neat together)

Disney Whimsy (but then there would be two "w's")

And, if it where going to Alaska:
Disney Expedition
Disney Flight (as in Peter Pan's)

Originally posted by SheriB
How about the Disney Fascination?
Or Disney Charm?

Sheri

These are the only two so far that fit with the I Discovered the Magic/Wonder theme of the kids T-shirts.

I discovered the Charm!
I discovered the Fascination???:confused:

Who knows? They pay some marketing guys big, big bucks to come up with these names so I'm sure it'll be something catchy.

Originally posted by Sonya Francisco
Who knows? They pay some marketing guys big, big bucks to come up with these names so I'm sure it'll be something catchy.

Of that, I'm sure.

It's interesting to play around on the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office website and look at some of the stuff that Disney already has registered. If you type in "Disney cruise"; Disney Cruise Line, Disney Magic, and Disney Wonder come up along with the graphical logo of the cruise line.

I know that many people noticed Expedition Everest was registered to Disney prior to the announcement of the new attraction by the same name. This fact helped them to validate some of the rumors that the attraction was going to be built.

Although no possible ship names appear when you look up DCL on this site, I'm sure they are giving the matter much thought in Burbank. Maybe the name of the new ship won't be announced until construction is underway or near completion?

The USPTO site: http://www.uspto.gov/

3 Circles: That is a neat site! Thanks for sharing.

My vote is for the Fanatasia or the Awe. But if they wanted to name it after a lady, since most ships are, they could call it the Minnie or even the Lillian after Walt's wife.

Angie

Originally posted by SheriB
How about the Disney Fascination?
Or Disney Charm?
The Carnival Fascination offers 3 and 4 night cruises out of Miami, Florida. I don't think we'll see two mainstream cruise ships, both of which are called the Fascination, operating out of Florida.

There isn't a competitive cruise ship called the Charm, so I suppose that's a possibility. But the word "charm" doesn't suggest the same sense of awe as the words "magic" and "wonder." (Too bad "awe" sound likes the noise you make when you're in the dentist's chair.)

The Disney Memory?

Hmm I'm not really sure about that actually but nobody's suggested it so now I have.

They had asked this question on another site along with what itinerary you would like to see. I like the name of the ship "Miss Lillian" after Walt's wife and for the new Castaway Cay purchase Alcatraz Island and turn it into a Villians Castle escape and call it Convict Cay. LOL....just joking on the island thing, but would love to have the ship positioned on the West Coast. The East Coast already has two ships, it our turn now.

OK I've given this a lot of thought.

It seems that for years everyone has believed that the new ship "is going" to named Disney Dreams. I tried to think of what an Imagineer would name a new ship. This is what I came up with:

DISNEY SPIRIT

Disney Dreams sounds to be the best fan favorite and even my DD likes the name. go dream go

Originally posted by Suecot2000
OK I've given this a lot of thought.

It seems that for years everyone has believed that the new ship "is going" to named Disney Dreams. I tried to think of what an Imagineer would name a new ship. This is what I came up with:

DISNEY SPIRIT
The Carnival Spirit offers 8 night cruises out of Miami, Florida. I don't think we'll see two mainstream cruise ships, both of which are called the Spirit.

There's also Seabourn Cruise Line's Seabourn Spirit, but it's in a dfferent class.

I have to say Disney Dreams would get my vote, however, on a comical note I had to think-
Disney's CHA CHING......;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter