MYW & Free Dining - Help Please :)

Gaspode

<font color=blue>Its threatening and romantic....
Hiya Everyone,

Hope this is the right place to post for advice.... (I've posted on the Restaurant board too... sorry for duplicates but I just seem to have read a *lot* of conflicting stories and the WDW CM I spoke to told me something different as well!)

So I've heard a lot of talk about the MYW with free dining. DFi and I were already in the "we need to get to FL" mood so this is tempting us even further lol.

But can you please explain a few things to me?

1) I have seen people say that you can just buy a one day ticket and get free meals throughout your trip.... now this would be ideal for us because we already have some tickets left over from last year but is it true? I phoned Disney reservations and they said we had to get a six day... but if thats true then there are going to be a lot of disappointed Disers I feel (cos' they claim to have booked and just got the one day)

2) What is the best way to book this? Through Disney?

Thanks for any and all advice. We are sorely tempted but need all the facts first!!

Best Wishes,
Gaspodé

Hi,
I booked the first day that the code came out for the Free Dining. We are a family of 4 and are staying for 6 nights. We already have our MYW tickets so we only bought 1 day base tickets for each of us. NO PROBLEM at all. We've already received confirmation papers and everything so everything is fine. The details on the paper show the one day base tickets and FREE dining for each of the six nights.

I booked directly through Disney. I have read about people getting the AAA discount by booking with them but since we don't have AAA I just called Disney directly.

HTH

I would call and book directly with WDW.

Also, keep in mind that you will be paying full rack rate for your room. However, with the free dining doesn't cut some of your spending.

Also, room only rates or AP room rates may be less.

Just call back and get someone else. Just tell them what you want for a resort & how many days, passes and the code for free dining and they will see that it will go through. The woman that I got had no idea about this discount so I actually had to explain it to her, but it worked fine and I already have the ressie paperwork so it does work. Good luck :)

We booked, paid the deposit on a room and have the confirmation for our package which shows 7 nights of free dining and 1 day base tickets. It is a for real "too good to be true."

I keep getting conflicting stories from CRO about this also. I had one agent tell me I had to buy multiple days. It was agreviating.

I finally cancelled my reservation with disney and booked with dreams unlimited. I get so frustated when I phone CRO, wait on hold for ever, then to have a CM who doesn't have the correct information. I am pretty busy at work, so I dont really have time for that.

I ended cancelling my reservations and going through dreams unlimited. Sue Ellen is my agent and she has been nothing but helpful. Has answered all of my emails quickly and got my reservation when one CRO CM told me all of the MYW free dining packages were sold out at this particular resort.

If you are like me, and get frustated when you try to call and do a simple thing, and CM's tell you were wrong when you know that you are right, then I would suggest using a TA.

I know I can do it myself but when I have to call back 3 times to get a CM at CRO, that has correct information, it goes from a relaxing vacation to stress.

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry I didn't respond again last night (one of our cats brought a live mouse into the house for the 2nd time in the past few days!! :earseek:)

But I wanted to thank everyone for their great advice. My DFi was getting as frustrated as I was that everyone appeared to be booking with just a one day and the original CRO CM told me we *had* to get a 6 so he just agreed with you all and said 'call again' (bear in mind its not cheap for us to call the States ;))

Anyways, I called again and got a **wonderful** CM (I'm going to write to Disney and tell them how great she is!) who not only went and checked and came back and said we could just get a one day but also worked out different prices on different lengths of stay for us, told us all about magical express etc (perfect for us, we dont drive), congratulated us on our upcoming wedding, gave us a number to ring to see how many days are left on our current tickets (we've forgotten!) and told us we could have a room basically in *any* of the value resorts where the previous CM said it was only available in music (and with the 6day ticket).... so needless to say we are pretty excited!

We now have a 9 night stay in September on hold (at Pop Century resort so I need to read up on that too!) and if we can get the flights sorted we'll be paying our deposit shortly - woohoo!

Disney Free Dining Plan - I love ya!

Thanks again everyone :)
Gaspodé

Gaspode said:
gave us a number to ring to see how many days are left on our current tickets (we've forgotten!) Gaspodé

How did you do it? I asked if there was a way to check for unexpired days on a parkhopper and was told you had to wait until you were at Disney to check.
-Wendy

Sorry Wendy, only just seen this.... after we phoned the number we were given we were told that the CM was wrong and you can only check once you are at the gates in Disney.

Shame really but never mind :)

Cya,
Gaspodé

Just buy the one day ticket. Once you get there you can check how many days you have on your existing tickets. If you need more days you can upgrade your 1 day ticket by paying the difference between the cost of the 1 day and the new ticket.

I'm glad you got a more helpful CM! It sounds like the CM was trying to enforce old rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter