Myrtle Beach Dining

karinbelle

DIS Veteran
We are headed to this wonderful beach for the first time. Can you recommend a favorite place to eat?

I notice that Entertainment books are not available for the area. Are there any good restaurant coupons for dining in the area?

I'm also interested in any must-do activities.

Thank you!

There is an excellent Italian restaurant called Pomadora's. We were there last summer and they offered a $10 menu. It said that it was a smaller portion menu.....NO WAY....the portions were regular size and it also included soup or salad. The service was great as was the atmosphere.

As far as things to do....it's a beach place. So other than that there is golf and shopping.

We did a nice dolphin watch at Myrtle Beach. We also took in a Cirque like show at the Palace Theatre that we enjoyed.

We have a vacation home there so we do have regular places we eat and like. Greg Norman’s grill in North Myrtle is good seafood. Ambuleos is good Tex-Mex. River City café for burgers. Umberto’s for Italian. Buffets are huge in MB, we really don’t dig buffets. If you are into them try Magnolia’s. It’s one with actual yummy eats very reasonably priced not overpriced buckets of fried stuff. Calabash style seafood refers to heavily breaded and fried. Calabash, NC is a couple miles up the road from MB and is credited with this style food. Ella’s there is particularly noted in Calabash but we much prefer the food at Boundary House across the street, it’s a similar menu to California Dreaming which is also quite good and has a location in MB. You can find coupon books all over the place (like most grocery stores and gas stations) in MB for restaurants. Now if you want to make a day trip to Charleston you could eat some phenomenal food.

There are a lot of coupon books available everywhere. Check in your resort lobby. Seafood Buffets abound. They are expensive and the quality varies a lot. We like Bennetts the best. Lots of fried seafood if you are a fan. There is a house of Blues, and most of your typical chain places. There is a Landry's Seafood but we had terrible service there. There is a Hard Rock Cafe and a Johnny Rockets.

There are music and Dinner Shows. There is a new Pirate Show we have not seen but our friends said was really good. Broadway By the Beach is fun. There is a small amusement park " Family Kingdom" that is fine and the new ferris Wheel is suppose to be really cool but is like 12.oo per ride. WE like the area and go a few times a year. We are about 4 hours away. Have fun .

One of my absolute favorite restaurants on earth is in Murrell's Inlet, about a 30 min drive from Myrtle Beach. But it is TOTALLY worth it!! Why: wonderful food on the waterfront. They have indoor seating, but we always sit outside on the deck and watch the goats (!) on the little island across the way. Here's a link:

http://www.davesdockside.com/

I also love the Sea Captain's House in Myrtle Beach. Their she-crab soup is the best in the Myrtle area!

http://seacaptains.com/

This is an absolute must....our favorite place to eat!!!
It's called the Farm House. You won't regret it. Get there early or expect a wait. There are only 2 dining rooms with about 6 tables in each. This is MB's best kept secret.

Serving The Grand Strand For 45 Years,
We Continue To Serve Our Original
Country Buffet in Iron Pots and
Pans On Old Wood Cook Stoves.
Supper Is Served 5-Days a Week
From 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
We are Closed on Sunday and Monday
The Price for an Adult is $17.85
and includes Beverages and Dessert

Children's Price is $0.95
(per year of age)

The FARM HOUSE is Located Downtown
at 5th Avenue Across the Street
Form the Myrtle Beach Post Office

Due To High Credit Card Processing
Fees that the Banks are Charging Us,
We No Longer Accept Plastic.

BUT WE WILL ACCEPT

YOUR PERSONAL CHECK

TRAVELERS CHECKS

AND OF COURSE CASH
Contact Information
Phone :
843-448-2743
Address :
P O Box 1436
500 North Kings Highway 5th Avenue North
Myrtle Beach
South Carolina

We go once or twice a year, we stay at Monterey Bay Suites (montereybaysuites.com) which serves a free full breakfast. We then always hit the following restaurants : Sticky Fingers (BBQ,ribs,etc), Abuelo's (tex-mex...cheaper at lunch,big portions), Friendly's (American food and ice cream desserts), Cheeseburger in Paradise(jerk chicken wrap is divine), California Pizza at the Market Common. Sign up at each of their websites before you leave so you can print out coupons...also they have coupon booklets there at hotels(we pick them up outside Kroger or Food Lion)with discounts for Friendlys and Sticky,etc. The kids menu at Friendlys is awesome, my 16 year old eats off the "big kids" menu there. We do Mammy's Kitchen(I am 38 and my parents took me there as a baby,its a MB landmark)...for breakfast buffet on checkout day...yummy buffet with great fresh fruit....We like the aquarium,Alligator Adventure,movies,shopping,MagiQuest...going in October to Dolly Parton's new Pirates Dinner Show.

We just got back on Saturday from MB. We actually stayed in the Cherry Grove Section of North Myrtle, but went up to South Myrtle several times to eat. I second Pomodoro's. It is a little off the beaten path, but it is absolutely delicious and you get tons of food! They have a GC on Restaurant . com right now too. We also love Kings Famous Pizza in North Myrtle. It is a greek/italian place and is a must-do everytime we're in the area. We actually ate there twice this time. We ate @ Fire Island Grille & House of Blues @ Barefoot Landing and they were great as well. We also ate @ King Kong Sushi @ Broadway @ the Beach and it was wonderful.

We drove over to Calabash, NC and up to Wilmington, NC to the USS North Carolina Battleship. It was very cool and educational. Get there early though because it gets hot inside the ship.

We rent a condo in North Myrtle Beach each summer. Landry's is always a must do for us. We've always had great food and great service. Their Banana's Foster is wonderful.

We also love TBonz in Barefoot Landings. The steaks are pretty good and they have the best cheese fries.

Also if you want to go down to Murrell's Inlet there is a restaurant called Drunken Jacks that is pretty good too.

I haven't been in 10 years, but there used to be a restaurant on the pier in Surfside. It was called Nibles. Excellent service and fabulous food. Not sure if it is still there. There was also an Irish tenor who sang there on Thursdays.

Love River City Cafe for burgers and onion rings are huge. Duffys seafood shack is awsome!!! the crab dip is to die for. They have 3 locations, one at cherry grove that looks like a shack but is great, one at north myrtle beach (ocean drive) and a nicer one closer to barefoot landing area on the way toward myrtle beach. Its the best.

We live about 1 hour away. Mother-in-law lives in Garden City ( down the road ) For Pizza- California Pizza or Mellow mushroom, Mexican- Burro Loco, Seafood Benjamans buffet. Sara J's at Garden City, California Dreaming is also good if you want steaks or The Texas Road house or the Carolina Roadhouse, Hope you have a great time at our great beach.

MB is our cheap trip so we try to dine cheaply too. Instead of paying $30 a head for seafood we look for alternatives.

New China, the northern location, has several kinds of shrimp, white fish, salmon and even fried oysters. You can add crab also but we never do since crab is included in our Chinese buffets at home for $10.

There is an early bird coupon but I recommend waiting until later. Like any buffet, it is really good when they are packed and everything is nice and hot. It is in the 11-13 pp range.

Here's what I have so far. Thank you all so much. Please keep the suggestions coming. Our family is 2 adults, 12 yo DS, 4 yo DD, 1 yo DS.

We do plan to do a Dolphin tour.

Seafood Greg Norman’s Grill
Sea Captain's House
King Kong Sushi (Broadway @ the Beach)
Duffys seafood shack

Pizza California Pizza
Kings Famous Pizza (Greek/Italian)
Mellow mushroom

Italian Pomadora’s
Umberto’s

Ice Cream Friendly's

Buffet Magnolia’s
Bennetts (seafood)
Mammy's Kitchen (breakfast)
Original Benjamin's
New China

Tex/Mex Ambuleos or Abuelo's
Burro Loco

Calabash (fried) Ella’s

American Boundary House
California Dreamin
The Farm House
Friendly's (great kid’s menu)
Cheeseburger in Paradise
Fire Island Grille (Barefoot Landings)
Love River City Café

On the Waterfront Dave’s Dockside (Murrell’s Inlet)
Drunken Jacks (Murrell’s Inlet)

Steak TBonz (Barefoot Landings)

Another vote for Drunken Jack's in Murrell's Inlet. My brother lives in Myrtle Beach and he took us there this past May. Great dinner!! Overlooking the little island with the goats if you can get a window table. Loved walking the little boardwalk along Murrell's Inlet too.

I haven't been in 10 years, but there used to be a restaurant on the pier in Surfside. It was called Nibles. Excellent service and fabulous food. Not sure if it is still there. There was also an Irish tenor who sang there on Thursdays.

This is one of my all time favorite restaurants!!! :lovestruc I believe they have moved from the pier to another location but I could be wrong about that. I actually hope I am wrong because I loved the location on the pier.

Another favorite of ours is Chuck's Streakhouse:goodvibes

Terri

We love Nibils! :goodvibes It's an easy walk from where we stay in Surfside. Great food, and getting a seat near the window to watch the ocean is pretty cool too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter