Myrtle Beach Dining

Just got back on July 16th.

We did the Giant Crab - NMB...expensive buffet style food, but it was decent.
Our favorite buffet was Captain George's - by Broadway at the Beach. Really good buffet.

We also did Rioz Brazilian Steakhouse - Expensive, but our favorite place that we ate at that wasn't seafood.

Noizy Oyster - local joint and it was EXCELLENT! Huge portions, not bad on pricing if you can avoid ordering everyting that sounds good....our family did not avoid that trap and spent $120. There were 5 of us for that price, which included tip.

Dirty Dick's - Great sit down restaurant with huge portions. 2 people can easily share an entree here! There hush puppies were amazing!

Duffy Street Seafood Shack - Terrible food, horrible service, would not recommend or return!

Bubba's - surfside beach, quite a trek for this little dive, but their creek shrimp basket is wonderful and inexpensive. They also have different po boy sandwhiches which my family loved.

Must do- Mt. Atlanticus mini golf. Huge golf course that used to be 5 story mall. Wonderful place to play mini golf.

Wave Running on the intercoastal water way....had a ball doing this. Would do it again, every day of our trip.

Wonderworks Museum - Broadway at the Beach - very entertaining for my 8 y/o and 11 y/o friend that accompianed us. Worth the money if you need a day away from the beach.

Would love to have done the murder mystery dinner at the house of blues at Barefoot Landing.

Enjoyed Dick's Last Resort restaurant at Barefoot Landing in the past (must have sense of humor, though)

The absolute must do is the Pirate's Voyage, which used to be the Dixie Stampede. It is owned by Dolly Parton. Dinner show tickets are $55 for adults and $30 for kids. Food is okay, but plentiful, but the show is AMAZING.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to pm me.

We stayed in NMB at the Avista Resort.

Ultimate California Pizza!!!- we get this when we arrive & depart every MB trip- rosemary wheat crust Moon Doggie is my fave & they have a pb&j pizza for the kids. My kids and hubby would protest if I broke this tradition.

House of Blues & Hard Rock Cafe- awesome atmosphere, good $$ food. Mixed drinks at Hard Rock WELL worth the $$. Hard Rock waitress took kids on a tour.

Margaritaville & Planet Hollywood- awesome atmosphere, ok food, kids loved both. They have bathroom attendants at Planet Hollywood, omg my dd kept going to the bathroom once she found out they let you use lotions and stuff at counter. Hilarious they want to you to tip to potty.

Dead Dog Saloon- Murrells Inlet- go around 7-8 at night- live music, outdoor seating.

Sea Captain House- breakfast buffet. Decent price, oceanfront dining, really good filling and healthy options.

Dicks- your 12 year old will probably love it, they are rude on purpose, throw napkins at you, and everyone gets a paper hat with a funny comment. My ds LOVES it here, he gives the waiters a run for their $$.

Joes Crab Shack- pricey, but the shrimp with old bay is yummy & the kids like feeding the ducks outside. The waitresses do line dances like the Cupid Shuffle and get the kids involved.

River Cafe or something- average burgers, really good fries, basic outdoor picnic style seating.

Medieval Times- great show, they have coupon deals online sometimes. It's an eat with your hands kind of meal. The $24 goblet has like 4 full sized mixed drinks and refills $13. I was sloshy going back to the resort. My dd got a sash and a rose since we were front row. I couldn't afford it frequently, but worth checking out at least once.

Avoid the Ihop, it sucks. We go a couple times a year to MB and we frequent the same places over and over. Have fun!

Garden City south of MB Gulf Stream absolutely best food, prices - early bird - and view right on intercoastal waterway - Also like Sara Js. We also go to Murrels Inlet - been going to Lees Kitchen for 40+ years - Also local hangout in MI with buffet is Processors for great low country cooking. If love crab legs - best place is Crabby Mikes.

Rioz has certificates on restaurant.com. There is also a brazilian bakery you can sering in to get fresh beads and pastries for your hotel room. Second Crabby Mikes.

Wow, we just returned from the Avista Resort on July 23rd. So sad!!!! I would love to go back. We did breakfast in our condo every day. We got GC from restaurant.com and did House of Blues (OK), Fire Island Grille (good), the rstaurant "Just off Main" in Avista Resort. We also did Captain George's buffet(Better than expected), Planet Hollywood for lunch. We had a ball, kids loved it down there.

Been going to MYB for 47 years. Practically grew up there.:goodvibes Hands down, the two best seafood restaurants on the Strand are Lee's Inlet Kitchen at Murrell's Inlet and Chesapeake House toward N. Myrtle. Chesapeake has coupons on its web site. Get a table near the window and look for the resident alligator that lives in the pond out back. We used to frequent Drunken Jacks, but the quality seems to have slipped. Sea Captain's is good, too, and has a nice atmosphere.

Brookgreen Gardens is doing a special this year. Thurs- Sat. they stay open later. Each night is something different - Thursday - theater group performs, 1 night concert and another is kids night. There is an animal exhibit that my son loved and a new butterfly exhibit - lots of sculptures in the gardens. It was nice to go in the evening - Also your tickets are good for 7 days. I wanted to do the river tour but my Dad was to tired.

Agree with Chesapeake House. Love it and there is an alligator in the pond behind the restaurant.

We like Benjamins for buffet and we also like Cagney's, Cheeseburger in Paradise and River City Grill and Margaritaville. We used to go to Key West Grill at Broadway a lot, but had a bad experience. We went this past June and the service was terrific and the food was great! Try to go on the fireworks night - I think it is Mon. or Tues. - sit on the deck and you will have a perfect view.

We enjoy spending time at Broadway and Barefoot and shopping at the outlets. Last time, my nephews rented jet skis and they said it was the most fun thing they have ever done. Our son is 4, so we haven't done anything that big with him yet.

If your kids like to ride rides like our son, try Family Kingdom. They have an all day price. The rides at Broadway are expensive!

Several years ago, I took my nephew on a dolphin cruise with Bluewater Adventures out of Capt. Dick's at Murrell's Inlet and it was terrific.

There is a new Pirate's Adventure which used to be Dixie Stampede. We have not been, but some friends went and the kids had a ball.

The South Carolina Hall of Fame is at the Sheraton/Convention Center and it is interesting.

If you like the kind of thing, there are also some flea markets around.

We go to Myrtle twice yearly and are always looking for different things to do.

Nibel's has moved from the Surside Pier to downtown Myrtle Beach. Still has great food but it's just not the same.

The Original Benjamin's for seafood...make sure it is this one. There is one called Benjamin's that is not the same.
We also love Sticky Finger's. They have great smoked meat and several varieties of BBQ sauce on the table. They also have great side dishes and desserts.

I just wanted to mention something because I've seen several people recommend Dick's Last Resort. This has been a must do for us for years. We enjyo the "attitude" of the servers and always get a good laugh. We enjoy the ribs and the funny hats.

We've always had servers that kept it family friendly or at least the jokes went over the kids heads for the most part. On our last trip our server used foul language several times at our table and at the tables he was serving around us. All of which had children under 16 at them. My mom's hat had a curse word written on it and I really didn't enjoy having to try to come up with a meaning for my 8 year old regarding prison sex.

Don't get me wrong we know going in that they are going to put stuff on the hats that have references to things but it is usually vague enough that the kids don't get it. Not this time. We always go early when there are lots of families there and we have never had a problem in the past.

Needless to say we were very disappointed this time. I'm hoping it was just our server. We will try again next year but my parents have said they won't go back again.

Our favorites at Myrtle Beach are Rioz Brazilian steakhouse (they are pricey [although Brazilian steakhouses generally are] but you can find coupons or promotions going on online) and Liberty Brewery (and Grill, I believe?) at Broadway at the Beach. We loved their homemade root beer and their special of the day was meatball subs which were really good. Other places that are decent are House of Blues and Margaritaville. We hated Dick's Last Resort (it was my parent's idea, I don't enjoy places like that and didn't enjoy the things that were written on the hats).

We were just at Drunken Jack's on wednesday. It is the one big (pricey) dinner we do all week. The filet was $25.99 and cooked perfectly-just melted. My DH had the mahi mahi and said it was ok, also mid-20s. Our friend had the crab legs which huge and she waits all year to get them here. They are market price which in past years has run $40,this week it was $60 and she still said worth every bite. Nice salad bar and honey butter on the hush puppies yum!

We also ordered from Chicago Pizza one night. Otherwise we frequent the grocery store & cook at the rental house to save: 4 adults & 7 kids would be budget breaking to go out more often.

Another vote for Sea Captain's house!
No one has mentioned Hamburger Joe's, that's one of my favorites. :goodvibes

Another heads up about Dick's Last Resort, all of the hats everyone is talking about are giant condoms made out of white paper..I'd say 9 out of 10 times whatever's written on them is sexual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter