mypoints cancelled account

twooley2

DIS Veteran
Is anyone having problems with mypoints cancelling their account for no known reason. I tried to click an email they sent me moments ago and it says my account is closed for a violaton of terms but I havent done anything. Havent even referred anyone nonetheless.:confused3

Yep, DH's account and mine were both closed within the last day or two. We both emailed. DH received a response but I haven't yet.

If you emailed, you can expect to receive something like this:

Dear Member: It has been brought to our attention that your point-earning activities are in violation of our Terms of Service. Although MyPoints encourages Members to actively participate in offers, we have a strict policy that you take advantage of offers legitimately presented to you via the MyPoints (R) Program. Please do review the relevant portions extracted from our Terms of Service provided for your convenience below. Accruing Points in a manner inconsistent with the Terms of Service is an abuse of our program. In your case, we have decided to exercise the right to terminate your MyPoints membership, resulting in the forfeiture of your Points. Please be advised that you are hereby banned from the MyPoints Program, and any attempt on your part to enroll again may result in further action on our part. MyPoints(r) membership and its right to use is limited to one individual per account. MyPoints.com allows only one email address per Member. Member agrees to provide only true and accurate information to MyPoints(r) (including to its advertisers and partners) at all times. Member agrees not to abuse MyPoints(r) privileges by conduct which is detrimental to the interests of MyPoints.com, including without limitation attempting to accrue Points or spend Points in a manner inconsistent with the rules of MyPoints(r) or intent of this Agreement, having multiple accounts, attempting to earn Points through other than legitimate channels, participating in purchasing or redemption fraud, or tampering with MyPoints(r) award links, etc. MyPoints.com reserves the right to terminate or disable any membership if MyPoints.com believes such Member has violated or acted inconsistently with the rules of MyPoints(r) or intent of this Agreement. Member understands and agrees disabling of membership will result in Member's inability to redeem and/or earn Points. Member understands and agrees termination of membership will result in the cancellation of all of Member's Points. MyPoints.com shall be the sole determiner in cases of suspected abuse, fraud, or violation of its rules and any decision it makes relating to termination of membership (including cancellation of Points) shall be final and binding. Sincerely, MyPoints.com

How's that for customer service! Clear as mud.:headache:

wow that stinks especially since I do not do anything but shop and click on their emails. Well glad I turned in most of my points and got my gift cards last week. I think its kind of wrong. Maybe they are running into economic hardships too.

Yes both mine and DH's were canceled as well...and I am on a paid click site and several people there got theirs canceld as well. Form what we can tell (one girl called them) when we do paid offers, alot of times one of the offers is Mypoints and they send you an email welcoming you...even if you didn't hit anything that says my points in the offer...well mypoints is considering that as opening new accounts. Even though you have never confirmed it. The girl said they told her she had 180 opened accounts. the thing is DH doesn;t do those offers, so I have no idea why his would be closed too.
What makes me mad is I had over 3000 points saved since X-mas, and I think DH had around 2000. All gone!

Ours were both closed also and I would always check no to the mypoints sign up offer on the other sites.. This pissed me off. I have been a member for 10 years

Ours were both closed also and I would always check no to the mypoints sign up offer on the other sites.. This pissed me off. I have been a member for 10 years

Same thing here ... I never checked 'yes' for mypoints when doing offers elsewhere. They must not want anyone doing offers anywhere else. Just not right. :confused3

What ticks me off even more is their attitude about it. My husband and I each emailed a response back to the standard email they sent us that I posted above asking for an explanation pertaining specifically to our accounts from a real person instead of a standard email that they send to all people who inquire. I even explained that I think there must be some sort of glitch with their advertising methods which is signing people up for extra accounts without their consent. However, after being a member for all these years without any issues, they couldn't even give me the courtesy of looking into the issue and instead sent back another standard response that they send out to everyone who questions account closures a second time. My husband doesn't even do any other programs so I don't see how he could possibly have more than one account, however, my husband and I each received this response.

Dear Member:

Please see the following excerpts from our Terms of Service:

MyPoints.com allows only one email address per Member.

Member agrees not to abuse MyPoints(r) privileges by conduct which is detrimental to the interests of MyPoints.com.

MyPoints.com reserves the right to terminate or disable any membership if MyPoints.com believes such Member has violated or acted inconsistently with the rules of MyPoints(r) or intent of this Agreement.

No accounts will be reactivated. Any new accounts created will be terminated.

This is our final comment on this matter.

Sincerely,

MyPoints MOPS Team

I got the same response too and emailed them back AGAIN and said that is the same answer I already got and want a specific answer. I am so mad!

here is the number to call, but from what I hear they are not very nice on the phone either....1-888-262-4528 or 415-829-6122

I really don't know much about sunshie, other than I have heard people complain alot about them here. Is it like Mypoints? What I like about mypoints is very little work involved. The emails come I click and earn points. I don;t do alot of shopping, so I didn't get many points that way.

I wish I could complain about them but I can't. I rave about them. They are so user friendly so willing to help so great. I love using them. I have been a member there for several years, never had a complaint, and made well over $2000. I am not the only one on here that will tell you the same.

So do they send emails like mypoints? I am already on a offer site that I like, so I do all the offers there. And like I said, I don't do alot of shopping, so I won't earn points/money that way either.

WOW! I have 8400 points on Mypoints, maybe I should cash out just in case they try to cancel my account too

I would. Especially if you do any other kind of offer/ paid click site. Someone I was talking to thinks they have new "equipment" and have been checking IP's and such, and if it's repeated, they are canceling. Of course, sine they won't respond to me...who knows.

I glad someone post this. I was trying to save up for a big reward. But I decide to cash out just case my account get cancel. I do offers to. I just want to be on the safe side.

Yep, I just checked and my account was cancelled with that exact same reasoning, too. I just started up with simplegpt in the last couple of weeks and I noticed I was getting a lot of mypoints emails with that. It's kind of annoying because I did a lot of online shopping before christmas and went thru mypoints for the credits. I didn't have a lot but I know I had enough for a $10 gift card at least. How rude!!

Yep, I just checked and my account was cancelled with that exact same reasoning, too. I just started up with simplegpt in the last couple of weeks and I noticed I was getting a lot of mypoints emails with that. It's kind of annoying because I did a lot of online shopping before christmas and went thru mypoints for the credits. I didn't have a lot but I know I had enough for a $10 gift card at least. How rude!!

You are right ... it is rude. That's why I'm staying only with my two favorites (simplegpt and fairytaletreasure.com). Both have low minimums and pay instantly. No worries about losing money after all that hard work.

Same exact thing happened to me. And, I never clicked on any MyPoints in the offers. I got alot of emails though, but never clicked the link to verify. My guess is sometimes they aren't worded in the midst of offers specifically as MyPoints.

I think some of those that just ask "Would you like more info on earning blah blah by doing blah blah" will do it. So bogus because I only said yes to receive more info. If they had just been honest and not some sort of bait question and just said do you want to join MyPoints I would have checked off No.

Off to do some shopping on SR, I have a back child support check burning a hole in my pocket :laughing: (Not really going nuts, just getting dd some things promised we'd get when it was received, that we consider "splurges").

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter