My son brought tears to my eyes, and Dad's

;) I love it...once Mickey's magic is in your heart, some part of it stays there forever. My parents are going with us is 2 1/2 weeks. It will be their first stay in a Deluxe resort and MNSSHP. I can't wait. It is cool being able to ride EE at 42 with your Dad who is 73 and loves it. I have to watch my Mama 68 as she walks because she is looking up and out at everything--she was talking about seeing Divine again at lunch today. She told a friend about her and they looked her up on a recent trip. Friend thought she was incredible.

My parents could not afford a trip to Disney when my brother and I were growing up. I can remember asking but they explained why we couldn't and I understood. Instead they were saving money for college for my brother and I. I am a nurse and my brother a Nurse Practioner. So now DH and I have DVC and I love sharing every minute of that with them and DH's Mom. It is a small thing but just knowing that I can provide them with a studio looking out over a svanna of animals is wonderful. After all if it weren't for them--I wouldn't be able to do that at all.

yes, my parents are going with us in november and they are 75 & 77 and i am so excited for them. they are in good health but we will have to go a little slower. i remember they went with us about 6yrs ago and daddy rode TOT and then RNRC back to back and he turned a shade of green!! mama enjoys the shows and the little boat rides.

Dh and I were just having this conversation last night. Our kids also get sad and teary when we leave - especially MK (we've actually decided that MK should NOT be our last park of the trip when we go because it's hardest on the heart when we have to leave.)

We were talking about how next time we go, they'll be 7 and 11 - and how we missed having them be "little" at Disney. However, we came to the conclusion that as much as our kids LOVE Disney, even as tweens/teens, they'll always believe in the magic. We figure that we're just a Disney family - we love it, our kids love it and someday, they'll even be bringing THEIR kids to Disney. We can just tell.

Thanks for the great story!

It all depends of the person. My son starting at age 17 did not ever want to go to disney world anymore. (I go without him now) :sad2:

My 18 year old DD loves Disney. She has told us even when she moves out of the house she better still be included in our trips and we better not try to take trips while she is away at college.

I think it would upset me if her and her sister no longer loved Disney.

When we took our DGS to WDW with us in 2010, he LOVED the Kim Possible Adventures...he was 10. When we took him this past Spring, at the ripe old age of 11, he decided that he was "too old" for the Kim Possible Adventures, and had no interest at all. I was dismayed and a bit sad, that he had "grown up" in one year, at least with respect to not wanting to do something he had done a mere 13 months earlier...go figure.

But as many posters are saying, as children get older, their fascination with characters may fade, but that is replaced by other interests.

Once the Disney Magic takes a place in your heart, it is there forever...don't worry !!

If he's already self-aware at age 11 about his appreciation for Disney, there's a good chance he'll still be able to appreciate it as he gets older and, invariably, more cynical. It's pretty cool that he is able to recognize that children view the world through different eyes without that realization hampering the experience.

If he's feeling that Disney magic now, who knows? He may grow up loving it just the same. My oldest son is 19 now. We went when he was very little, and then not again until he was 18. He still loved every moment of it! I was so happy. But he refuses to pin trade with us!! :lmao: My husband and my DD21, however, love it. I also have my DS5 loving Disney too!!

I don't think age will diminish his love for Disney.

My DH is 50 and I think he loves it more than I do. I can't keep up with him at the parks and when I say "let's call it a day"...on evening EMH, he tries to get me to go on another ride...:confused3

So last Wednesday we were at The Magic Kingdom, all day and night
Got there at Rope Drop, having an amazing day. We had just had our family picture taken in front of the castle, and my ds 11, says "I'm sad"
I ask "How come?" He replies, "Because this is the last time I will be here at Disney World at this age" Wow! He gets it! My Dh had to put his sunglasses on :goodvibes
We usually go every 2-3 years, so next time he will be a teen, this is bittersweet for me. Will it still be the same for him? He was so excited to get hugs from Buzz and Woody that day. I know things will change, but I want him to always "get" the Disney Magic

We have been going to either WDW or DL since our son was 2. He's 16 now and still loves going. He doesn't do the character meet and greets any longer, but he still enjoys the trip. In fact, it is he and I that get excited about the trips. If it was up to my DW we would spend our vacations elsewhere.

DD is 32 now....went to Disney for the first time at 9 months.....still loves going with us.....went last year on her honeymoon....and went with us this past September.....once they get it in there heart they are hooked for life....and I am happy that DW and I got her hooked.

What a sweet little boy. While he may not be super excited with the characters in the future, he may grow to appreciate different aspects of Disney. The meanings of the windows, signs in windows, hidden imagineer signatures, etc. It sounds like you may have created a Disney fan for life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter