My Mother

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by prettypatchesmsu, Apr 15, 2018.

1. prettypatchesmsu

prettypatchesmsu DIS Veteran

I apologize for dropping off of the boards after our returning from our trip in November. I was blindsided by my Mother getting diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer the week after my husband and I came home from Disney. She had not even been sick. She passed away in January. I’ve been devastated. I still am. I’m in shock, denial, depression, and I’m angry. I don’t know how to more forward without her in my life. I’m coping the best I can, still have some bad days and moments that hit me. Everyone says it gets easier but that still seems impossible at this point. It feels sometimes more like I’m waiting on her to call after her being away, not “forever.” Having trouble wrapping my brain around that concept. I guess a piece of my heart is gone. That’s the only way I can explain it.

My Mom loved Disney and Walt Disney World. My love of it all is tangled up with her. My husband and I had booked a Free Dining Bounceback when we were down there. But I’m having a hard time getting excited about going. I want to go as I love it, but don’t know how I’ll handle it at the same time.

On top of all that, we haven’t been 100% sure we won’t be cancelling as my job is talking about letting people go because of budgeting problems. I don’t think it will be me, but it could be. They will be cutting some jobs for sure. So I’ve had that stress every day too with all the grief.

This year has totally sucked.

2. tink1970

tink1970 DCL Platinum

I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for peace for you and your family.

prettypatchesmsu likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. wdwfanX4

wdwfanX4 Disney Loving Momma DVC Gold

So sorry for your loss.

5. Dan Murphy

Dan Murphy We are family.

My condolences, to you and your family. God speed for you mom.

When the time is right, you'll be back at Disney, celebrating mom's life and holding many memories dear to you. Your mom sounds like she was a wonderful lady. :hug:'s

6. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

Sorry for your loss. :hug:
    Hopefully your job will be okay! :goodvibes

7. a742246

a742246 And, and, and I caught a fish this big!

Sorry for your loss. Just remember this, as long as you have memories of her she will always be with you.

8. MommaBerd

MommaBerd DIS Veteran

So very sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself and allow yourself time to grieve and to grieve - and heal - in your own personal way. I lost my father three years ago, and grief still sneaks up on me and brings me to tears.

It will probably be very difficult to go back to WDW the first time, and I think you should plan for that. And, I would suggest planning an activity that both honors the memories you have with your mom and celebrates her as well. Maybe you had a traditional “first ride” or “first meal” or favorite song...embrace that and celebrate the memories, even through your tears.

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through this.