My MDE is overloaded; IT wants to create 2nd account and transfer only current items.

I have a lot of trips to WDW and a lot of MBs, I have deactivated some just because I got tired of having so many laying around my house and threw them away. I do go twice a year and do split stays every trip for the last 3 years at least. I don't make reservations and cancel them, I do change them but don't cancel them. I do make ADRs but I've never made one and cancelled. I do make FPs but rarely make 3 a day, I do cancel them a lot. I have had the same work email for 28 years, the same personal email for about 10. I do have another email account but frankly, I don't even remember how to access it. So far I haven't had any problems with MDE, I did change my email about 6 years ago because I used to use my work email and now I use my personal one so maybe that helped.

I have a lot of trips to WDW and a lot of MBs, I have deactivated some just because I got tired of having so many laying around my house and threw them away. I do go twice a year and do split stays every trip for the last 3 years at least. I don't make reservations and cancel them, I do change them but don't cancel them. I do make ADRs but I've never made one and cancelled. I do make FPs but rarely make 3 a day, I do cancel them a lot. I have had the same work email for 28 years, the same personal email for about 10. I do have another email account but frankly, I don't even remember how to access it. So far I haven't had any problems with MDE, I did change my email about 6 years ago because I used to use my work email and now I use my personal one so maybe that helped.

Same here, lots of trips, lots of bands, no problems with MDE. But I'm a little scared to say so, in case it jinxes me and I have to set up a whole new account next week! :laughing:

Yes, I'm using 1 an email account that is over 10 years old (personal) and 1 that is 20 years old (work). Both work just fine. Those are the only 2 I have, other than the 1 I made just for Disney. Can't see why it's not a good idea. Spam filters are wonders. Mine get none in either one. Try one if you don't use one.

As for online ordering. That's the only way I shop, aside for grocery. I never go to the retail stores any more. Don't have many issues with crashing at all. Not once a week like with Disney. Never once had a company take money more than once. knocking on wood as I type ;)

As to my job, it's very tech oriented. Your computers wouldn't be talking to any other computers in your place of work without what my company does. Well, maybe not my specific company but the line of work at my company. I've been working in the computer field since the days of 8" disks and before Windows. I'm old.
I, too, have a personal email acct that is about 20 years old, and an alum email account I *never* use (don’t even recall the password). No problems here.

Over 30. 30+ seems to be the magic number. Or thereabouts. I honestly didn't count the exact number and as others have said, it's not strictly MB that are at fault but that seems to be the final straw that broke things, when they reached that 30+ number. Combined with lots of resort stays, lots of FP, lots of ADR, etc.

And yeah, really, really subpar. Bad, bad planning to not see it coming
Is it 30 for one person? Or to managed accounts (my husband’s MDE manages our four kids’) also count?

Well, this is all sorts of disturbing. No issues for me yet... but I've been a passholder since the early 90s: I can't even imagine how much data that adds up to in my history. And a bunch of pre-MDE expired/used party tickets, APs, and room key cards somehow migrated over to MDE when it came to be. They're all still sitting in there, along with the gazillion MBs that accumulated before they allowed us to decline them. I've only once had a MB fail at a room door and the front desk CM tried to tell me it was because I had too many MBs on file... I told her I'd be happy to delete them if only that were an option... and she asked me to visit the front desk during my vacation and they could do it for me - it would "only take an hour or so." Uh, yeah... NO. Thanks. Hope they figure out a better solution to this before it dings me!

I ran into the same issue this week. Went in to MDE to order MB's for our late-April trip and was confused because the option wasn't there anymore. I called Disney IT and after 45 minutes on the phone with them, they told me they would fix it on their end but did not have an ETA and to just keep logging in every few days to see if the fix had been made.

We are AP's who go 5-6 times per year, each of those trips being a split stay. So yeah, we have a lot of MB's and I always inactivate them after a trip. We get fresh MB's for each visit so I would not be surprised if we had reached the 30 MB limit.

Now thanks to the DIS, I know I will need to create a new email. But I'm a bit nervous about transferring my existing reservations (I made several reservations for the rest of the year prior to the 3/21 free parking cutoff), FP's for April, and tickets (we have non-expiring tix on MDE in addition to the AP's). @AngiTN, did you run into any issues with the transfer of existing reservations, FP, or tickets on your account? I'm thinking I should wait til after our April trip, but I'm kind of worried if I don't deal with it now it will cause issues when we use our FP's. Ugh, so frustrating!

This is all very interesting. I just called Disney yesterday because I wasn’t able to order Magicbands for my upcoming trip, and I was receiving an error message saying they couldn’t load all of my data. The first thing the representative asked me was if I minded if she deleted all of the inactive magicbands and cards on my account. She did it and they are no longer showing in my account. This contradicts what others are being told.

This is all very interesting. I just called Disney yesterday because I wasn’t able to order Magicbands for my upcoming trip, and I was receiving an error message saying they couldn’t load all of my data. The first thing the representative asked me was if I minded if she deleted all of the inactive magicbands and cards on my account. She did it and they are no longer showing in my account. This contradicts what others are being told.

Not completely - I have already done the "completely delete inactive magic bands" step and I was ok for a while but eventually as I mentioned up thread I started having issues with only 1-3 bands each. I can't see AP discounts, change a reservation or see any of my magic bands at all and as of today I can no longer make ADR's.

Ugh it wasn't that important just a lunch for 2 of us next week so I am going to just play it by ear that day instead. When we return I will probably have to make my new account but right now I have too much to risk with a week + long split stay including lots of friends and relatives for my mother in laws 85th. One more ADR isn't worth it :)

The nice thing about an ADR is you can make those in any name, as long as you get the number right and you can tell them the name is made in. So use any email you can in another MDE if your need to

The nice thing about an ADR is you can make those in any name, as long as you get the number right and you can tell them the name is made in. So use any email you can in another MDE if your need to

Oh good idea, I can uses my dd's account to look/make the adr :) I was just so frustrated I gave up!

Everyone has their individual, proverbial, final straw. Some may be a new email account.
I was really annoyed when I had to do it and complained to them mightily when I did it
, it was not enough to make me give up going and I thought, well, it would be a very silly reason if someone asked me, why did you suddenly stop going to Disney and I said, because they made me get a new email account. I'm sure someone would look at me like I had 2 heads. So I opened a new email account, which gmail makes super easy. Disney is the only one who has that email account (so if something ever happens with it, guess who I'll know sold or otherwise compromised it?). And gmail made it really easy to just forward all that mail right to my regular account. So, my daily email use has not changed one bit. And really, that's all that mattered to me in the end.
So despite my kicking and screaming fit about having to do it, I decided it was a silly final battle to take on. I'll live on to fight another day and my final straw is yet to come.

I know it sounds silly to think someone might not go over this issue. And if it comes to it, i can’t say exactly what I will do if this comes up for me. I might start booking in my DH’s name with our ancient aol account that is linked to Disney in his name. Or I might not. I can’t say til it happens to me.

But here’s the thing: I have 1 street address for 34 years, 1 phone number for 34 years & 1 email address for about 15 years. When I do business with a company, those are the contacts I give them. Can you imagine any other company saying “sorry, we’ve reached the maximum number of times we can put your phone number / address / email into our system. You’ll have to give us a new phone number/ address/ email to do business with us.” ??? I can’t. I would tell that business “this is my phone number, if you want my business, figure out how to make it work.” No way would I be changing my contacts to do business with anyone. Disney is no different from any other company, except that they make us use email to get the full theme park experience. It is on them to figure out how to make their system work, not me.

If my vacation experience suffers because they can’t use my contact info, then I will have to determine if vacationing there has lost it’s value to me. But to me, when I break it down as I did above, this is just a poor, shoddy way of doing business.

I know it sounds silly to think someone might not go over this issue. And if it comes to it, i can’t say exactly what I will do if this comes up for me. I might start booking in my DH’s name with our ancient aol account that is linked to Disney in his name. Or I might not. I can’t say til it happens to me.

But here’s the thing: I have 1 street address for 34 years, 1 phone number for 34 years & 1 email address for about 15 years. When I do business with a company, those are the contacts I give them. Can you imagine any other company saying “sorry, we’ve reached the maximum number of times we can put your phone number / address / email into our system. You’ll have to give us a new phone number/ address/ email to do business with us.” ??? I can’t. I would tell that business “this is my phone number, if you want my business, figure out how to make it work.” No way would I be changing my contacts to do business with anyone. Disney is no different from any other company, except that they make us use email to get the full theme park experience. It is on them to figure out how to make their system work, not me.

If my vacation experience suffers because they can’t use my contact info, then I will have to determine if vacationing there has lost it’s value to me. But to me, when I break it down as I did above, this is just a poor, shoddy way of doing business.
Beautifully stated. Exactly how I feel. I’m a Disney superfan—about forty nights on site per year since the nineties. This is my breaking point. Not my problem. Disney will have to fix this or I will go elsewhere.

Yes - that's was I was told, every reservation (resort and dining) you have ever made even if it was changed or canceled!
I have changed so many reservations, my history must be overwhelmingly confusing lol

From my perspective, the fact that this MDE problem can be resolved by just deleting the old account and opening a new one is brilliant. I wish all IT problems were so easily and painlessly dealt with!
Non IT person here, wondering if long term that is only going to make things worse. It seems like a short term band aid.

As someone who works with this kind of data, albeit in another industry, they won't delete it - because that provides them client intelligence and metrics. They can - but won't. It's far too valuable.
Makes sense, maybe a way to like compress retired data or something on an account? IDK obviously lol, just thinking out loud.

I'd pay the upsell for 'concierge' (expert) IT assistance on this, to be sure it was done correctly. Or a larger memory 'deluxe' MDE account. :)
Nooooo... the rule is never ever give them ideas on how to charge us more lol

Do you think making FPs for other people bog down the account as much? Glad I declined my AP band but thinking I need to decline more often than I do (which is never)

Beautifully stated. Exactly how I feel. I’m a Disney superfan—about forty nights on site per year since the nineties. This is my breaking point. Not my problem. Disney will have to fix this or I will go elsewhere.

Thank you. I don’t stay as many nights as you do. But we have been going since 1993, usually staying anywhere from 10 - 25 nights over 2 or 3 trips per year. I’m sure you & I will hear that there are 10 people waiting to take our place if we stop going. But will those 10 people buy annual passes, book GF Royal Palm Club & YC club level rooms, book dessert & holiday parties, take the paid tours & eat at 2 sit down restaurants per day like I do?? I bet not. I hope Disney figures this out or yea, they might just lose a good customer.

I don't think focusing on staying under 30+/- MBs is worth the effort (it won't save your MDE from overloading). I suspect the people (like me) who have dozens of MBs also have far more ADRs, FPs, tickets, and at least same # of resort ressies.

So it might be some ballpark of 30 MBs, but only because that = x number of all items for (say) 15 trips.

KWIM? I suspect almost no one has 30 MBs and nothing else (you could if you just buy them for fun I guess, and link to an MDE and never do a FP or get a park ticket).

FWIW I don't have 30 MBs per person, but we do have ALOT of everything, for sure.

Reading this, I am surprised my MDE has not blown up yet. "only 2-3" trips a year, but almost always split stays, changing resort reservations, changing FP+. We did start declining magic bands, I use a couple that I purchased for the most part. My husband and son do not have their own MDE, so I do all theirs on mine. Plus connected to friends.

I hate the ghosts that I wish would go away, like my kids exes, etc.

Disney IT is hilarious, have you ever looked at order history on Disneystore.com? Now Shop Disney. It has EVERY order you EVER made on the website.

Our account is also hobbling along. We are DVC/AP, do split stays, take friends, and have several trips booked this year. Before we went in February, I was able to call in and they "fixed" my account so I could see my reservations and order magic bands. Now, I can only see some of my reservations. The only issue we had with our account in February was when we tried to check into BCV and our bands didn't work. When I called to the front desk, I was told we had "too many magicbands" on our account. I had to take our 4 magicbands to the front desk where they took them to the back and preformed some magic on them so they would work. I really don't want to have to call and create a new MDE account!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter