• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My little mans big adventure PTR

Don't worry about chef Mickey does 11 include children in highchairs? If so you can just have the high chair on the end instead of taking up a place at the table.

We requested a sky cot we got the bulk head seats but never used the sky cot. It was great to have the extra room though. On the way out DH was sat on the other side of the aisle but after take off the 3 seats next to me were still empty so he moved over and we spread out. On the way home he was on the seat next to me.

Love that he is having his first hai cut at Disney very special. X

tinks_1989 said:
Don't worry about chef Mickey does 11 include children in highchairs? If so you can just have the high chair on the end instead of taking up a place at the table.

We requested a sky cot we got the bulk head seats but never used the sky cot. It was great to have the extra room though. On the way out DH was sat on the other side of the aisle but after take off the 3 seats next to me were still empty so he moved over and we spread out. On the way home he was on the seat next to me.

Love that he is having his first hai cut at Disney very special. X

When I rang WDW I advised them that we would need 2 highchairs in our group of 11 so they are aware of this. I hope that would work, I would hate for him to have to miss out. I was looking at changing to another character meal instead but it would have to include Mickey Minnie and Donald so I'm limited to Chef Mickey or Tusker House. If we were to change to TH on our only AK day then I wouldnt know what to do. My parents dont want a super early breakfast before park opening and we want to first in line at the safari so Id be afraid to book an early ADR. Hmmm, must think about it!

Thanks for the tip on the skycot. I'd deffo keep the request if it was just the 3 of us but I know DS would like to be near his Nana so we'll stay seated together for now ;)

I know - I cant wait for his first haircut! It might be my imagination but his hair seems to be growing longer since I booked the haircut lol!!

When I rang WDW I advised them that we would need 2 highchairs in our group of 11 so they are aware of this. I hope that would work, I would hate for him to have to miss out. I was looking at changing to another character meal instead but it would have to include Mickey Minnie and Donald so I'm limited to Chef Mickey or Tusker House. If we were to change to TH on our only AK day then I wouldnt know what to do. My parents dont want a super early breakfast before park opening and we want to first in line at the safari so Id be afraid to book an early ADR. Hmmm, must think about it!

Thanks for the tip on the skycot. I'd deffo keep the request if it was just the 3 of us but I know DS would like to be near his Nana so we'll stay seated together for now ;)

I know - I cant wait for his first haircut! It might be my imagination but his hair seems to be growing longer since I booked the haircut lol!!

Tusker house is AMAZING! My favourite restaurant of the our trip. We ate at 9.25. Leave pushchair at restaurant then get on the safari get a fast pass then have breakfast then use the fast pass perfect :)

I don't think they would turn away 11 of you that's ones hell of a tip for the server.

tinks_1989 said:
Tusker house is AMAZING! My favourite restaurant of the our trip. We ate at 9.25. Leave pushchair at restaurant then get on the safari get a fast pass then have breakfast then use the fast pass perfect :)

I don't think they would turn away 11 of you that's ones hell of a tip for the server.

Hmmm I must see if TH has availability for 12 for the day we're doing AK! I like the look of it. I presume its similar enough to Chef Mickeys for food - my dad and DH can be very fussy about food. Not the most adventurous of eaters!!

ESTAs done for all 12 of us (that took me AGES!)
Transport to the airport sorted.
Money lodged into bank to buy park tickets this weekend!
Clothes washed and ironed and waiting - I might be getting a tad ahead of myself lol!
Now to figure out what to do with the dog while we're away!! And must book an eye test as I need new contacts before I go. And I must order photopass when I think of it. Getting through my TO DO list slowly but surely! 44 more sleeps!!!

One step closer every time you cross something off the list! 44days will fly by...I'm hoping so too!

MrsTigger said:
One step closer every time you cross something off the list! 44days will fly by...I'm hoping so too!

I just love putting ticks on my list! Another tick tonight - ordered our WDW tickets from Undercover Tourist. Should arrive within 12 working days - the estimation is 9th April. I'll be ordering the USO and SW tickets tomorrow as my card seems to have a daily limit! Boo lol!
Hopefully the time will fly in for us! Seems to be a few of hs travelling in May :goodvibes

I just love putting ticks on my list! Another tick tonight - ordered our WDW tickets from Undercover Tourist. Should arrive within 12 working days - the estimation is 9th April. I'll be ordering the USO and SW tickets tomorrow as my card seems to have a daily limit! Boo lol!
Hopefully the time will fly in for us! Seems to be a few of hs travelling in May :goodvibes

I'm sooooo excited, I think I'm obsessed at the moment all I talk about it the holiday! I've not been in may before so fingers crossed its nice and warm!

MrsTigger said:
I'm sooooo excited, I think I'm obsessed at the moment all I talk about it the holiday! I've not been in may before so fingers crossed its nice and warm!

Hee hee, I'm constantly talking about it too. Think poor DH is drove mad bless him!! I know I'm doing it but just cant help myself lol. We were there in May 2011 for our honeymoon and the weather was lovely. This time we were going to go either May or Sept/Oct to see MNSSHP but May won for two reasons:
1. Its sooner lol! And
2. We want to have another baby after we get back so waiting until Oct to even start thinking about it was too far away for me ;)

Bought USO and SW tickets today. Another tick woohooooo :goodvibes Also bought a one piece bathing suit, not feeling the love for bikinis since having DS so went with a nice one piece. And bought a few bits for DS. Also contacted a seller on Etsy about really cool personalised t-shirts for DS so really hoping the price isnt too steep when she replies! Next on my list is to sort out accommodations for our dog Sam :)

Sounds like you have got loads done. I also can't stop talking or thinking about our trip. Luckily now we are just over 6 weeks away DH doesn't mind my excessive talking about it. I am in awe of anyone who can keep a disney trip a secret from their kids, I wouldn't last five minutes!

We also have to sort out our doggie accommodation. Normally the dogs stay with my parents when we go away but they are coming with us on this trip (my parents that is!). I almost had a heart attack when I looked up how much it would cost!

Hee hee, I'm constantly talking about it too. Think poor DH is drove mad bless him!! I know I'm doing it but just cant help myself lol. We were there in May 2011 for our honeymoon and the weather was lovely. This time we were going to go either May or Sept/Oct to see MNSSHP but May won for two reasons:
1. Its sooner lol! And
2. We want to have another baby after we get back so waiting until Oct to even start thinking about it was too far away for me

Lol I think mine just switches off when I ramble on, he loves it just as much as me but he can contain it until we get on the plane.... I just can't! Glad to hear you liked May enough to go back again, our last trip was sept/oct and it was amazing, we loved MNSSHP.But this time I wanted to see a different time of year and like you it was sooner and we are also starting to think babies... Well I am at least lol!

Ooo clothes shopping.. We've started to get a few bits feels odd buying summer stuff with all this snow :( hope you manage to get some tshirts for your DS.

My DD had her 1st haircut in the barbers when we went in Decemberprincess:

It was a lovely experience and she wore her Mickey Ears all day!!! :thumbsup2

I honestly didn't think she'd sit still long enough but the staff were amazing with her.

Not long to go now :cheer2:

Another one tagging along here :) I think our holidays overlap (we go Apr 27 - May 11), so will definitely be looking out for you guys :)

I would loooooooooooooooooove to do Disney with a little one :) it'll be magical!!

Your to-do list has also reminded me of a couple of things I should do sooner rather than later, so thanks for that :thumbsup2

I'm about to start summer clothes shopping - not looking forward to it! Odds are when you go shopping especially for something, then you never find it right? I have my bathing suit sorted and that's pretty much it - have also gone for a one-piece :)

Looking forward to more updates :)

PS - now that we're just over a month out, am also considering doing a PTR after seeing this! :)

pascalstongue said:
Sounds like you have got loads done. I also can't stop talking or thinking about our trip. Luckily now we are just over 6 weeks away DH doesn't mind my excessive talking about it. I am in awe of anyone who can keep a disney trip a secret from their kids, I wouldn't last five minutes!

We also have to sort out our doggie accommodation. Normally the dogs stay with my parents when we go away but they are coming with us on this trip (my parents that is!). I almost had a heart attack when I looked up how much it would cost!

6 little weeks yay! 40 days for us from tomorrow! Delighted doesn't quite cover it :) My parents or sister normally take our dog so as they'll be with us we have to look into sorting the kennels. The prices are crazy!!! If I had known you could charge those prices to dog sit I'd be setting up my own kennels lol!

MrsTigger said:
Lol I think mine just switches off when I ramble on, he loves it just as much as me but he can contain it until we get on the plane.... I just can't! Glad to hear you liked May enough to go back again, our last trip was sept/oct and it was amazing, we loved MNSSHP.But this time I wanted to see a different time of year and like you it was sooner and we are also starting to think babies... Well I am at least lol!

Ooo clothes shopping.. We've started to get a few bits feels odd buying summer stuff with all this snow :( hope you manage to get some tshirts for your DS.

Haha at least yours lets you ramble. Mine just gives me a look as if to say shut up already lol!
Ooh thinking of babies is GREAT! Best thing we've ever done :) And when you say y
YOU'RE thinking of babies you really mean WE ;) My DH knows that when I have my heart set on something I'm like a dog with a bone til I get it lol. He wanted to wait to try for #2 but I said no way lol.
It does feel weird buying bathing suits and shorts doesnt it lol. Although so far we've had no show, reeeeeeeeally cold though!

PJB71 said:
My DD had her 1st haircut in the barbers when we went in Decemberprincess:

It was a lovely experience and she wore her Mickey Ears all day!!! :thumbsup2

I honestly didn't think she'd sit still long enough but the staff were amazing with her.

Not long to go now :cheer2:

Great to hear such positive feedback especially the part about the staff being good with your DD and helping her sit still. Thats definitely a fear with us lol. DH reckons DS will mortify us but I said I'm sure the staff will have handled worse....I hope lol!

BethEJo said:
Another one tagging along here :) I think our holidays overlap (we go Apr 27 - May 11), so will definitely be looking out for you guys :)

I would loooooooooooooooooove to do Disney with a little one :) it'll be magical!!

Your to-do list has also reminded me of a couple of things I should do sooner rather than later, so thanks for that :thumbsup2

I'm about to start summer clothes shopping - not looking forward to it! Odds are when you go shopping especially for something, then you never find it right? I have my bathing suit sorted and that's pretty much it - have also gone for a one-piece :)

Looking forward to more updates :)

PS - now that we're just over a month out, am also considering doing a PTR after seeing this! :)

Thanks for following along :) Oh yay! Be great to spot another Diser in WDW!! :goodvibes I'm really looking forward to experiencing this trip through DS's viewpoint. It'll be very very different from our previous gung ho trips lol.
Great to hear another person went for a one piece :) I showed my sister and she loved it so she's contemplating one too ;) I got a couple of really nice denim style shorts in Primark, so so so comfy. Got them in dark blue, dark denim, beige and black. Also have another pair from River Island, thats me sorted for shorts. I'll do a wash or ten while I'm there (I'll have no choice with DS on the rampage lol) I want to pick up a pair of comfy sandals/flip flops. At the moment I've narrowed it to either Fit Flops or Tevas or maybe a pair of Crocs. Once I have them gotten we're all done. I have all our clothes washed and ironed and laid out ready to go - bit too prepared lol. But we have a wedding to go to the day before we leave for the airport so I want to be ready!

Ooh I will totally follow your PTR!! Be nice to get excited with other May trippers :goodvibes

Thanks for following along :) Oh yay! Be great to spot another Diser in WDW!! :goodvibes I'm really looking forward to experiencing this trip through DS's viewpoint. It'll be very very different from our previous gung ho trips lol.
Great to hear another person went for a one piece :) I showed my sister and she loved it so she's contemplating one too ;) I got a couple of really nice denim style shorts in Primark, so so so comfy. Got them in dark blue, dark denim, beige and black. Also have another pair from River Island, thats me sorted for shorts. I'll do a wash or ten while I'm there (I'll have no choice with DS on the rampage lol) I want to pick up a pair of comfy sandals/flip flops. At the moment I've narrowed it to either Fit Flops or Tevas or maybe a pair of Crocs. Once I have them gotten we're all done. I have all our clothes washed and ironed and laid out ready to go - bit too prepared lol. But we have a wedding to go to the day before we leave for the airport so I want to be ready!

Ooh I will totally follow your PTR!! Be nice to get excited with other May trippers :goodvibes

The shorts from Primark sound good - am finally heading shopping on Monday (finished medical school finals yesterday!!) so will definitely have to check Primark out. Will hopefully find some tops in there too - the low prices in there means that I can get a few things giving me a choice! I'm so indecisive when it comes to clothes!! I always end up taking waaaaaaaay more than I should, but have vowed this time to take enough for a week and wash half way through! Should leave me plenty of room in the case for all the shopping!

My comfy flip flops are going to be my havaiannas - not as supportive as Fit Flops etc, but very squidgee and comfy :)

Don't blame you being uber-prepared. I have my last hospital placement in April, and I finish the day before we fly to Orlando. This placement will be in North Wales which is a five hour drive to my house. So I need to get home, pick everything up and then drive to Gatwick on that Friday night to stay at the Travelodge! So I'm thinking I should take a leaf out of your book and start getting the stuff together now!!

BethEJo said:
The shorts from Primark sound good - am finally heading shopping on Monday (finished medical school finals yesterday!!) so will definitely have to check Primark out. Will hopefully find some tops in there too - the low prices in there means that I can get a few things giving me a choice! I'm so indecisive when it comes to clothes!! I always end up taking waaaaaaaay more than I should, but have vowed this time to take enough for a week and wash half way through! Should leave me plenty of room in the case for all the shopping!

My comfy flip flops are going to be my havaiannas - not as supportive as Fit Flops etc, but very squidgee and comfy :)

Don't blame you being uber-prepared. I have my last hospital placement in April, and I finish the day before we fly to Orlando. This placement will be in North Wales which is a five hour drive to my house. So I need to get home, pick everything up and then drive to Gatwick on that Friday night to stay at the Travelodge! So I'm thinking I should take a leaf out of your book and start getting the stuff together now!!

Oh congrats on finishing the finals!! Your trip is most definitely well deserved :goodvibes And happy shopping tomorrow! It'll be a nice cheer-me-up after this miserable weather!
I *think* I've decided on Tevas! Now just to find the right pair!!
That sounds like a hectic time right there!! You're deffo best to get sorted sooner than later. I'm usually the worlds biggest procrastinator when it comes to packing but with DS this year I know its necessary.
Picked DS up a pair of crocs and a really nice pair of shorts today. Also got him a Winnie the Pooh sticker book, coloured pipe cleaners, Mickey Mouse stickers and post its to add to his travel bag in an effort to keep him occupied. I have a feeling this is all in vain! The only way to keep DS quiet is to let him walk around or feed him snacks like Cheerios or rice cakes or chocolate!

Please do! I'd love to read it :)

Sounds like your very well prepared. Everyone thinks I'm obsessive with my planning and preparation but I enjoy it, part of the excitement. I also talked DH into changing a holiday so we could try for a baby earlier lol! Guess he's happy we won't have to do that again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter