My little mans big adventure PTR

Laurafoster said:
Please do! I'd love to read it :)

Sounds like your very well prepared. Everyone thinks I'm obsessive with my planning and preparation but I enjoy it, part of the excitement. I also talked DH into changing a holiday so we could try for a baby earlier lol! Guess he's happy we won't have to do that again.

Well at least until you decide to try for #2 ;) I swear I couldnt have waited any longer! DS is getting so big and its sad seeing him go from baby to toddler, I need another smallie or this broodiness will just about kill me lol! Our holiday is almost 2 years to the day since our honeymoon when we conceived DS so if we were fortunate enough we could have two babies with almost the same birthday just 2 years apart lol!

Picked up 2 pairs of board shorts and a basebalk cap for DS, and a swim suit with the body suit if you know what I mean. Also got a Toy Story book where the pages come out and you can make them into shapes of Woody, Buzz, Lotso and the Alien. Should maybe help keep DS busy for a few mins on the flight lol.
Speaking of the flight, we watched several Youtube videos today of planes taking off. Both on board and from the ground. DS was mesmerised!! Also showed him a video of rope drop at MK, he was SO excited when the train pulled up with the characters. He loves trains and he loves Mickey Mouse so it is a must do I think ;)
Booked tanning bed appointment for next week. Normally I dont do tanning beds except for before my wedding but I get a heat rash on holiday if I dont do the tanning bed before I go so I'm gonna do a few sessions in the coming weeks to hope my skin will adjust easier when I get there. Horrible having such sensitive skin but since my mum has psoriasis I suppose it was inevitable that I get her sensitive skin!
Still havent sorted the dog's accommodations, really must do that!!

Well at least until you decide to try for #2 ;) I swear I couldnt have waited any longer! DS is getting so big and its sad seeing him go from baby to toddler, I need another smallie or this broodiness will just about kill me lol! Our holiday is almost 2 years to the day since our honeymoon when we conceived DS so if we were fortunate enough we could have two babies with almost the same birthday just 2 years apart lol!

My DS is my second. i had a little girl first :) Megan was almost 2.5 when Charlie was born. It's hard seeing them grow up, it goes so quickly too.

I would have loved more but after Charlie was born I ended up spending nearly 2 weeks in Intensive Care and was advised any further pregnancies would be high risk.

I suspect the broodiness will kick in once the sleepless nights have stopped lol!

Laurafoster said:
My DS is my second. i had a little girl first :) Megan was almost 2.5 when Charlie was born. It's hard seeing them grow up, it goes so quickly too.

I would have loved more but after Charlie was born I ended up spending nearly 2 weeks in Intensive Care and was advised any further pregnancies would be high risk.

I suspect the broodiness will kick in once the sleepless nights have stopped lol!

Aww a little girl and a little boy and such a nice age gap there too! :) Sorry to hear you had such a rough go of it after Charlie was born! If you ever do decide to go again I hope everything runs smooth :goodvibes

What age is Charlie now? I hope hes better than my Will was as far as the sleepless nights go lol. Will didn't get my penchant for laziness, he's up with the crack of dawn which to be honest is a lot better than he was just a few weeks ago. When he was 6 months old he was waking more frequently than a newborn - one night I was up 26 times. I literally needed a holiday after that so went away for a weekend with the girls. DH had a new appreciation for me after that lol.

Charlie is just over 5 months now. Was a great sleeper (sleeping for about 7 hours) but he has just cut through his first 2 teeth so back to a few sleepless nights.

Megan was a nightmare sleeper until about 14months! Guess its true what they say - you never get 2 the same!

I know what you mean though, girst time i lefy her for a night with DH he looked suitably stressed on my return :)

Laurafoster said:
Charlie is just over 5 months now. Was a great sleeper (sleeping for about 7 hours) but he has just cut through his first 2 teeth so back to a few sleepless nights.

Megan was a nightmare sleeper until about 14months! Guess its true what they say - you never get 2 the same!

I know what you mean though, girst time i lefy her for a night with DH he looked suitably stressed on my return :)
Oh those horrid teeth!! Will was a late teether thankfully, couldnt have handled teething on top if the terrible sleeping lol. He got his bottom teeth at just under 11 months, his too two cut through the day before his first birthday and he just got the two top ones beside his front teeth last night. Thankfully he hasnt been affected by teething yet and just sleeps fine but I'm constantly expecting him to regress back to his old ways lol.
Sounds like you deserve a break on your second baba since Megan sounds like my Will. I'll stay optimistic that our next one will be a better sleeper - considering the first was like a baptism of fire! No one can prepare you for the sleep deprivation lol!

Oh those horrid teeth!! Will was a late teether thankfully, couldnt have handled teething on top if the terrible sleeping lol. He got his bottom teeth at just under 11 months, his too two cut through the day before his first birthday and he just got the two top ones beside his front teeth last night. Thankfully he hasnt been affected by teething yet and just sleeps fine but I'm constantly expecting him to regress back to his old ways lol.
Sounds like you deserve a break on your second baba since Megan sounds like my Will. I'll stay optimistic that our next one will be a better sleeper - considering the first was like a baptism of fire! No one can prepare you for the sleep deprivation lol!

Everyone said to me oh those first few weeks of sleepless nights are hard - no one mentioned the other 12months lol!

If you go to a CVS/Walmart on your trip they sell a baby teething gel called orajel and nighttime orajel - they are fab! Worked wonders on Megan! Not sure what the minimum age is but if he is old enough they are worth it.

Laurafoster said:
Everyone said to me oh those first few weeks of sleepless nights are hard - no one mentioned the other 12months lol!

If you go to a CVS/Walmart on your trip they sell a baby teething gel called orajel and nighttime orajel - they are fab! Worked wonders on Megan! Not sure what the minimum age is but if he is old enough they are worth it.

Exactly!! But when I told my friend who has a daughter the same age as Will that I was so tired from sleepless nights she started saying that it had to be my fault etc cause her DD was sleeping through from 2 months! Children are so different from each other, sometimes they sleep great and others not so much. We'll count our blessing that they're healthy and perfect other than the sleeping thing lol.
Thanks for the tip on teething gels! :) Theres NOTHING available that helps!

So our tickets arrived from Undercover Tourist this week!!!! Yay! Feels more real somehow now. Only 4 weeks from tomorrow, I'm almost sad thinking that the build up will be over soon!

sounds like you are very organised, how lovely having all your family on your sons first trip !! im sure it will be amazing even if a bit hectic

im also mega broody but dh is very firm that we will never have another baby !! and the only thing thats sort of holding me back is if we did have another its unlikely we would be bale to afford to go to wdw again !!

bex7583 said:
sounds like you are very organised, how lovely having all your family on your sons first trip !! im sure it will be amazing even if a bit hectic

im also mega broody but dh is very firm that we will never have another baby !! and the only thing thats sort of holding me back is if we did have another its unlikely we would be bale to afford to go to wdw again !!

Thanks :goodvibes It will most definitely be hectic lol! Its a good thing DS has turned into a calm (ish!) child lol.

As for broodiness, oh stop - I'm getting worse! DH has warned me it will be ages before we go back to WDW now since I'm talking about having a couple more kids first so he says I better enjoy this trip to the fullest!

Yahoooooo!!! Seriously can't wait! Things left to do are:
- sort out where my dog will be staying
- get new glasses and contact lenses
- find a pair of good walking flip flops for me and decent footwear for DS so he can have them worn in a bit
- finish packing
- sort out carry on bags
- book carseat for one night from car hire
- buy another swimsuit!!

I'm sure theres loads I'm forgetting. I feel a bit scatter brained this week. I'm going away with my girl friends at the weekend so once I'm back from that I'm sure my focus will return lol!!

Oh, does anyone know what Virgin do with gate checked buggies? I mean, do I have to buy a travel bag to put the buggy in? The city mini one is quite expensive!! :(

Oh, does anyone know what Virgin do with gate checked buggies? I mean, do I have to buy a travel bag to put the buggy in? The city mini one is quite expensive!! :(

Previously we have taken our maclaren on holiday with us. When we check in we are given the tag for the pushchair along with a thick plastic bag. At the gate i just threw the maclaren in the bag and sealed it. When we got to the other end it was laying at one side of the luggage carousel. Other times when we haven't done the bag and just put it on as us its been left set up ready to go.

We haven't had any damage to the maclaren but the way it folds means that everything is inside if you know what I mean. I honestly think that it would be fine but could you perhaps find some other bag to put around it? Or see if there is a travel bag on ebay?

Laurafoster said:
Previously we have taken our maclaren on holiday with us. When we check in we are given the tag for the pushchair along with a thick plastic bag. At the gate i just threw the maclaren in the bag and sealed it. When we got to the other end it was laying at one side of the luggage carousel. Other times when we haven't done the bag and just put it on as us its been left set up ready to go.

We haven't had any damage to the maclaren but the way it folds means that everything is inside if you know what I mean. I honestly think that it would be fine but could you perhaps find some other bag to put around it? Or see if there is a travel bag on ebay?
Thanks for that :goodvibes I'll have a look on ebay and see what I can find ;)

Bought Will his first pair of sandals for the trip today!!
Also ordered our dollars! Collecting them next Thursday.
Sorted out accommodations for our dog so thats ticked off the list.
Next up is sorting our trip insurance. Other jobs that need doing are:
-eye test
-buy contact lenses for both DH and I
-print plane tickets and villa/car vouchers
-pack properly (everything is left in one case but I need to go through everything and pack properly)

I'm sure there is more but I can't think right now!

Oh and after reading Leanne's recent TR and seeing Elsie's personalised top I found a local place that does hoodies so that came in the mail today too :) I'll upload a pic once I'm on the laptop tomorrow :goodvibes

Laurafoster said:
Gosh, had a look at the city mini travel bags and I see what you mean! Hope you find one on ebay, or maybe there's a non branded alternative.

Sob! Cant seem to find any alternatives that could fit the City Mini. I think I'll have to buy the right one or risk damaging the buggy :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter