My little mans big adventure PTR

Laurafoster said:
We cancelled our ADRs too. (Apart from one). I find it easier to get Megan to eat something decent at a CS location as its so much quicker and she doesn't get bored.

It's come around sooo quickly! Is your DS excited? Or does he not really understand why mummy's so excited lol!

Thats exactly what I'm thinking! Maybe we'll stay onsite when we go back and do the DDP and make ADRs but when DS is unpredictable at the best of times its just not worth being tied to a schedule!

Haha poor Will hasn't a clue why I'm so excited! He knows theres something afoot I reckon but still too little to "get" Disney. Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck are about it at the moment, a little bit of Nemo, Jake and some Simba and he loves all the music but other than that he won't really have a clue lol. He's 14 months old tomorrow! :)

MrsTigger said:
Yeah feeling a bit more organised now, ADRs are booked and we have a rough itinerary using touring plans busy day guide. Just need to print everything, wash and pack clothes and get some spending money changed. I'm hoping to get everything done by bank hol monday then we only have three days at work and Friday morning we'll be off to the airport for the night before flying sat morning. I'll have to look out for you in the parks :)

You sound fairly set :) Not many work days left which is ALWAYS a good thing lol. It would be great if we spotted each other in the parks :) I'll be the harassed looking mum trying to rein in a hyper toddler while trying not to shoot muderous looks at my DH for his lack of assistance lol! I have a day-to-day itinerary which I am hoping to put up on this at some stage so if any of our park days clash we could definitely stand a chance of seeing each other ;)

Its finally time to do it!!!!! Yup thats right - my SDD!!!!!! Oops I'm on my phone so lets just pretend theres loads of dancing smilies here ;)

In other trip related news I have changed our spending money over to USD! Yay!!!
Also had my eye test that I've been putting off - yes, my eyesight is unfortunately worse than it was at my last test! Boo!! Ordered new specs and bought new contacts so thats ticked off the list!! Go me!

Nine days to go! Wooooooohoooooooo - can you tell I'm a teeny weeny bit excited :goodvibes

For what it's worth, I think you made the right decision in cancelling your ADRs. Even thought we stay on site, I hate being tied down to eating at a particular place/particular time. For the last few trips, we've only ended up actually keeping one or two of any ADRs we've made.

DS (particularly when he was younger) was an absolute nightmare when he was hungry. He never used to tell us he was hungry but you always knew because his behaviour would very quickly deteriorate. Better to be able to eat as and when. Plus, we much prefer the off site places. Texas Roadhouse on the 192 was the best meal we had on our last trip - well worth a visit :thumbsup2

wilma-bride said:
For what it's worth, I think you made the right decision in cancelling your ADRs. Even thought we stay on site, I hate being tied down to eating at a particular place/particular time. For the last few trips, we've only ended up actually keeping one or two of any ADRs we've made.

DS (particularly when he was younger) was an absolute nightmare when he was hungry. He never used to tell us he was hungry but you always knew because his behaviour would very quickly deteriorate. Better to be able to eat as and when. Plus, we much prefer the off site places. Texas Roadhouse on the 192 was the best meal we had on our last trip - well worth a visit :thumbsup2

Thanks :goodvibes I must try the Texas Roadhouse, read some good reviews on it! My DS sounds fairly similar to yours lol. He just pulls a complete 180 and goes from happy and smiley to whingy and clingy. He even rubs his eyes like hes tired but when he does that its safe to say a meltdown is imminent and we should go home NOW! I'll try my utmost to watch for the signs, best thing about DS is he looooooves dry Cheerios. He would eat them til they come out his ears so I always make sure to have some on me at all times.

Its finally time to do it!!!!! Yup thats right - my SDD!!!!!! Oops I'm on my phone so lets just pretend theres loads of dancing smilies here ;)

In other trip related news I have changed our spending money over to USD! Yay!!!
Also had my eye test that I've been putting off - yes, my eyesight is unfortunately worse than it was at my last test! Boo!! Ordered new specs and bought new contacts so thats ticked off the list!! Go me!

Nine days to go! Wooooooohoooooooo - can you tell I'm a teeny weeny bit excited :goodvibes

SDD! :goodvibes: wow can't believe you only have 9 day! I think I'll be ready to burst this time next week.

MrsTigger said:
SDD! :goodvibes: wow can't believe you only have 9 day! I think I'll be ready to burst this time next week.

I KNOW!!! Madness, complete madness!! This night next week we'll be leaving home around 3.30am!! Woohoo!

Accomplished a couple more things off my list today. Picked up my new glasses from the opticians - love them! Really different to my old pair but was wearing contacts all day today so havent worn them yet lol.
Also got all our stuff printed off and sorted. Villa and car vouchers, e-tickets for the flight and our itinerary.
Also made a list of all my friends kids so I can bring them back something Disney-ish. There's 9 on the list, best not forget one!!
I picked up a second swimsuit too. One piece, black and simple. Really happy with it and glad I got it out of the way!
Have to pick up maybe 2 more tops for me which I will do tomorrow morning and then myself and Will are heading to my mums where we'll go through our itinerary and flight stuff and double check everything is done right!

You must be sooooooooo excited. Can't wait to see all the pictures of Will.

Hope you get some sleep tonight I never do before a holiday x

Have a wonderful time! Ill keep an eye out for you in the parks!

Have a great time all of you - hope Will has a lovely first trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter