My Latest Invention: the Traffic-eliminator-inator! *updated 5/31! Completed!*

Hmm. I wonder why they added the doors to the trams? I bet too many people were jumping on when the tram started moving! I wonder if it is more difficult to get a stroller on now?

Nice animal pics! You got a LOT of great shots!:thumbsup2

OK...LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics you got of PO!!! You did a great job :thumbsup2 Gorgeous light in some of them. And the pic of Tyler and Flat Stanley is really cute!!!

There are naked mole rats in AK? Seriously never go slowly in that park. Really should :rolleyes1

Yes, I have often wondered about the pics that I'm in. I was especially excited when I found a pic of Stacy and I in someone else's TR :rotfl2:

Love the pictures.

I always walk from the Animal Kingdom parking lot to the entrance. It's so much faster than taking the tram, and I could understand you guys wanting to stretch your legs out.

I am so with you about the pictures. How many photos am I REALLY in?:lmao:
You're right, it does always seem easier to walk to the AK entrance than the tram. We beat it this time with time to spare!

:laughing: I always find me looking for myself in people's pictures from Disney, especially the crowd shots! I also tend to search a bit too much in the ones from when I wasn't even in Disney! (Hmm...maybe I forgot I was in Disney that day? Gotta check if I was in DHS...;))

That bird conservatory sounds like the birds were a teensy bit close for comfort...I mean, I suppose that's the point, but I'd still get slightly freaked out!

Glad you were able to enjoy one of your favorite WDW snacks! Looks like Flat Stanley enjoyed it as well! :thumbsup2 I have got to try one of those pretzels someday - the only Disney one's I've had are the normal kind. How boring, right? Gotta get my act together, this is Disney!! :laughing:
HAHA I always look at people in every TR I read even knowing I'm not in them I think I'm going to find someone I know! :rotfl: I do that when I watch baseball games on TV too..always scanning the crowd, I'm weird.

The birds weren't too bad, just that one that almost took my eye out :laughing:

WOW, look at that gorilla!! How cool! I love the Animal Kingdom. :goodvibes The trails are a lot of fun.
Its the best park to stroll in, IMO.

Hmm. I wonder why they added the doors to the trams? I bet too many people were jumping on when the tram started moving! I wonder if it is more difficult to get a stroller on now?

Nice animal pics! You got a LOT of great shots!:thumbsup2
Well we were there in September and the doors weren't on the trams then. I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't know about them!

I didn't see people struggle with a stroller, just that you have to hold the door open so if you are there solo with a baby & stroller, it could get difficult. We helped a young woman who could walk but was using a wheelchair.

OK...LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics you got of PO!!! You did a great job :thumbsup2 Gorgeous light in some of them. And the pic of Tyler and Flat Stanley is really cute!!!

There are naked mole rats in AK? Seriously never go slowly in that park. Really should :rolleyes1

Yes, I have often wondered about the pics that I'm in. I was especially excited when I found a pic of Stacy and I in someone else's TR :rotfl2:
Thanks! and those were taken with a cheap camera, imagine what I could do with yours! :rotfl:

Yup naked mole rats and they are not as cute as they are on KimPossible! :laughing:

After our delicious pretzel brunch, our FastPasses were up for the safari. We pretty much walked right on waiting only about 2 trucks before getting on our own.

IMG_7462.jpg

While heading into crocodile country, we saw people on the Wild Africa Trek tour. Doesn’t that look cool?! Dan and I saw it and we immediately looked at each other and though, ‘yup, we’re gonna do that.’

IMG_7464.jpg

Stanley was so nervous around the crocs! Tyler kept him safe

IMG_7465.jpg

Into the “best view” of the savannah, there were a few giraffes out eating

IMG_7466.jpg

For some reason, Tyler thought the wildebeests were “cool.” I personally think they are one of the ugliest animals I’ve ever seen! :rotfl2:

IMG_7468.jpg

The elephants were out in full force!
IMG_7470.jpg

Even the babies!!
IMG_7472.jpg

I tried to take a quick shot of the new overlook they built for the Wild Africa Trek. Apparently this is where you eat lunch. Sweet view huh?
IMG_7474.jpg

White rhino
IMG_7476.jpg

Cheetahs!
IMG_7477.jpg

We had some time to kill before the next Festival of the Lion King show so we roamed around the stores.

Princess Ada
IMG_7480.jpg

Light fixture
IMG_7481.jpg

Heading towards Camp Minnie Mickey, I was glad to see they finally trimmed back the branches to see the waterfall again. Last time when we were there in September, you couldn’t see any of the rocks.
IMG_7482.jpg

We haven’t seen FotLK in a few years and were excited to show Tyler
IMG_7483.jpg

IMG_7484.jpg

He greatly enjoyed it! He loved the Tumble Monkeys, thats my favorite part too!

The boys
IMG_7486.jpg

5 Minute wait time posted for Its Tough to Be A Bug so we headed there next.

View up the Tree of Life
IMG_7487.jpg

IMG_7488.jpg

IMG_7489.jpg

There seemed to have been more “fog” when the spiders came out so they were difficult to see but you still had lots of kids screaming and crying. I felt bad for them, that can be a creepy show.

Dan and Tyler went to redeem their FP for Dinosaur and I roamed around Dinoland attempting to take pictures of things I don’t have or shots you don’t see very often. I hope you enjoy them!

IMG_7490.jpg

IMG_7492.jpg

IMG_7493.jpg

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7495.jpg

How funny are these signs?!
IMG_7496.jpg

Other side of them
IMG_7497.jpg

IMG_7498.jpg

In case anyone cares for Vinylmations (Rachel you can show this to Weird! :rotfl:)
IMG_7499.jpg

Goofy and Pluto signing autographs
IMG_7500.jpg

I never noticed the basketball hoop before! Then again, I’ve never eaten at Restaurantosaurus so I could have easily missed it
IMG_7501.jpg

Have you read the backstory to Dinoland? Once you have, this section of the park makes total sense afterwards. Pretty hilarious stuff.
IMG_7504.jpg

Have you ever noticed the parking lines on the ground?
IMG_7505.jpg

IMG_7506.jpg

The boys came out of Dinosaur unscathed so we decided since it was close to 3, we were going to try to catch Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade...pics up next!

The wildebeest are kinda creepy! They probably hang out with buffalo!!!

You got some really great detail shots in AK! Ahhh, I can't believe that I'm going to have to wait until next year to be able to examine all those details! The parking lot lines are so cool! It really make it feel like it's the opposite of Disney, but it's funny because it's purposely done by Disney!

Ooo, and I've never seen the spoof of The Glass Menagerie! I remember reading that in high school despite the fact that I don't remember what it was about ... hmm ... I always tell myself to reread the classics, but I don't! I know I had teachers that introduced me to a ton of great stories in my lifetime. I hope my students will say that on day! Wow, I went off on a tangent on your TR ...

Hehe, Weird has one of the Vinylmation figurines that's in that case :thumbsup2

Oooh, look at all the elephants! haha, my last two posts on here have sounded kind of similar. But that is awesome so many of the elephants were out! They're my favorite along with the giraffes. :thumbsup2

I have read the backstory of Dinorama. You got some great pictures of all the little details. Those signs that say "When in Florida be sure to visit Epcot" are great. :laughing:

Thanks for the info on the doors on the trams. We are a bit nervous since our next trip will be the first ever with a stroller!!

The Wild Africa Tour looks AWESOME! You have to do it- and then come back here and tell us all about it!! (Since even though I *want* to do it, I doubt I will be able to for several years!)

Dinoland really makes sense once you know the backstory. The whole area is themed just right for it. I just wish there was a bit more there than Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama. I am not a fan of the carnival games (though they make sense theme-wise). I think we might check out the Boneyard during out next trip for the first time. I figured it will be the perfect place for my munchkin to play while the adults take turns riding Expedition Everest.

The wildebeest are kinda creepy! They probably hang out with buffalo!!!

You got some really great detail shots in AK! Ahhh, I can't believe that I'm going to have to wait until next year to be able to examine all those details! The parking lot lines are so cool! It really make it feel like it's the opposite of Disney, but it's funny because it's purposely done by Disney!

Ooo, and I've never seen the spoof of The Glass Menagerie! I remember reading that in high school despite the fact that I don't remember what it was about ... hmm ... I always tell myself to reread the classics, but I don't! I know I had teachers that introduced me to a ton of great stories in my lifetime. I hope my students will say that on day! Wow, I went off on a tangent on your TR ...

Hehe, Weird has one of the Vinylmation figurines that's in that case :thumbsup2

You are too much Rae!

Oooh, look at all the elephants! haha, my last two posts on here have sounded kind of similar. But that is awesome so many of the elephants were out! They're my favorite along with the giraffes. :thumbsup2

I have read the backstory of Dinorama. You got some great pictures of all the little details. Those signs that say "When in Florida be sure to visit Epcot" are great. :laughing:

Its ok that your posts sound familiar, I'm just glad you are reading and posting! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info on the doors on the trams. We are a bit nervous since our next trip will be the first ever with a stroller!!

The Wild Africa Tour looks AWESOME! You have to do it- and then come back here and tell us all about it!! (Since even though I *want* to do it, I doubt I will be able to for several years!)

Dinoland really makes sense once you know the backstory. The whole area is themed just right for it. I just wish there was a bit more there than Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and Chester & Hester's Dino-Rama. I am not a fan of the carnival games (though they make sense theme-wise). I think we might check out the Boneyard during out next trip for the first time. I figured it will be the perfect place for my munchkin to play while the adults take turns riding Expedition Everest.

You will be FINE with the stroller on the trams! You have plenty of help to assist if needed. :goodvibes

Oh my goodness how cute!!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc I loved seeing the elephants on the safari, they were my favorites. But we didn't get to see any of the babies...how lucky! :goodvibes
They were cute! I was so excited to see them especially since I didn't get to see the baby gorilla! :goodvibes

I have never seen that waterfall either! I REALLY need to slow down at AK!
Woman, slow DOWN! :lmao:

After the boys finished their ride on Dinosaur, it was almost 3 o’clock. You know what that means.....LUNCH! :lmao: Just kidding. The 3 o’clock parade, Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade, was about to begin soon so we walked the parade route and found a great, empty spot over near Yak & Yeti.

Not really much to describe so I’ll let the pictures do the talking

IMG_7507.jpg

IMG_7508.jpg

IMG_7509.jpg

IMG_7510.jpg

There were lots of families in this parade on various “floats”
IMG_7511.jpg

IMG_7512.jpg

IMG_7513.jpg

IMG_7514.jpg

IMG_7515.jpg

IMG_7516.jpg

IMG_7517.jpg

IMG_7519.jpg

IMG_7522.jpg

IMG_7523.jpg

IMG_7525.jpg

IMG_7526.jpg

IMG_7527.jpg

IMG_7528.jpg

After the parade we decided to walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek. Tyler hadn’t seen the tigers last time so we headed that way.

Bats!
IMG_7530.jpg

The beautiful tigers
IMG_7531.jpg

IMG_7532.jpg

IMG_7533.jpg

IMG_7534.jpg

IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7536.jpg

IMG_7537.jpg

After this we decided to head back to POR to eat dinner. We made sandwiches from the food we brought down and just relaxed and watched America’s Funniest Home Videos.

Tomorrow, Magic Kingdom on Presidents Day! Good idea or miserably wrong?!

Great AK pics! That parade looks really cute, I love the interpretive animal art they have there. Even though AK is really not my favorite park, I will say that the level of detail there is incredible. Disney truly does not ever leave one stone unturned (or pixie-dusted, as it were!) :wizard:

I've listened to the AK parade music on DIS radio so often that I could hear while looking at your pictures! Haha, even though I've never seen the parade myself ...

Ooo, so curious to know how MK was on Monday! We purposely avoided it, but I'm wondering if the predictions were true!

Ok, how did I not know you had a TR going?!!! :eek: Sorry it's taken me so long but I'm definitely here now! And loving it so far! :goodvibes

I can't believe you drove all the way from MA! And that you made it sound so easy. How many hours is that?

Love the updates on AK. Its been a couple years since we have been there. Finally going back this Aug.

Great AK pics! That parade looks really cute, I love the interpretive animal art they have there. Even though AK is really not my favorite park, I will say that the level of detail there is incredible. Disney truly does not ever leave one stone unturned (or pixie-dusted, as it were!) :wizard:
Seriously the detail is amazing. It actually wasn't until this trip that I actually looked around more. That section by the tigers on the Maharajah Trek, gorgeous!

I've listened to the AK parade music on DIS radio so often that I could hear while looking at your pictures! Haha, even though I've never seen the parade myself ...

Ooo, so curious to know how MK was on Monday! We purposely avoided it, but I'm wondering if the predictions were true!
That was a first for us, I might have to download the music now!
You'll find out about MK soon!

Ok, how did I not know you had a TR going?!!! :eek: Sorry it's taken me so long but I'm definitely here now! And loving it so far! :goodvibes

I can't believe you drove all the way from MA! And that you made it sound so easy. How many hours is that?
Sorry! I posted it on fb but thats the only advertising I've done for it :rotfl: PM me if you want to be friends!
Its about a 21 hour drive from our house to WDW. Unfortunately this time it took us 25 hours with the massive amounts of traffic we hit :scared1:

Love the updates on AK. Its been a couple years since we have been there. Finally going back this Aug.
Thanks for reading! I hope you have time to enjoy the detail in AK, its wonderful!

There are so many lovely details at Animal Kingdom. The problem - It's so easy to miss them rushing from one place to another! I think we might try spending a bit more time at Animal Kingdom on our next trip, just to make sure we see more of the details.

I really like the Jammin Jungle Parade. It really picks you up even if the afternoon heat is rough!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter