My friends the summer offer will be

Wondering if we will change our hotel when it is released as we are at PORQ in July and it doesn't sound like the discount will be good there. Maybe we would be better off somewhere else.... Although I'd hate to leave it... Thoughts?

Wondering if we will change our hotel when it is released as we are at PORQ in July and it doesn't sound like the discount will be good there. Maybe we would be better off somewhere else.... Although I'd hate to leave it... Thoughts?

Same here...we are booked at POFQ for our June stay and have a 20% room discount via the Orbitz Spring sale. I will price the Disney package when specifics are announced and compare it to my room price with comparable tickets and make a decision (Orbitz is refundable). I Will price all of the moderate resorts for our dates but as said, at this point we hate to leave POFQ!!

black562 said:
You can't stack discounts. So you couldn't do a room discount AND free dining. However you could do a room discount and add the dining plan to it yes.

This is what I was trying to say ! Thanks haha

Thanks so much for the info!

Any thoughts on whether AP discounts will be released, if they are any different than GP discounts, and if they will be released before or after GP discounts - same questions of Disney Visa discounts.

Thanks so much for all your help!!!!

We switched from POFQ to POR Royal when the Spring Discount came out. POFQ was only about 5% off, IIRC. And since we need AP's not MYW tickets, even the ticket discount wasn't enough for me to keep POFQ.

Currently, our last 4 nights of our trip are at rack rate since we leave after the Spring Discount ended. But once the Summer discount comes out, we plan on switching our last 4 nights from POR to YC :wizard:

I just made our July 8-13 ressies. I asked the CM if I should call ASAP on April 2nd, and he said he would if I wanted to make sure I could stay at POR. Not an actual confirmation, but no denial either. :jumping1:

We know that we want to go from July 13-19 but we were waiting for the summer deals to be announced. Do you all think that we can just wait until the 2nd to make our ressie at POR or do we need to make it now and then call back on the 2nd? (Is that what we do - switch it on the 2nd to the discount?)

We know that we want to go from July 13-19 but we were waiting for the summer deals to be announced. Do you all think that we can just wait until the 2nd to make our ressie at POR or do we need to make it now and then call back on the 2nd? (Is that what we do - switch it on the 2nd to the discount?)

If it was me, I would book the dates I wanted ASAP, before they are gone. Then I would call back the minute the deals are announced, while my room choice was still available. That is what I did last year. I booked the WL in July and then called in Oct as soon as the discounts were announced. It was very easy and the CM's are usually happy to help you save money. :)

With all the commercials they have been airing you would think they were begging people to come down. Still waiting for the end of August deals. Praying there is something good soon.

If it was me, I would book the dates I wanted ASAP, before they are gone. Then I would call back the minute the deals are announced, while my room choice was still available. That is what I did last year. I booked the WL in July and then called in Oct as soon as the discounts were announced. It was very easy and the CM's are usually happy to help you save money. :)

Thanks, just booked it. Now, we will just sit tight and wait. Hopefully, a discount will come out. We have never been in July before - August 2x. We are both teachers so Winter Break and summer are the only times we can go. This is the first time DH is not working at camp and the kids are not going, so we are going earlier in the summer. Does anyone know how the two different times compare?

Cinderumbrella said:
We switched from POFQ to POR Royal when the Spring Discount came out. POFQ was only about 5% off, IIRC. And since we need AP's not MYW tickets, even the ticket discount wasn't enough for me to keep POFQ.

Currently, our last 4 nights of our trip are at rack rate since we leave after the Spring Discount ended. But once the Summer discount comes out, we plan on switching our last 4 nights from POR to YC :wizard:

Although since the RGRs are more expensive anyway, it worked out to only saving about $100 to change to POR from POFQ for us, so I think I'm sticking with FQ.

I'm not sure what we will do - it looks like it might only be a $200 more to stay at AKL instead of POFQ if the deal is 30% off in July... that is pretty tempting! We'll see ... I figure when the special is released in a couple of weeks, we'll call and see if a CM can help us figure it out! Super excited at the thought of staying at AKL! DD would love the animals!

I'm not sure what we will do - it looks like it might only be a $200 more to stay at AKL instead of POFQ if the deal is 30% off in July... that is pretty tempting! We'll see ... I figure when the special is released in a couple of weeks, we'll call and see if a CM can help us figure it out! Super excited at the thought of staying at AKL! DD would love the animals!

Our only AKL stay was due to a similar offer. It is so pretty there, you will love it!!!

So my dates are later then this, but I have a question. Because this is room only, that means I CAN NOT add on dining after the fact, correct?

So my dates are later then this, but I have a question. Because this is room only, that means I CAN NOT add on dining after the fact, correct?

You can add dining up to five days before the reservation date as long as you also have purchased park tickets, thereby making it a Magic My Way package. You can add the tickets at the same time as you add the dining plan, or you can buy the tickets earlier than that. That is what we did for our reservation last month. I booked a room only reservation in July, got the RO discount for it in October, then bought tickets in January and added the dining plan ten days before our Feb 5th check in date. :) There weren't any problems doing it that way. :)

We're just starting to plan a trip for Aug 11 or 12 through the 20th. It seems like this promotion will apply for the first few nights of our trip, but then we'll be stuck with rack rates - at least until another promo comes out. How will this work for us? From what I understand, I can book the room now and on 4/2 call and get a discount for the first nights. When/if a discount is released for the last nights of the trip, can I call again and change the second half to that discount? Will it end up being two separate reservations? I'm still not sure what resort. Right now I'm thinking an AoA Family Suite because we have myself, my mom, DH, DS6, DS4, and DD2 along for the ride and need separate sleeping areas while keeping the price reasonable. TIA

You will have no problem adding on another discount later. I do not think this will require 2 separate reservations.

What does everybody think of the following?::confused3
I am thinking about staying at POP for the first night so that I can purchase the discounted tickets and then move to AOA LM rooms the next night. We are going with extended family and we could save some $ on tickets. Is there a minimum number of nights in order to get the ticktes? We will be getting to the resort late so we don't care where we stay the first night.

Oh my gosh...this is such great news!!! We have our first trip booked for June 16-22. Staying at All Star Movies, 6 day Magic your way + water parks and the dining plan for 2 adults and 1 child. We also got the photo pass plus added when it was offered for $158.69 . Our total came up to $3006 and some odd cents. Can anyone give me an idea of about how much this will save us? I tried doing the math, but since I'm really not sure how much any of the items cost separately I am a little lost. Also I keep reading about rack rates and I don't know what that is or if it is what I currently have.
Any amount off is exciting!!!

Oh my gosh...this is such great news!!! We have our first trip booked for June 16-22. Staying at All Star Movies, 6 day Magic your way + water parks and the dining plan for 2 adults and 1 child. We also got the photo pass plus added when it was offered for $158.69 . Our total came up to $3006 and some odd cents. Can anyone give me an idea of about how much this will save us? I tried doing the math, but since I'm really not sure how much any of the items cost separately I am a little lost. Also I keep reading about rack rates and I don't know what that is or if it is what I currently have.
Any amount off is exciting!!!

Did you pay $158.69 for the Photopass+ ? Because you can preorder it for $149....not a huge difference but why would they charge you MORE for it as part of the package? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter