My first Pre Trip Report - Completed - with pics

Tove will remember precious times like this in years to come, and I have no doubt she will be beaming because she is spending her holiday with her favourite person - mum :goodvibes

:hug: That is such a lovely thing to say! I have been packing tonight. Tove had a tennis tournament today so she was exhausted and came to me at about 8 pm and asked if she could bath in the morning and go to bed. :eek: So I grabbed my window of opportunity and have packed two boxes. I know it sounds mad, but they are flat boxes with lids that fit right over the base so I have vacuum sealed all my 'liquid' bottles like sunscreen, contact solution, toothpaste, etc and packed them into the boxes. All I need to do is to lift the boxes into the cases just before I leave the house.

Now where is Tracy? She would be soooo proud of me :rolleyes: (until she finds out that the rest of the packing has to be done in an hour before we leave :lmao:)

great pre trip report, youre doing a fab job.
sounds like youve got great plans, id love a surprise trip :goodvibes

Awwwww what a lovely pre-trip report, your daughter is going to love this surprise. Not long to go now. :dance3: Can't wait to read all about it.

Dont know how I have missed this !!
You have planned the most magical surprise and Im hoping that u are going to film Toves reaction so in years to come you can laugh and cry together at teh super effort you have put into making this trip start with a bang !!

I totally agree with its the littole things that make the trip worthwhile !
Looing forward to reading your trippie,
Louise x

Thank you both of you! :hug:

I am in that 'strange place' at the moment - you know that feeling just before a trip where you question half the things you are doing? :rotfl: If I can get my filing up to date and the house sorted this weekend I will feel better. It's coming quickly now - almost too quickly! :lmao:

I should probably apologise for my missing photos on here. Last night I had Photobucket open and heard Tove getting out of bed :scared1: In my haste to get rid of the page on the screen I can only think I must have deleted my album .... because it's gone! :sad2: I will try and upload them again and replace them. I only saw it now. :headache:

I can't wait to hear how Tove reacts to her suprise - the whole trip sounds wonderful.

If you're doing a power point presentation in the hotel room on a lap top does this mean you can fill us all in on how it went before you go away.... the suspense would kill me having to wait until you got back!! :rotfl:

I can't wait to hear how Tove reacts to her suprise - the whole trip sounds wonderful.

If you're doing a power point presentation in the hotel room on a lap top does this mean you can fill us all in on how it went before you go away.... the suspense would kill me having to wait until you got back!! :rotfl:

:rotfl: Yes, I am taking the laptop. I am also taking my dongle as I have a mobile broadband contract. I just hope it works there, but I really do want to get online and at least let everyone know how it went. I will possibly post it on this thread and on the main UKTP board. :goodvibes I am off to pack now. Tove has gone out with Granny and Grandad for an hour or so and I can't mess about. This is my chance. :)

:rotfl: Yes, I am taking the laptop. I am also taking my dongle as I have a mobile broadband contract. I just hope it works there, but I really do want to get online and at least let everyone know how it went. I will possibly post it on this thread and on the main UKTP board. :goodvibes I am off to pack now. Tove has gone out with Granny and Grandad for an hour or so and I can't mess about. This is my chance. :)

Just catching up with your report. What a fantastic story so far!
Hope the trip goes to plan, I am sure it will :goodvibes
Looking forward to the next lot of updates :thumbsup2

Just catching up with your report. What a fantastic story so far!
Hope the trip goes to plan, I am sure it will :goodvibes
Looking forward to the next lot of updates :thumbsup2

Thank you! :goodvibes The whole thing is so surreal. Too much waiting and no chatting face to face with people about it makes it feel like it is still a dream or scheme, if that makes any sense. Whatever would I have done without all the great people here on the DIS?! :scared1:

Well I am packed. Tove is still out with Grandparents. They said an hour or so. Got all the cases packed in 40 minutes (I did have a list so not too bad). Only a couple of snags. I wanted to pack the Minnie ears and I see they are being used by a game in progress in her bedroom :rolleyes: I don't see the point in buying new ones every time so it is easier to just take them back. Same with the glo ring they sell at the parks. I just change the batteries instead of spending money to buy it when it only gets used once or twice .... then I end up carrying it around the park for the rest of the night :rolleyes1 I also see that a light tracksuit top that I had put with the 'ironing' ;) has been taken and is being worn so that will have to go through the was again before Friday. All coming together now. Just some things to print off. :yay:

Not long to go now Lee! I'm not jealous at all. ;) :rotfl:

I've updated my thread with some food pics by the way. :)

Oh no, I know you would never be jealous ... just like I wasn't when you left :rotfl2:

I had a quick peek at your thread this afternoon, but I am going to have a good read (and look ;)) tonight. I suspect I will be having some of your thread for lunch over the next few days :laughing:

Awww how fab! Tove is never going to forget this surprise. :cloud9:

I hope you manage to film it or take some piccies for us. ;) I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans.

I hope you manage to film it or take some piccies for us. ;) I'm looking forward to reading more of your plans.

Yes, definitely planning to film it. I wonder what she is going to think with the video camera and tripod out. :confused: I still need to find the pics I had and re-load them to Photobucket. I am not 100% sure what happened but I can only think I deleted the album in my haste to get rid of the page :sad1:, as per this post.

I should probably apologise for my missing photos on here. Last night I had Photobucket open and heard Tove getting out of bed :scared1: In my haste to get rid of the page on the screen I can only think I must have deleted my album .... because it's gone! :sad2: I will try and upload them again and replace them. I only saw it now. :headache:

Did you manage to get some packing done?:)

I did.:woohoo: Packed everything and weighed the cases. 15kg and 9kg. The heavier one also has a large wheeled holdall in it for the trip home. I spent the other night (more like early hours of the morning) sealing things like suncream/spray, toothpasate, shampoo and anything that could leak into plastic ziploc bags, then packed it all into a flat shallow box with a lid that fits over it and just stuck that straight into one of the cases as is. There are just a few small clothing items that a certain little princess took from my mock 'ironing' basket (disguise for things to be packed) that are now in the washing machine. I spent Saturday and yesterday cleaning out cupboards and wardrobes and managed to get both the cases into the hallway linen cupbaord, which now has a step stool and some charity shop bags in front of it. Not that Tove ever goes in there as that is where the bedding, laundry baskets etc stay. Hand luggage is in my built in cupboard in my bedroom behind the long coats and things. I feel relieved now. :worship: but I am really tired!

Well 3 days to go. Woke up this morning ... sore head, sore throat, sore sinuses. :headache: Drinking lempsip all day and going to bed now. I WILL BE FEELING GREAT IN THREE DAYS! I will make sure I find time for another post on here before I leave. Thank you for all your positive comments, support and just being in this all with me. I really appreciate all of you wonderful people. :grouphug:

Well it's another Lemsip day :sad1: I keep thinking I should be bouncing by now and I feel miserable. I am not one to take sick days unless I am really unwell, but this would b a good week for me to grab some catch up time. How annoying that we are seriously short staffed this week and there is no way I can go home. Went to get Tove after work yesterday and she'd taken a tumble down the stairs on her back. She is still complaining about it hurting this morning so she must have bruised herself. I told my mum to wrap her in cottonwool today and make sure there are NO accidents. :rotfl:

Urgh, my mind wants me to be excited and I want to cry. :sad1:

Thankfully I still have a few days before we go so I can feel great by the weekend! :)

Oh no Lee you poor things:headache:

Hope you are both soon feeling much better:hug::hug:

Just keep thinking of all that sunshine you will be in an a few days:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter