My Family Trip Report for March 2013

Ugh. I sincerely hope you didn't take anything home with you. Its funny, when we travel im paranoid about bringing bed bugs home. Never even thought about roaches. :sad2:

Thanks. I did check the beds - I always do - but that didn't help this time.

Sorry Venom - I didn't mean to steal your report thread. I can't wait to hear the details of the rest of your trip!

Thanks. I did check the beds - I always do - but that didn't help this time.

Sorry Venom - I didn't mean to steal your report thread. I can't wait to hear the details of the rest of your trip!

Your ok. I don't mind as long as it doesn't get off too far from my topic lol.

But I found out they have been screening and treating rooms with the following numbers: 9267-9280 and 9066-9080. They go through rooms between check outs and new check ins, also during the day they have been calling rooms and leaving messages to notify guests. That they are doing routine preventative services. Not all rooms have this roach issue, they are doing preventative measures in containing this.

But I found out they have been screening and treating rooms with the following numbers: 9267-9280 and 9066-9080. They go through rooms between check outs and new check ins, also during the day they have been calling rooms and leaving messages to notify guests. That they are doing routine preventative services. Not all rooms have this roach issue, they are doing preventative measures in containing this.

Sounds like that is a big area and they are being extra cautious. Outside of your room, I wonder how many rooms had bugs?

Well, my two rooms are included in those rooms! Too bad it was too late for me! I am REALLY upset that they did not notify me during my stay!

Well, my two rooms are included in those rooms! Too bad it was too late for me! I am REALLY upset that they did not notify me during my stay!

Maybe they aren't in your rooms, they could be just starting out that far and closing down to the middle. This kind of thing it is best to work from the outside inward.

Obviously you of all people know about the problem with calling "the front desk". I would assume you had a different number to call, but you've said the front desk more than once. Do you think that you reached a call center at first, and that's why there were delays in hearing back or having anything done?

When we had our horrid mildew problem at SSR just before your stay, DH called the "front desk" despite my telling him that someone needed to GO to the front desk, but he did end up having a night manager call him back (who he met the next day in person), so he was ultimately talking to someone actually there in FL on property. But I know I wouldn't have been surprised to not hear back at all, since it's just too easy for balls to be dropped when getting word from a call center to the people there at the hotel.

I've actually lived in an apartment building under renovation that had a roach problem, and I learned that hair spray stops 'em nicely. Palmetto bugs, too, actually, which I learned when my mom lived in Miami. For whatever reason they don't bug me (ha) (though I do hairspray 'em to death). Something has to be actually venomous OR have 8 legs before it really freaks me out, but I get that others aren't as weird as I am!

And it just shows how different each individual stay is, that SSR was your saving grace, but SSR made me sick as a dog until we got to a new room, and then the computer problems nearly drove DH off a cliff.

Obviously you of all people know about the problem with calling "the front desk". I would assume you had a different number to call, but you've said the front desk more than once. Do you think that you reached a call center at first, and that's why there were delays in hearing back or having anything done?

When we had our horrid mildew problem at SSR just before your stay, DH called the "front desk" despite my telling him that someone needed to GO to the front desk, but he did end up having a night manager call him back (who he met the next day in person), so he was ultimately talking to someone actually there in FL on property. But I know I wouldn't have been surprised to not hear back at all, since it's just too easy for balls to be dropped when getting word from a call center to the people there at the hotel.

I've actually lived in an apartment building under renovation that had a roach problem, and I learned that hair spray stops 'em nicely. Palmetto bugs, too, actually, which I learned when my mom lived in Miami. For whatever reason they don't bug me (ha) (though I do hairspray 'em to death). Something has to be actually venomous OR have 8 legs before it really freaks me out, but I get that others aren't as weird as I am!

And it just shows how different each individual stay is, that SSR was your saving grace, but SSR made me sick as a dog until we got to a new room, and then the computer problems nearly drove DH off a cliff.

I do know the right numbers to call. I just give them out very often. But yes after I felt to be a redirected call on the first call out. I called from my cell phone to the numbers I had and got the night manager within minutes. SSR huh which room number, I may be able to get the check up on that.

Venom would you suggest we try and get into parterre in two weeks when we go? Also what floor were you on? I just would like to say away from the rooms that are being treated if possible. I'm sure they'd be fine but wondered what you thought. Thanks for the PM the other day. So sorry for all the troubles you had!

Venom would you suggest we try and get into parterre in two weeks when we go? Also what floor were you on? I just would like to say away from the rooms that are being treated if possible. I'm sure they'd be fine but wondered what you thought. Thanks for the PM the other day. So sorry for all the troubles you had!

I wouldn't if you have a river view room, the reason is I would try to stay in one that was treated because less likely they would be in there after being treated. But if your not the same room category then I'd move to parterre, it isn't that much further to get to. Plus some of the rooms even othe category ones are really close to the bridge and pool.

Ok. Thanks! We have a standard view royal room with no real specific request except that I'd like to be on an upper level. Not sure if I will request much other than what I did at online check in. Do you suggest I request anything else besides upper level? We arrive in 16 days.

Ok. Thanks! We have a standard view royal room with no real specific request except that I'd like to be on an upper level. Not sure if I will request much other than what I did at online check in. Do you suggest I request anything else besides upper level? We arrive in 16 days.

I would request to be put on the end closer to the foot bridge / pool area. That would put you near all of that and Laundry Facilities also if you end up wanting to do some laundry.

They literally caught bugs, roaches to be exact. So yeah, that's preventable and totally on Disney. As for the stomach bug? I'm a chef instructor and worked in the industry for years. I teach the food safety course that prepares students for both the NYC and ServSafe exams. Food poisoning is almost ALWAYS on the kitchen and it's almost always because of poor training and managerial controls. Someone didn't clean their board, wash their hands, temp their chicken, whatever.

I remember ordering a burger at POFQ on my first trip and the grill cook was actually temping the burger on the grill to make sure it was at a proper temp and I was really impressed by that level of managerial control there. BOG is new, probably has a lot of new cooks and the back of the house is probably hectic as anything as a result. While this may explain why something might have gotten through, it's certainly not an excuse for it.

The person I quoted literally caught a BUG. As in they were sick. They said they were ill and blamed it on Disney not using Lysol in their resort rooms. LTR ;)

It's so strange that you mention the bug issue. We stayed in a RR in October and did not see any bugs of any sort in our room, but we found a huge surprise in our suitcase when unpacking. I thought my 5 year old was joking when he said mommy I see a huge bug in that suitcase. He wasn't kidding!!!!!!! My husband said it was a palmetto bug, but I'm still grossed out from it. We put everything right in the wash and put the suitcases in huge storage bags outside in the cold (below freezing temps) to kill anything that may have been hiding. Now I'm just totally grossed out. So sorry your trip was not so magical:-(

Thanks for the slide photos! I know my kids are going to be asking, lol. :)

Looking forward to reading what you thought of MM and the Fantasmic Package. We will be at WDW in October and I'm not sure the Fantasmic package will be that big an advantage during that time, I'm thinking it might be somewhat uncrowded in the park during the week.

Thanks for the slide photos! I know my kids are going to be asking, lol. :)

Looking forward to reading what you thought of MM and the Fantasmic Package. We will be at WDW in October and I'm not sure the Fantasmic package will be that big an advantage during that time, I'm thinking it might be somewhat uncrowded in the park during the week.

We loved that package and VIP treatment! If you have ressies while your there for both MM and Tony's in MK another day. You won't need to go to Tony's. unless you want to eat similar food twice. MM is really nice! I love the food and you get a three course meal with desert in the package, but its not like the family style dining. You can pick your different courses from everyone else. You not forced to eat the same for everyone. Then when you get to fantasmic, you go up a separate entrance and sit in a much larger area. Thy get interactive with the crowd so sitting up front gets you in the spot light and on microphone, plus you may be singing in front of hundreds of people! But the show is amazing! I'll post up YouTube videos when I can.

The main pool and the slide look so odd without the water running. I don't think we've ever been by that area before or after hours. Gross picture of the roach. I hope they got the infestation taken care of by now.

We ate at BOG two nights ago for our birthdays. (DH and mine are 3 days apart.) He ordered the Cornish Hen despite what we read. Thankfully it was prepared perfectly and he fully enjoyed it. We ate there at preview week too. He had the Ratatouille that time, he preferred the Cornish Hen and will order that in May when we go back. I stuck with the Scallops and Shrimp. We also got the birthday cards and the gray stuff! But thankfully no one got ill!!! I was worried and a bit apprehensive after reading about your daughter.

We have done Fantasmic twice why do I not remember the interaction thing? We got the package, but now, I will make sure get in the interaction part because I know my DS and DD would get a kick out of that!!

We loved that package and VIP treatment! If you have ressies while your there for both MM and Tony's in MK another day. You won't need to go to Tony's. unless you want to eat similar food twice. MM is really nice! I love the food and you get a three course meal with desert in the package, but its not like the family style dining. You can pick your different courses from everyone else. You not forced to eat the same for everyone. Then when you get to fantasmic, you go up a separate entrance and sit in a much larger area. Thy get interactive with the crowd so sitting up front gets you in the spot light and on microphone, plus you may be singing in front of hundreds of people! But the show is amazing! I'll post up YouTube videos when I can.

Thanks! :hippie:

We have done Fantasmic twice why do I not remember the interaction thing? We got the package, but now, I will make sure get in the interaction part because I know my DS and DD would get a kick out of that!!

Maybe something new started in March, I dunno.

But yeah there is two CMs that walk around at the front row aka bottom and pick people out and get them to have a singing contest or whatever. Its to pump up the crowd, kind of like an opening act I guess.

No problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter