My experience upgrading tickets to Sorcerer pass w/price bridge

We paid $534 a ticket and received $501 per ticket.
SHe was charged less, not more, than she had figured the bridging would be. The computer or system probably price bridged, although the CM may not have known it. When they input the numbers on the tickets, etc, the computer may have been programed with the correct price Disney would have charged her, not what the reseller was charged. I doubt Disney would know and track that, there are just too many resellers. Also, OP, that price the CM told you, $2214 would have been a pre-tax price, as price with tax never comes out exact to the penny.
Reviewing this thread, I see that I quoted/replied to Gizmo74, when I should have quoted/replied to momoftwins, who paid $534/ticket to the authorized reseller and reported she was credited only $501/ticket when she upgraded. Although, now that I do the math, I see that $501 could be the pre-tax price because $534 would be the price after 6.5% tax was added. What I don't know is what the Disney price would have been - she states that she paid $534 to the authorized reseller, which presumably was a bit less than the Disney price. So maybe she did receive the correct amount of credit - how confusing - you really do need to know what the online Disney price was of your tickets when you bought them, before you try to upgrade!

Reviewing this thread, I see that I quoted/replied to Gizmo74, when I should have quoted/replied to momoftwins, who paid $534/ticket to the authorized reseller and reported she was credited only $501/ticket when she upgraded. Although, now that I do the math, I see that $501 could be the pre-tax price because $534 would be the price after 6.5% tax was added. What I don't know is what the Disney price would have been - she states that she paid $534 to the authorized reseller, which presumably was a bit less than the Disney price. So maybe she did receive the correct amount of credit - how confusing - you really do need to know what the online Disney price was of your tickets when you bought them, before you try to upgrade!

One thing I have also become aware of when comparing, the savings listed was not the actual savings when buying direct via Disney.

I think it’s important to check to know for sure the credit. One ticket I was looking at said a $36 savings. But when pricing it out on the Disney site, it was not that much. So the “bridge” amount will be less than what we thought it would be.

I just upgraded a 10-day PH from an authorized reseller to a Sorcerer's AP in person on Sunday 10/3. I paid $1314.76 for the 2 passes and the gate price was $1406.54. An SAP (what is the abbreviation?) is $1914.80. So, the difference between what I paid and the SAP would be $600.12 and the difference between that and the gate price would be $508.34.

I used the pass once and then upgraded it on the same day. I paid the difference between the GATE PRICE and the AP, so my price was bridged.

Please remember that you must post a link to businesses. I deleted several posts which were in violation of this.

Thanks all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter