My experience upgrading tickets to Sorcerer pass w/price bridge

JMHO, but I would not call Disney (ticketing or MS) and ask to be “price bridged”. As far as I know, and perhaps things have changed, but that was never an official term. To the best of my recollection, “price bridging” was a term invented by some posters here on Dis. Chances are no CM’s are familiar with the term.

Again, things can change, and I could be wrong.

JMHO, but I would not call Disney (ticketing or MS) and ask to be “price bridged”. As far as I know, and perhaps things have changed, but that was never an official term. To the best of my recollection, “price bridging” was a term invented by some posters here on Dis. Chances are no CM’s are familiar with the term.

Again, things can change, and I could be wrong.
There's an awful lot of that around here. People like to use what they think (but not always) is Disney jargon.

Did you call the DVC number and talk with a DVC CM or a regular Disney ticketing CM?
When I recovered my Gold pass, only a DVC CM could do it and I got passed around a lot. They never would give me a direct number. I had to leave my number and the DVC CM would then call me. Fortunately I was in at the time of the call.
And the gave me credit for purchasing through a reseller. $765 total per ticket which will activate in November IF COVID does not get worse and I can get down there.

Thankfully, they were able to bridge my tickets so it didn't really matter the difference between what I paid and what Disney saw on their end.

Slip up there I work with partners all the time it's a huge no no to tell a customer what their cost is.

I'm honestly not understanding why you would be upset at Disney for only offering to credit the amount they sold the tickets for, regardless of who that was. That's what they sold them for, that's what they are worth. They have no control over what a reseller changed or what you were willing to pay the reseller.

The value of the product is Disney's price not the discount of the reseller though what the reseller pays does not matter or at least hasn't.

If I buy tickets to a concert and the lead singer gets laryngitis and the band cancels and offers to refund tickets, they are going to refund at the face price, not the price I paid to TicketMaster or Stubhub (including their commission and fees) or the scalper I met in the parking lot.

I'm asking honestly.

Except in this case why people buy from a reseller is because their price is less than Disney. When Disney does the refund they do it based on what their price is not a discount a reseller worked out.

Think of it like buying a target gift card for the 5% off. When you go to Disney that $50 gift card is worth $50 not $45 like you paid. These reseller exist because they worked out with Disney long ago by giving them a 7% discount, which gives the customer a 5% discount, they all lock in more money up front.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to upgrade a 10 day ticket to an annual pass in the middle of their 10 days. Say on day 5 I wanted to upgrade. Does anyone know for sure if Disney applies the full purchase price to the annual pass or just the value of the days remaining on the ticket. I have called twice and chatted once with Disney and have got 2 different answers. All 3 said they were 100% correct, LOL. Just wondering if anyone here has done it?

The value of the product is Disney's price not the discount of the reseller though what the reseller pays does not matter or at least hasn't.

Except in this case why people buy from a reseller is because their price is less than Disney. When Disney does the refund they do it based on what their price is not a discount a reseller worked out.

Think of it like buying a target gift card for the 5% off. When you go to Disney that $50 gift card is worth $50 not $45 like you paid. These reseller exist because they worked out with Disney long ago by giving them a 7% discount, which gives the customer a 5% discount, they all lock in more money up front.

The "actual value" of the product is what you paid for it.

It's not a gift card, it's a tangible commodity. Look at it this way: Say you bought a car from your local dealership (who in turn purchased the vehicle from the manufacturer), and received some sort of mark-down off the MSRP, through either manufacturer subsidies or competitive pricing. If that vehicle turns out to be a lemon (under the appropriate state's lemon laws, the manufacturer isn't obligated to refund MSRP, just the amount paid to purchase the vehicle. That the amount may be less than the "sticker price" (face value of the AP) or may not be sufficient to purchase even an identical replacement isn't germane to the valuation. You were made whole by receiving the amount you paid out. You weren't entitled to some amount greater than what you initially paid.

I just don't see that you'd legally be entitled to any more actual damages than that. I'm sure someone will come along here in short order with some out-of-pocket versus benefit of the bargain valuation argument, but I'm just not seeing it.

Last edited:

The "actual value" of the product is what you paid for it.

Actually no it is not.

In the Enterprise Software industry it functions exactly how Disney functions with reseller tickets and how others deal with gift cards and subscriptions lots of times. The value of the product is A the partner buys at A * B% (discount) = C price and the consumer buys at C * D% (markup) = F consumer price.

When upgrading difference between Product 1 A price and Product 2 A price is used. It does not matter that a 3rd party gave you a discounted F consumer price or that you bought from the partner who got C price. It all maps back to A.

The goal of the upcharge is collect that difference between the Product 1 A price and Product 2 A price plus any applicable upgrade charges which Disney does not apply. Disney does not care about you paying the full cost they are wanting the difference between what you own and what you want to upgrade to.

Say you bought a car

Has nothing to do with this as its a very different product. That being said if you want to go down that route when you go to trade-in your car they don't care what you originally bought it for they are giving you the same regardless.

If that vehicle turns out to be a lemon

Has nothing to do with this since you don't have a lemon ticket you are purchasing an upgrade to an existing ticket. Like replacing your engine in your vehicle to get you a longer life on the vehicle.

I just don't see that you'd legally be entitled to any more actual damages than that.

Who is talking about damages legally? I am talking about how the system actually works and how Disney applies their policy similar to other large companies dealing with non-tangible products when dealing with partners/resellers.

Now if you sued Disney who knows what would happen but that won't happen as Disney likely would just write off the cost for the specific tickets impacted if legally purchased through an approved reseller/partner/3rd party.

Glad it worked out for you and you were able to upgrade your tickets . Hopefully we will have the same results

When I called to upgrade my 5 day park hopper, they applied the Disney price of the ticket without me having to say anything. I paid $607.37 for a ticket that Disney charges $649.84 for, and then paid $413.04 to upgrade to the Sorcerer's Pass with Memory Maker. So I guess if you call and they try to offer you a lower value, say thanks and try calling back?

2 weeks ago I upgraded my unused 10 day park hoppers purchased through a reseller at a discount to Sorcerer Annual passes. We were credited the full current value of a 10 day park hopper plus the calculated NY State tax towards to Annual passes. I spoke to DVC Member Services and eventually to ticketing. Both were experienced cast members.

2 weeks ago I upgraded my unused 10 day park hoppers purchased through a reseller at a discount to Sorcerer Annual passes. We were credited the full current value of a 10 day park hopper plus the calculated NY State tax towards to Annual passes. I spoke to DVC Member Services and eventually to ticketing. Both were experienced cast members.

Are you blue or white card holder?

Per the TPAS Ticket sticky https://www.disboards.com/threads/tickets-how-to-upgrade.3570721/, tickets bought from an authorized reseller should be valued at the online Disney price for that ticket when it was “minted,” not what the reseller paid Disney. So you did not receive the proper credit for your ticket. Also, “bridging” isn’t in Disney’s vocabulary, you simply wanted to upgrade your existing tickets. You should call Ticketing, because you were charged too much. Post your experience on that Ticket thread for more expert advice.
SHe was charged less, not more, than she had figured the bridging would be. The computer or system probably price bridged, although the CM may not have known it. When they input the numbers on the tickets, etc, the computer may have been programed with the correct price Disney would have charged her, not what the reseller was charged. I doubt Disney would know and track that, there are just too many resellers. Also, OP, that price the CM told you, $2214 would have been a pre-tax price, as price with tax never comes out exact to the penny.

Why would they credit you NY state tax?

Because otherwise you would be paying taxes on that ticket amount twice?
You are charged FL state tax on Disney tickets, regardless of where you live. I cannot think of what circumstances they would be charged NY state tax.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts