My Dr. kicked us out of the practice!! (Long tale ahead!)

Well I have called the office at least 3x, left message for her, and she has yet to call me back. I started calling again TODAY...and will continue to call until she calls me back or gets on the phone.

Avoidance is her new policy....I will keep you updated

Write her a letter, send it certified with only her being able to sign for it, with your request for copies of your medical records.

Put a cc. on the bottom to your attorney. Not saying you have to actually send it to your attorney, but just do the cc.

I know a lot have people have mentioned my records, and I guess I did not clear this up..

As I was leaving, I was given the paperwork to fill out and send to them with my new drs info on it, so my records can be sent to them.

Oh, OK. So when you get your new MD, complte that form and you can get your records to him/her that way.:thumbsup2

Now, as far as the old MD. I'd write to your state's medical association and tell your story. You might even want to put in your letter that you are not sure that the MD actually knows what is going on with his office staff, but, regardless of that, the buck stops with him...it's his practice so he bears the ultimate responsibilty for what happens and what his staff does. Keep the letter factual. What you said, what they said, the fact that you did not receive any certified letter stating they were removing you as patients etc. You might want to call your state's medical association to see what the rules are for an MD who wants to remove someone from their practice, just so you have some facts to base your complaint on.

I'd take a copy of the letter and send it to the MD in a way that forces him, and only him, to sign for it. It can be done. Now, perhaps he will sign for it, toss it at his office staff and say "handle this" but I would think that if I were an MD and I got a letter that I had to sign for, I'd probably take a glance at it. Truth be told, he probably has no idea what's going on in his practice as far as the office staff's treatment of patients...not that it excuses him.

Truthfuilly Dax, I know you said he's a good MD and a nice guy, but realistically, anyone with so little regard for his patients that he thinks nothign of a 2 hour wait really isn't a good MD.

I'm sorry to read about this!

The only thing I would add is I would go in person to this office. Request for copies of the medical records and find out how long it will take to receive them and how much it will cost. Get it in writing. The cost can be quite high and the "less than professional" wife can really try to stick it to you in the end with this. Ask if this is the customary charge (or ballpark).

Good luck with it all. In the long run, they did you guys a favor. You've seen their true colors now. They aren't an office that can be trusted. Not a good place to be. But I'd be P.O.ed with the treatment and I'd probably pursue it from that aspect.

Now I'm wondering if I should say something to my doctor to see if she knows how slow he is.
I would say something.

I had a situation with my long-time doctor in which I went to her office six times in six months for my annual exam. I had to leave five of those times because the wait was "at minimum" more than 2 hours, they could give me no timeline for when I'd get in but it might take much longer than 2 hours. Two fo those appointments were for her first appointment of the day and yet when I got there and asked, I was told it was at least a two hour wait. I simply did not have that time to waste.

When I finally saw her in the 6th month, she took me to task for 'walking out' on my appointments.

Ooooh, boy. :mad: That was the wrong thing to say to me. I asked her if she realized that her office was being run in such a way that patients were waiting 2 hours or more to see her. She was astonished. Apparently NO ONE else had complained to her. We then reviewed my appointment history and not only did she realize that I'd been right that I'd walked out after waiting for more than 1 hour each time, she was aghast to find out that one day -- when I'd waited nearly an hour -- she had not even been scheduled to work! So I could have waited all freaking day and I would have never been called.

She looked at me and said, "What were they thinking out there?"

I told her I had no idea, but I was sick of this and I wondered how she would feel if someone had an illness that was not caught early because the staff's shenanigans made it impossible for someone to actually be seen by a doctor.

Long story short -- next time I went in, her entire office staff had been replaced with new people and that problem NEVER happened again.

First of all, I am shocked that a Dr. would write a prescription for a person who is technically not his/her patient!
Secondly, You mention previous head bumps. I would not want to be the patient of medical staff that has a personal problem with me. I would be afraid that personal feelings would keep he/she from giving me proper treatment. I say ask family, co-workers, friends if they can recommend a good doc.
I totally agree.

Why this doctor might be very personable, I would have dropped him already and found a new doctor. There's no way that I would put up with their shenanigans.

Any thing more ever become of this? Did you get in touch with the Doctor himself?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter