My Disney Secrets Compilation

Thanks for all the secrets. I am definately going to print this out before I leave for my next trip. :thumbsup2

The original post where I pulled a lot of this information out at can be found at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=844318

One afternoon I just scanned through and copied out the interesting things we wanted to look for. I can state that the basketball thing isn't a myth according to a good source, yet if you go to the book store on main street, there's an older lady there that shot the rumor down with a passion.

The basketball court was featured in an 8-10 minute on-demand segment in the travel section provided by Comcast. So I've "seen" it. ;)

I've read thats not George Lucas on Star Tours rather a look alike! Just what I heard!:confused3

I have an 11 page list of things I've gotten from the Dis, but something tells me that's too much!!! Not to mention several items would reppeat what's already been posted. :)

Park Entrance

Disneyland is actually built on a slight slope. why? Because Walt wanted people to work their way into the park, going uphill. This also makes the illusion that all the building is taller. Walt also wanted the downhill to make it easier to go home knowing ppl would be tired.

From what I know, DL isn't built on a slope for the building illusions. The buildings are built by forced perspective where the first floor of the buildings are normal while the second stories are smaller to of course make the castle look far away when walking in the park and the train station look close when exiting the park.

Intersting facts!!

Here is a couple more, that many may know, the organ in the Ballroom scene in HM is actually the same organ used in the movie 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

Some of the pirates in POTC were actually designed to look like the original imagineers who designed the ride.

On one of the first boats to go through POTC rode Aniheims current fire marshall. When entering the fire room at the end of the ride, the fire looked so real he thought there was actually a fire!

HM was originally designed to be a walk-through attraction, with a path leading to the HM from Main St.

I have read in one of my books that behind the HM is a pet cemetery where some CM bury their pets.:scared1:

Thats all I can think off of the top of my head, if I remember more I will post them!!

Adding to the 'real' fire effect, if there is ever a real fire in POTC the burning scenes have to be turned off so the firefighters can tell the difference.

Locations of all the Hidden Mickeys at City Hall?

I'm so checking that out come October :)

I believe the Hidden Mickeys list was only available for the hidden 50's that were designed for the 50th anniversary. As for real Hidden Mickey's there is no official list because for a long time Disney Imagineers didn't even acknowledge that they existed.

Awesome, I printed the secrets list so thank you!

I am wondering about the snow white apple though. I thought it was gone for good now, it was gone when I was there last is it back?

Woo :)

I looked at the same thread where all these were posted before and remember them all. It makes me feel cool that I already know haha :)

Locations of all the Hidden Mickeys at City Hall?

I'm so checking that out come October :)

Yo cousin ! They don't actually have the list at City Hall, I was talking to your sis and we might buy the book :) Even better. WOOOOO !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter