My Disney Planning Binder

I just booked my ADR's this morning, and Dh said, well, you're done planning, right.:rotfl2: MOOOOAAAHHH (That's supposed to be an evil laugh!)

I bought a bagallini to take in the parks, do you take this binder in the park with you? I was trying to think of something that I could convert into taking into the park, also.... Or would it be best to have a mega mondo binder like this, and then just make a separate sheet for the day (maybe 2 copies of each day at a glance page) to put in...

HELP!! MY inner (who am I kidding, everyone knows) OCD is dying to get going!

I just booked my ADR's this morning, and Dh said, well, you're done planning, right.:rotfl2: MOOOOAAAHHH (That's supposed to be an evil laugh!)

I bought a bagallini to take in the parks, do you take this binder in the park with you? I was trying to think of something that I could convert into taking into the park, also.... Or would it be best to have a mega mondo binder like this, and then just make a separate sheet for the day (maybe 2 copies of each day at a glance page) to put in...

HELP!! MY inner (who am I kidding, everyone knows) OCD is dying to get going!
I will be taking my mega binder (passporter) for the room, and then making a little notebook (like the start f this thread) to take to the park for notes etc.

I also made this today, to take with me so I know times etc if I need to park hop:

W1.jpg

Once it's finished it'll be colour coded by which parks are busiest/quiestest which days and also relevant park times and ADRs etc. I will stick a copy into my little park notebook.

Now all I need to do is try and wait until July for the park hours!!! :hyper:

flipflopmom- I made mine ( the one on the first page) with the intent of being able to take it into the parks. It fits easily into my Overland Donner.
Of course I got to the parks and wound up keeping it in the room and using my VB Hipster instead LOL. What I wound up doing, and plan for this next trip, is having the old index cards with daily info on them for whatever purse I take- and I'm a hack writer so I always ALWAYS have some sort of little notebook for taking notes, etc.

torsie- VERY NICE spreadsheet!!! :)

Haven't had any time to work on mine- too busy with work and everything else. Also, went to my local scrapbook store and was disappointed with the Disney stickers they had

Can't wait to see some pictures of everyone else's though!

That is very creative, I started one a while back and just stopped. Makes me want to start one again.

ooh! i really LOVE this idea!
I have an overly-preparing, creative side that's always dying to come out, but i never know the right way to let it. :goodvibes this is the perfect way! haha.
I always seem to be looking up information for all of my family's trips, even in the super-far-in-advance stage i'm in right now.
A question to all who make these lovely little planners: how soon before your vacation do you start your book?
I will probably make one pretty soon, though my next trip isn't for some time. =]

wdwislife.....I am going early Oct this year and I started mine just after reading Kats post here. I have it all filled in w/ stuff I know now, like my flight info/resort info/ CS and TS rest's I'd like to possibly book/ dates of the MNSSHP...stuff like that. I'm kind of in a lull w/ it, waiting for my 90 mark to make all my ADR's so that I can start filling in more of the pages.

My DD(6) absolutely loves what I'm doing and she has started her own. Too cute!

Good luck to anyone starting one, it's lots of fun and very addicting!
Carrie

Started my planner for my Sept trip when I got home from last trip in Feb.
After this, it'll be at least a year before I go again.... but I typically start the whole "planning" thing 6-8 months in advance :)

ooh! i really LOVE this idea!
I have an overly-preparing, creative side that's always dying to come out, but i never know the right way to let it. :goodvibes this is the perfect way! haha.
I always seem to be looking up information for all of my family's trips, even in the super-far-in-advance stage i'm in right now.
A question to all who make these lovely little planners: how soon before your vacation do you start your book?
I will probably make one pretty soon, though my next trip isn't for some time. =]
I'm starting mine soon and go in October, but you should start yours whenever you want to!!

The longer you have to do it the more beautiful it'll turn out in the end!! :)

Haha that is true torsie24--I hope I can make mine beautiful like the ones I see on this thread!
Also, my super OCD side decided to make an appearance today when I made a planner FOR my WDW planner. =]

I had admired these pretty planning books but had no intent to make my own. Why bother? All my notes, lists, and ADRs were saved into neat excel and word documents to print before we go.

and then...

my computer crashed! Four weeks to go and I lost everything. Should have made the journal, I guess. I am now! I'm just using an old mini photo album laying aournd, slipping in graph paper (so I have lines either way I turn it) with just a little embellishing. I will be making a proper scrapbook when we get back so I'm not putting in the extra effort here. Luckily we don't have curbside recycling so stuff builds up a while before I take it to the center... I found our ADRs still in there. Other info like the emails from the airline and Disney are also on DH's computer.

Haha that is true torsie24--I hope I can make mine beautiful like the ones I see on this thread!
Also, my super OCD side decided to make an appearance today when I made a planner FOR my WDW planner. =]
:lmao: That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

So I went out and bought supplies to start out on the journey that is my planner :)
I was surprised at the GREAT selection of disney stickers, and other scrapbooking supplies, at Michael's!
I recommend it to anyone else starting one of these.

I love this idea!!!! I made a planning notebook for our last trip, but it wasn't as cute....just a decorated spiral. I may have to start making one now

Here's another tip to share.

I plan using Excel spread sheet starting months in advance. Then I print out the sheets and put them top loading clear sheet protectors (which are 3-hole punched already) and then into a 3-ring binder.

The binder is floppy style so it can bend a lot when cramming it into my carry-on bag. Once at the resort I can leave the binder in the room and just pull out the sheet protector for the day.

Here's the advantage to the sheet protectors - they don't get the paper inside sticky or stained from sun lotions or food. AND they roll up nicely inside the purse. They unroll nicely too so the paper inside does not bend or tear.

And tossing extra protectors in the purse is good for things I pick up during the day - park maps, paper menus from those restaurants that let you keep them, receipts, bus trading cards, Disney dollars, etc.

My travel companions also receive copies of the excel spreadsheets in their own sheet protectors so they all have copies then of the ADR #'s, important WDW phone numbers and every other thing. They are nice to journal on when there are changes in plans, daily surprises and special moments we don't want to forget. They all add these 'souvenir' planning sheets to their scrapbooks when we return.

hope you like our idea

Hi everyone! Just checking in to see how everybody's binders are coming along :)

DisGal I am a big fan of sheet protectors :thumbsup2 That is a great idea. I actually have a sep. not fancy binder with lots of restaurant menus printed out and other planning info that I don't take to WDW with me that I need more for planning the trip ahead of time. And that junk is all in sheet protectors.

Wdwislife- I heart Michaels. they have the best selection of what I've seen. Been very very good staying away from there for a while now so as to not spend gobs of money on scrappin stuff LOL!!

Bianca- oh no what a mess!!! I keep a spiral notebook where I write down info as I make reservations, then transfer it all into my binder. Did you find all the info you needed? HUGS and good luck

OK gang, here are some more ideas for those of you starting out. As I posted earlier, this is a 5.5 x 8.5" day planner book that I personalized for our family. (Dissers from the Creative forum may recognize some of their work here ;) for which I thank you). The book zips all the way around which helps to keep everything together.

Outside spine (sticker on the spine I purchased from Michaels):
000_0044.jpg

Inside (notice zip pocket, credit card slots, etc):
000_0045.jpg

000_0046.jpg

One of many planning sheets:
000_0047.jpg

Resort Information:
000_0048.jpg

Park specific dividers. On the back of the title page I put park maps:
000_0049.jpg

000_0050.jpg

Front Cover pocket (great for passports, boarding passes, etc):
000_0051.jpg

And last, but not least, the super handy handles! (they go in when not in use):
000_0052.jpg

There is another divider for each of the following:
Disney Cruise (our first, and boy is this section is getting full!)
Dining
"Mousellaneous"
"Money Matters" which I have included credit card company phone numbers, travellers cheques numbers, trip payment information, etc.
I also made my own Disney notebook paper:rolleyes1
And yes, before you ask, my family thinks I am insane!

Begin building your own planning book/binder at your own risk!

How did you create your pages/dividers/etc? I've been wanting to do something just like yours and your pages look perfect!:thumbsup2 Please help!:worship:

How did you create your pages/dividers/etc? I've been wanting to do something just like yours and your pages look perfect!:thumbsup2 Please help!:worship:

I find a lot of the images I used in my binder on the internet, you can find almost anything in Google. Most of the images I found by cruising through the Creative DISigns board here on the DIS. There is a lot of talent on that board.
I make the grids/tables using microsoft word. I think a lot of people around here may use One Note by microsoft but I haven't taken the time to figure it out.
HTH, good luck!! Be careful, these binders can become very addicting!!!
:goodvibes

Kristy- You can buy dividers for a regular 8x11 sized three ring binder and trim them down to fit. You have to punch new holes in it obviously but they work great! At least that's what I did, which I think was Mickey'sBestGirl's suggestion but I can't remember.

With a little playing around, I even figured out how to trim down the 'pocket dividers' to fit- which YAY, because I have this huge love for pocket dividers.

I have a sep. pocket divider for each day of the trip, which holds that day's ADR etc information card and a Mousekeeper envelope. And I usually wind up stuffing things in it that day.

Then, at the back, I have a different non-pocket set of dividers for each park, where i'll have like park hours and maps and things.

No pictures yet cause I'm still working on it but HTH! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter