My Dad Passed Away Friday

I know exactly how you feel. My dad passed away last Sunday (9/22). He was only 3 days away from his 94th birthday. He was determined to hang on until then and eat ice cream cake, but it wasn't to be. My sister and I got to the hospital in time to watch him take his final breaths. My mom and brother got there just as the nurses were checking to confirm that he had passed. He was my hero and one of the finest people I've ever know. My condolences to you on your dad's passing. We both have our memories to share and that will bring us comfort.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful Dad, and lived life to its fullest.

I know exactly how you feel. My dad passed away last Sunday (9/22). He was only 3 days away from his 94th birthday. He was determined to hang on until then and eat ice cream cake, but it wasn't to be. My sister and I got to the hospital in time to watch him take his final breaths. My mom and brother got there just as the nurses were checking to confirm that he had passed. He was my hero and one of the finest people I've ever know. My condolences to you on your dad's passing. We both have our memories to share and that will bring us comfort.
Aww. So sorry to hear that. :hug:

Smokeyblue, I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

Luv Bunnies, you too. I'm sorry for your loss. :hug:

I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

I have lost too many to the "beast". Hate the "c" word. Latest one was my cousin's/funeral was yesterday. I lost my dad, my sister (47), my brother-in-law (47) and my very good friend/neighbor of 25 years to the beast. My mom also had breast cancer bud did not pass from cancer.

Like MaryJo, they are all now forever in my heart and in my dreams. Some days I cry and some days I smile at the memories.

I'm so sorry to hear that. Glad you were able to be there with him. I think being there was part of me being able to start moving on because I knew it was just time to let go. I think I would have a lot of questions about what was and could have been if I hadn't been there. My condolences again.

He does sound like he lived a full life, full of family and accomplishment. I'm sorry you had to lose him. May he R.I.P.

I’m so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad in January of 2016 followed by my mom in October of 2017. In fact it was 2 years ago today. The only thing that makes me feel better is knowing that they are together again.

I lost my father in 2004 unfortunately I also lost all memory of him at that point and still have no memory of him at all. My mother passed in 2014 but I have memories that help with that loss.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest