My Dad Passed Away Friday

I've been away and just saw your post now. I'm so sorry :hug:. I lost my mom to cancer in '97, and know how hard it is. Your description of him is lovely, and I'm glad he had some special time with you before the end.

I am sorry for your loss. Your tribute to your father was lovely and touching; I can tell you felt his love as a great blessing in your life.

You've got my deepest condolences. The only times I get to spend time with my parents now are in dreams. I hope you have happy ones that leave you smiling through your tears. :hug:

I am heartbroken for your loss. My dad developed cancer when I was in high school and was gone too soon. I think about him every day.

Thank you for starting this thread so that we can hear about your dad. I hope you find some comfort in sharing.

I’m so sorry for your loss. He sounded like a great guy. Heaven got another good one!

At the end of the day it's the memories one leaves behind that count, and it looks like your dad left very loving ones for you. Take comfort in them. You did your father proud in your description of him. May your family be spared further sorrow. :hug:

So very sorry for your loss Cancer is a beast an ravages not just the patient but the whole family is affected :hug::sad: prayers for strength through this difficult time

Thanks everyone for the condolences and kind words. My dad's funeral is in a few hours and in pure comic fashion I'm already being tested in the "carry on" portion of my earlier comments. My basement is flooded at my brand new truck is in the shop with engine problems! I've got two pumps going in the basement to get the water out and I convinced Chevy to give me a loaner. Not sure if my sump is truly toast or had just overheated, but I watched some how-to YouTube videos I'm considering replacing it myself. I gotta figure this stuff out on my own and the time is now. Wish me luck.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter