My best friend is on my nerves...

preshi

<font color=red>Proud Sister of A United States Ma
She is the one going to Las Vegas with me. I've asked her 100 times if she could afford to go. If she couldn't then we wouldn't go. Our airfare and hotel cost exactly the same amount so one of us pays for one thing one of us pays for the other. I already payed for the plane tickets. I ALWAYS end up paying for more than my fair share and I am sick of it. Now today right now she is pulling this.... " I am so stressed out, I am so broke" WELL then you shouldn't have told me you could go. I'm not paying her share this time. I've already payed in full for another trip we are going on in 2 more weeks to go see a concert in Tahoe. If you can't pay....don't play. I'm so fustrated right now!

Maybe it's time to stop making plans with your friend....if she continues to be unreliable, and continues to b!tch about how broke she is she shouldn't be making plans with you in the first place.

JMHO.

Hope your trip goes through, and that you end of having a great time anyway!

Explain to her how this really puts you in a bind. Tell her that it is not fair for her to assume you will be picking up the tab for all your trips together. Tell her that you understand her financial situation but can not put any more stress on YOUR wallet. Tell her she can make this up by babysitting (at a very reduced rate) and go to Las Vegas with your hubby!

{{{{{hugs}}}}} Good luck, I've known people like this too :(

Oh, Preshi, boy do I feel for you! We have gone on a cruise with good friends every year for the last 4 years. I have always made all the arrangements, paid for the trips on my CC, and they've always paid me back. This year they cried poor 2 weeks before our cruise- I'm still owed almost 2,000.00 . I know I'll get paid eventually, but like you said, don't play if you can't pay. It was frustrating watching them spend money like water on the trip when they owe me so much. Hang in there Preshi!

i know where you are coming from. my cousin (who is my best friend) is the same way. she is going on the disneyworld trip with us in sept. i told her in plenty of time to save up the money for her ticket, that is all she has to pay for, and yesterday she started her whining about being broke and she may have to borrow money for her ticket. i want her to go so i will loan her the money (that i am sure i wont get paid back), but it gets a little old. just say from the start, i cant afford it and i cant go. i hope your plans work out and you dont have to put out any more $$$.

Originally posted by Kteacher
...... I'm still owed almost 2,000.00 . I know I'll get paid eventually, but like you said, don't play if you can't pay. It was frustrating watching them spend money like water on the trip when they owe me so much. ..........

Did you say anything? I'm bit sure I would have been able to keep my mouth shut.

Thanks guys. There is no way I can take someone else because the plane tickets are non transferrable. It really ticks me off because she makes more money than DH and I combined and she she does spend alot of it taking care of her family but she also spends alot of it buying tons of clothes and make up and hair stuff. It's like she knows we are going on this trip refrain from spending....it's not that hard. $270 is CHEAP for a trip to Vegas... we spent more than that last time we went. I am annoyed ! Thanks for letting me vent!

{{{hugs}}}

Consider yourself lucky that you are only out $270. An ex-friend of mine once spent over five grand of my money. When I saw him driving around in his expensive new car with his expensive little golddigger by his side, I realized that I don't need a friend like that! Someday karma will bite people like that right in the ;)

My sister and dad are just like that. It is frustrating! {{{hugs}}}

Well.... I just told her we were going to have to go to the free clubs because I just checked my bank acct and there wasn't any money in it. She said " Great how are WE going ot pay for the hotel" HELLO!!!! Thats not what we agreed on yesterday!:mad: :mad: This whole trip is just going to tick me off I can tell!

That stinks! Sorry to hear it Preshi. You always want to believe the best of people. I always hate when they disappoint!:(

And now she just told me to cancel! I am furious right now and in tears! If I cancel not only do I lose the $100 deposit but the plane tickets which are non refundable are no good! $363 down the drain! :( I am so upset!

{DIShugs} here!!!

With all due respect she still owes you her portion of the expense. I hope she rises to the occasion.

:mad: So sorry to hear that Preshi! Does she understand that you are going to lose that money? Does she intend to pay you her half of the lost money? Whatever her response to that is, you know what kind of a friend she is.
{{{hugs}}}

Hope things work out the best for you.

I have a similar friend, but doesn't pay because he's mostly a cheapskate. Gets out of buying birthday presents for friends and promises to pay me back when he gets more money. His name ends up on the card, but he never does pay me. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter