Mvmcp

jiminyC_fan

DIS Veteran
Help set me straight. I am confused. On MVMCP they close the park down at 5:00 right? And then those with tickets can reenter for the party. So do I understand it right that you can make ressies for Liberty Town for dinner and not have to leave the park? Thanks!

They changed the policy last year. You are now welcome to enter the park anytime after 4pm with your MVMCP ticket (or MNSSHP ticket if anyone is going to that). They will issue you a wristband and when the park is officially closing for the day guests they will direct you to Tomorrowland and Fantasyland (where they will be checking for wristbands) until the park is cleared of the day guests and the party officially starts. That was how they did it last year... this year at the Halloween party they are not making you go into a designated area and wait they are just checking for the wristbands and clearing out those that do not have them (in years past they have only issued wristbands until the park was called clear of day guests by security this year however they are issuing them to everyone even if you arrive an hour before the party ends just so there is no question as to who is/is not suppossed to be there.)

You can still make a PS for the resturants if you wish but it is not necessary as they will not ask you to leave the park between the "official" closing time and the start of the party.

If I'm understanding this correctly we should be allowed into the park with just our MVMCP tickets after 4? I have ressie @ CP for 5:05 so I want to get in early and get my wristband before I eat.

DisneyCP2002
Correct, even if you get there at 4:05 you use your party ticket in the turnstile machine and the CM working said turnstile machine will put a wristband on you.
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

It's best to go early and get in the park. The first year we went, we waited and saw long lines to get in. Last year, we got to the MVMCP around 5pm and MNSSHP around 4:30pm. They put the wristband on you and away you go!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is open between closing the park and starting the party? Is it just PS resturants? Or are the attractions and shops open then too?

Thanks!!!

That is a good question, Tigger's Mom. What is open before and even during? Anybody have an answer?

Regular closing is 6:00pm. I know the Emporium closes between 6:00pm and 7:00pm, people line up for the 7:00 reopening to get the special party pin. Last year MVMCP guests were asked to go to Tomorrowland after the 6:00pm fireworks until 7:00pm. The rides there were open, don't know about the rest of the park. It used to be they closed the park completely and you had to reenter for MVMCP. Now they try to herd out the regular guests while the MVMCP are coming in at the same time.

You get MVMCP button/pin when you have family photo taken.::yes:: :wave2: :wizard:

Originally posted by danny1649
You get MVMCP button/pin when you have family photo taken.::yes:: :wave2: :wizard:

The Emporium sells special pins available only to party guests. It isn't the same as the free button you get with your free photo.

So, we're eating at Ohanas at 5 the night of MVMCP. Will we be able to enter the park when we are done even though the park is technically "closed"? Or do we need to wait for the official start time of 7? I'm just really confused. Thanks

OK, I think I'm a little confused. What happens to the people who are already in the park that day and who also have MVMCP tickets. Do they have to leave the park and then come back in? The last time we went to MVMCP we were under the impression we were suppose to do that, but were later told we did'nt have to and could get our wrist band where we had our ressie at. We have a ressie for dinner at CP. We would love to really know for sure what to do so we don't waist to much time in confusion trying to find out. Any help would be appreciated.

Michele

If we eat at the CP around 4:30, I'm hearing you all say that we can stay in the park until the Party starts. Where do you get the special event park maps? Are they available anywhere besides the entrance gates? This will be our 1st Christmas Season visit and I don't want to miss anything!

Thanks for all the great info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter