MVMCP - Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know...

is there a listing of what the "premium nights" are for 2009? I'm thinking of going with DW and DD4 on Friday, December 4th.

From allears.net :

discount not available Nov 29, Dec 4, 11, 17-18; price is same as Day of Event tickets

dawnandnala

And I don't think anyone could pay me to attend the last one of the season on a Friday (12/18/09). :rotfl2:

Hmmm, that's quite encouraging;) we are planning on attending the last party, as we are arriving late on Thursday and Friday is our only option! So, it'll be crowded, but, we'll be in Disney World! I'm gonna have fun regardless!!:santa:

Hmmm, that's quite encouraging;) we are planning on attending the last party, as we are arriving late on Thursday and Friday is our only option! So, it'll be crowded, but, we'll be in Disney World! I'm gonna have fun regardless!!:santa:

Sorry! :rolleyes1 Of course we'll all have fun regardless. I guess sometimes I let the planning craziness go overboard.

Sorry! :rolleyes1 Of course we'll all have fun regardless. I guess sometimes I let the planning craziness go overboard.

LOL, no worries! If I had my choice, I would have picked an earlier party date, but with DD still in school, we had to go with the 18th! Here's hoping for not so large crowds!:santa:

Three years ago when we used the 40% discount online, we were able to apply the discount to our entire order -- not just the party pictures. Not sure it still works that way now though.

should I expect smaller crowds on a non-premium night? or about the same? I'm now debating on whether or not to go on Dec. 1st instead of Dec. 4th.

we enjoyed MVMCP---we spent the day not going too hard and had a long 3-4 hour break for naps and rest before heading into MK at about 5 or so. We had dinner at Cosmic Ray's. Back when we went, they used to start closing the park at 6pm to non MVMCP guests. As we were leaving Cosmic Ray's, we saw guests asking to just come in and use the bathroom and they were told no, unless they had on a MVMCP wrist band. They were being pretty strict about shooing folks out of the park during that 6-7pm time frame.

We did not catch any of the shows, we simply aren't patient about waiting in lines 30 minutes to get a seat. Instead, we rode a ton of rides, with no lines during the first parade and enjoyed lots of hot chocolate and cookies! We saw lots of characters, checked out the dance party too. We did catch WISHES and LOVED It, my fav fireworks ever. We watched the second parade and the 2.5 yo with us managed to stay up for it. However, my mom and great aunt were fizzling out by then. THey grabbed seats in front of the ice cream shop and just relaxed and saw some of the parade by sitting way back. We pretty much left shortly after the parade, but we found we were able to ride a TON of rides that night with little or no wait. We went on a Tuesday night in early Dec.

we already ahve our tickets for this year for 12/15- again, on a tuesday, trying to avoid weekend crowds.

What characters did you get to meet? My son loves meeting them so that's one of our priority for the party? How was the dance party? My son loved the danced party when we went to Pirate and Princess party. Where is the dance party located? Thank you

Anyone else who went what characters did you meet?

Hi! We will be there the same time! We are planning on going to MVMCP on the 10th!:)

How exciting - your first trip & it's for Christmas & a birthday!:santa: Our first trip was that way too. :) You're going to have a great time!

We're going to MVMCP on the 8th.

We're going on 12/15 and are planning to spend the whole day at MK (no little ones with us!)... we want to do dinner at LTT before the party. Any suggestions on what time I should aim for? Thanks!!

I was planning on going to the party on November 10th. My only hesitation is whether the park will be decked out in Christmas decorations that early in the season, or will there be 1 lonely wreath hanging on the Guest Services door?:confused3 I hate to purchase tickets anticipating a Christmas party, and then get there and it is a party minus the Christmas. Has anyone attended one of the early parties and can give some insight??

How exciting - your first trip & it's for Christmas & a birthday!:santa: Our first trip was that way too. :) You're going to have a great time!

We're going to MVMCP on the 8th.

I´ll be there either the 8th or 10th. You think the 8th is a better option crowdwise angels momma? :confused:

Thanks

Three years ago when we used the 40% discount online, we were able to apply the discount to our entire order -- not just the party pictures. Not sure it still works that way now though.

I would love it if we were able to do this. But I am somehow doubting they still allow this.

What characters did you get to meet? My son loves meeting them so that's one of our priority for the party? How was the dance party? My son loved the danced party when we went to Pirate and Princess party. Where is the dance party located? Thank you

Anyone else who went what characters did you meet?

The last three years my DD19 and I went to the MCMVP and we loved it, even though we are both older! We thought it was really fun, and we never had big crowds any of the times we went, which was early to mid Nov each time, and even went more than once on a visit. DD loved the dance party and had fun dancing with Goofy last year. Goofy and Chip and Dale were there, don't know if others characters ever came. The party was always in the big room at Cosmic Rays. Have an awesome time!! :santa:

The last three years my DD19 and I went to the MCMVP and we loved it, even though we are both older! We thought it was really fun, and we never had big crowds any of the times we went, which was early to mid Nov each time, and even went more than once on a visit. DD loved the dance party and had fun dancing with Goofy last year. Goofy and Chip and Dale were there, don't know if others characters ever came. The party was always in the big room at Cosmic Rays. Have an awesome time!! :santa:

Thank you

We have tickets for MVMCP on the 12th of November. I know it's early to be in the Christmas spirit, but we are only at WDW for a few days, pre-cruise, and wanted to do this. To the poster who was wondering if the park would even be decorated for Christmas this early -- I can't see Disney NOT going whole-hog on Christmas decorations for a Christmas party, regardless of how early is might seem.

Our plan for the day of the party is to not even bother with regular park tickets. We are staying at Bay Lake Tower so we'll probably kill the day hanging at the pool or browsing shops until 4pm, then take advantage of the lighter crowds (supposedly pre-Thanksgiving is supposed to be lighter crowds anyway, and we are hoping that the earlier MVMCP won't be as busy either).

I'd like to try for watching the later parade and trying to get some rides in during the early one, but a lot depends on the kids and how tired they are. One plus is that our bodies will still likely be on Mountain Time (we arrive on the 10th), and it won't seem as late.

John

I'm going either Tuesday Dec 8th or Thursday Dec 10th. Anyone know if Pop Warner kids attend this event? Don't know which date to pick to avoid crowds. :confused3
Thanks.

Marquibiri

I was wondering the same thing (about the Pop Warner kids, that is!!) We already have tickets for 12/8:woohoo:, which also happens to be my son's 4th birthday. Wife says I'm beyond obsessed...

We're doing MVMCP almost specifically to see Holiday Wishes and the parade. I know that everyone suggests waiting to see the second parade, because it will be much less crowded. My problem is that I don't think everyone will be able to hold out until the later parade. :faint: Does anyone have a suggestion on a good spot to view the earlier parade, other than the Main St. sardine can? I'm thinking maybe somewhere in Frontierland?!?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter