Must Know tips for first time cruiser

Safety drill - keep you camera close by - great goofy pictures with you and your family in those big bulky (not as bad as they used to be) orange vest. Fun pictures.

You mean a picture like this?

9750395c.jpg

Oh my goodness I love love love all the advice you guys are giving and wow I couldn't possibly be more excited then I am but I probably will be bursting by the time the cruise date gets here!!

I have already decided to bring as few things as possible. I do want to bring one cute dress or a cute skirt I can wear with a lot of tops :) But I would ultimately love it if me and the husband can get all our clothes in one suitcase for a short cruise :)

Reservations for Palos are already gone for our cruise and I told my husband not to worry about it I wanted to enjoy the set dining rotation and we can save Palos for the 5 day cruise that I already told him I want to take HAHAH!!

The key for us is that I want to relax this cruise and have fun away from everything. I want to go to shows and enjoy the ship and I don't want to feel like I'm running the whole time. I'm not a sleeping in type person but I don't want to feel like I'm waiting up at 5am to run from place to place. You guys are awesome keep the tips and pictures coming!!!

Here's another tip...if you want prime seating/viewing for the sailaway party (you don't want to miss this huge adrenalin injection) you need to run not walk right from the lifeboat drill to deck 10 (9 if you prefer to dance than sit with a sailaway adult beverage ;-). There are a couple tables along the inside rail on deck 10 overlooking the dance floor (AKA Goofy pool). If you sit on the starboard side (closest to the port building) as soon as the ship starts moving after the countdown you can move over to the railing to watch the trip out of the canal. From the starboard side you'll pass very soon a couple of restaurants like Grills and Fishlips where many people go around departure time to watch the cruise ships leave...some have big white Mickey hands and will wave at you. It's an unbreakable tradition for our family...and how we start every cruise. The blowing of the ship's "when you wish upon a star" horn is usually synchronized the first time with the countdown, and then sounds at least once again as the ship is about to leave the canal.

You can still try to book a res at Palo as soon as you get on the ship, you never know, there could be a cancellation!

You mean a picture like this?

9750395c.jpg
well yes I do! Don't we all look good in Orange!!

We will forgive Michelle Obama's brother wearing an Orange scarf to the Inaguration - Since he is the head coach for the Oregon State University Beavers (School Colors: Orange and black)

We have taken the 3-day and 4 day cruise. Make sure you sign up to use the Rainforest room at the Vista spa. It was heavenly!!:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter