Music from Fanstasia

lusby305

Disney Addict, there is no cure!
Does anyone have the music from Fantasia that can be used for a ballet recital? My daughter's dance studio is doing a Disney theme this year, so I am providing some of the music that I have purchased on my trips to the parks and I am looking for the music from Fantasia.

Thanks for any help that can be provided. :flower3:

Here's the official soundtrack on Amazon.

Please note though, that these are classical masterpieces, not original Disney pieces, so you could also search for individual MP3s of each piece and buy just one, if you were interested. Many many different recordings exist of each of these pieces.

HTH!

Thanks Sorsha. I will check it out and narrow down the selections.

You can also get individual tracks off the "Fantasia 2000" album (though not, curiously, "Fantasia") at iTunes. Should note that a few of the classical pieces used in both Fantasias are different arrangements from what you may find in other classical music albums.

And if your recital is Disney-themed, don't forget the oftentimes amazing Disney scores!

Sorry for the doublepost, but here's the list of music from both Fantasias:

Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor

Selections from Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Ballet: "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy", "Chinese Dance", "Dance of the Flutes", "Arabian Dance", "Russian Dance" and "Waltz of the Flowers"

The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Goethe (this version is most easily acquired through iTunes via the Fantasia 2000 score)

The Rite of Spring (heavily edited down) by Stravinsky

Intermission Jam Session :)

The Pastoral Symphony by Beethoven

The Dance of the Hours by Ponchielli

Night on Bald Mountain by Mussorgsky

Ave Maria based off The Lady of the Lake by Schubert

Symphony #5 in C Minor by Beethoven

Pines of Rome by Respighi

Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin

Piano Concerto No. 2 in F Major by Shostakovich

The Carnival of the Animals Finale by Saint-Saens

Pomp and Circumstance by Elgar

The Firebird Suite by Stravinsky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter