Muppet Presents Great moments in History to end??

I just wrote to Disney a long (emotional) note asking them not to get rid of this. I am an 80s kid and the Muppets show at MK is my #1 want to do for our June trip next year. Seeing an original muppet live in person is something I have always wanted to experience.
Which email did you use???
I've grown up in the 80s in Europe with a very big Muppets-Fan as my Dad. We both love the Muppets until now and every time I visit Disneyworld my dad brings me his Fozzie Bear backpack "to take Fozzie home". And guess what: This backpack gains so much attention and love from visitors all ages in every park. There were also very hillarous moments with JJ at some of the "Great moments of history"-shows.
My mum, who is not a big fan, also fell in love with these. Even my sister, who doesn't understand our love for the Muppets, was looking forward to it for our 2020/21 trip.

I've grown up in the 80s in Europe with a very big Muppets-Fan as my Dad. We both love the Muppets until now and every time I visit Disneyworld my dad brings me his Fozzie Bear backpack "to take Fozzie home". And guess what: This backpack gains so much attention and love from visitors all ages in every park. There were also very hillarous moments with JJ at some of the "Great moments of history"-shows.
My mum, who is not a big fan, also fell in love with these. Even my sister, who doesn't understand our love for the Muppets, was looking forward to it for our 2020/21 trip.

I have gotten the most traction in the past writing directly to the executives:

George Kalogridis (President of WDW)
george.kalogridis@disney.com

Bob Chapek (Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts)
robert.chapek@disney.com

Bob Iger (CEO of Disney)
robert.a.iger@disney.com

It was the WDW customer service site.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/
I sent it to marketing and communications asking for them to forward it to the Muppet decision makers so I hope that goes somewhere.

I am sad to hear this. My wife and I finally got to see it last October while we were there by ourselves for anniversary. Kids never got to see it.

Real shame, it was pretty good.

This is one of the last straws for me... People were LOvING it this Friday when i was there and i really wanted to talk to the performers/staff that work on the ground during the show with headsets and tablets and find out whats going on but i refrained and just soaked in the shows while i was there. Kicking myself for not going over and begging and pleading for info or for not going to guest relations to whine about this. This is the plan to get us stoked about the 50th anniversary? cut all the special live performers and entertainment? I think they are in for a rude awakening in the upcoming months.

Perhaps they cut back as I haven’t made it to WDW if a few years, but there used to be 6 shows. They rotated and the shows were at different time slots each day. A cast member helped me work out a plan to see them all. I managed to catch 5 of them. They were awesome, but it was hot when we were there. Some shade would have been nice.

It's been the 2 shows since Muppets opened 3 years ago. They just were rotated throughout the day

This is one of the last straws for me... People were LOvING it this Friday when i was there ......

Question - are people normally loving it or did people stop by because word was out that it was closing? I would think since Disney knows exactly where you’re standing and who’s watching that they carefully weighed that against the cost of live performers.

Question - are people normally loving it or did people stop by because word was out that it was closing? I would think since Disney knows exactly where you’re standing and who’s watching that they carefully weighed that against the cost of live performers.
that i dont know - I would guess that the large majority of guests would be unaware of these kinds of things; but yes Disney would and does utilize all of that data; what i do know is that the reactions i saw on 9/13 were highly positive

Its being reported, Im not sure sure if I can list the website, that this is ending soon.

If so I'm hoping to see it before it goes. The times aren't listed for October.

I want to make sure I see it. Is every show a different one or is it the same show done multiple times a day? Thx. I love the Muppets!!
Not sure on a discontinue - however, there are 2 shows and they rotate back and forth throughout the day. Note that there is no shade so if you get there early - ask to hang out under the awning for HoP. The crowd doesn't really show until things start happening and all the main action is in the upper floor windows so views will be easy to find.

aw man, I'm heartbroken. I loved getting to see this so much! Every time we saw it (and even just when we passed by), it seemed like they had a pretty good crowd.

It's such a cute little show, and considering how there aren't a lot of walk-around characters, it's one of the few things that feels spontaneous and magical (even if it isn't spontaneous. But it's something you can just stumble on while walking around)

disneysource11 said:
As I've said in the past Muppets doesn't have enough of a following anymore. Disney also plans to replace the Muppets section in Hollywood Studios with Monsters Inc as well.
Will you please stop with this, it isn't happening
Yeah I have to agree, that doesn't make any sense. The only reason Muppets are in danger in DHS is because they are between Star Tours and SWGE. Replacing them with Monsters Inc. doesn't fix that.

The cancellation of the new Muppet show that was planned for Disney+ doesn't bode well for future of any Muppets at the parks. The last show didn't do very well and now this one is cancelled before production. The Muppetvision is very dated now too and needs some TLC that they likely won't want to invest in. Hate to see them go but i'd say teh show is the easiest thing to get rid of now and think Muppetvision is likely just a matter of time.

The cancellation of the new Muppet show that was planned for Disney+ doesn't bode well for future of any Muppets at the parks. The last show didn't do very well and now this one is cancelled before production. The Muppetvision is very dated now too and needs some TLC that they likely won't want to invest in. Hate to see them go but i'd say teh show is the easiest thing to get rid of now and think Muppetvision is likely just a matter of time.

Keep in mind that the cancelled show with Josh Gad was only one of the Muppet shows in development at Disney+, and the other is still a go.

We were there in mid August and there was a decent crowd (not packed but a fair amount of people) when we stopped by (obviously way before any inkling of it being cancelled was out there) ... it was also like 95 with 95% humidity so not ideal conditions for being out int he sun

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!