Multiple, multi-day park hopper passes on MDE

EpcotDrop

Earning My Ears
I'm heading to WDW next week and originally planned on going to park 5 days, so I bought a 5-day park hopper. Changed the plan to 3 days so I purchased a 3-day park hopper as well, because I will be heading back in April and can use the 5-day then.

Is there a way to let MDE know which tickets to use first? Or will I need to see ticketing or guest services before I head into a park?

I've done some searching and can't find this answer anywhere.

I've done this before and before entering a park on the first day, I visited the guest services outside the park. They were able to do some kind of magical thing and the correct passes were used.

I'm heading to WDW next week and originally planned on going to park 5 days, so I bought a 5-day park hopper. Changed the plan to 3 days so I purchased a 3-day park hopper as well, because I will be heading back in April and can use the 5-day then.

Is there a way to let MDE know which tickets to use first? Or will I need to see ticketing or guest services before I head into a park?

I've done some searching and can't find this answer anywhere.

You can also call tech help on this.

I *think* the tickets go by the order they are listed in MDE. But, definitely don't take my word for it. Either stop at Guest Relations before you try to use either, call tech support, or, instead of using your Magic Band, use the actual ticket card

I've used both Guest Services and IT help (407-939-4357) to make sure my tickets were in the right priority. If you don't want to wait in line, I suggest giving the IT number a try as it means you can just go straight to the park when you get there.

I always stop at Guest Services first and ask them to prioritize the tickets. After my first entry, I always double check and make sure the correct ticket was used.

Create a profile for a fake person in your MDE account. Transfer the ticket that you don't plan to use to that person. After your trip, transfer the ticket back.

Interesting idea! But I also have two tickets for my traveling partner on my account, so that might be more work than calling Guest Services or stopping at ticketing. Good to know for future solo-trips though!

As technology progresses, we lull ourselves into the notion that our self-serve ability to go onto a computer and click our way through life is always the best option. But here is one instance where an old fashioned telephone call is your best bet.

Interesting idea! But I also have two tickets for my traveling partner on my account, so that might be more work than calling Guest Services or stopping at ticketing. Good to know for future solo-trips though!
It's only more work until something goes wrong. And, honestly, creating two kids named Mickey and Minnie, then transferring the tickets will probably take less than the time you wait on hold or in line at Guest Services.

Can Guest Services in Disney Springs prioritize tickets? We can't reassign, due to having partially used non-expiring tickets on the account, but with an 8 AM park opening I would rather not have to go to Guest services that morning.

Can Guest Services in Disney Springs prioritize tickets? We can't reassign, due to having partially used non-expiring tickets on the account, but with an 8 AM park opening I would rather not have to go to Guest services that morning.

Guest Relations at all locations have the same capabilities.

Create a profile for a fake person in your MDE account. Transfer the ticket that you don't plan to use to that person. After your trip, transfer the ticket back.

This times a million.

There are plenty of reports on here of priority requests being done wrong. They can fix it, but at a huge time sink. Listen to @supersnoop, it's not only easy to do but also a guarantee you won't use the wrong ticket -- or both tickets.

Where is guest services located outside of Hollywood Studios? I have only seen the one just inside the gate on the left.
I recently realized they used non exp ticket days 2 trips ago instead of the 5 day ticket I put on the band for that trip - and I always had my son check in with the plastic ticket and not his band to avoid that. Prob can't be fixed now, but I want to be sure and protect other Non-exp days for everyone else on this trip.

Where is guest services located outside of Hollywood Studios? I have only seen the one just inside the gate on the left. ..

I haven't been to it, but I think its on the left as you face the entrance, start as if you were walking out to the parking lots.

I recently realized they used non exp ticket days 2 trips ago instead of the 5 day ticket I put on the band for that trip - and I always had my son check in with the plastic ticket and not his band to avoid that. Prob can't be fixed now, but I want to be sure and protect other Non-exp days for everyone else on this trip.

This was something I learned a few years ago that really surprised me. Apparently if the plastic ticket is linked to the MDE account, it opens you up to having other ticket media used instead. I learned it in relation to a party ticket, but the linked plastic ticket acts just like a magic band would.

This was something I learned a few years ago that really surprised me. Apparently if the plastic ticket is linked to the MDE account, it opens you up to having other ticket media used instead. I learned it in relation to a party ticket, but the linked plastic ticket acts just like a magic band would.

So glad you posted this. I have an unused 10 day ticket no expiration on my MDE account and will be going to MNSSHP and planned to scan the party ticket to avoid using the 10 day ticket in error. Sounds like I should transfer to one of my kids that will not be attending and transfer it back after.

This is possibly unhelpful, but maybe it will help in another way, but...I was just looking at prices, and a 3 day + a 5 day hopper is actually MORE than a platinum AP. For two trips inside of a 365 day period maybe upgrading tickets next week, and saving the other set of tickets for the future-future, would be better overall?

This is true. Currently, we each have three sets of tickets in addition to our APs linked to my MDE account. Prior to activating our APs, we only had plastic tickets so we were always super careful to scan the right ticket. We did not realize at the time that the tickets are merely linking back to our MDE account. Despite my husband using his physical AP card (we had not yet been issued our MagicBands), he used all of his days from a non-expiring ticket instead of his AP due to his AP being incorrectly prioritized.

Guest Relations was able to credit us those days back, but the new tickets are no longer non-expiring. Disney had done away with the non-expiring tickets by the time that we realized what had happened.

Can you do this for partially used tickets or is it for only tickets that haven’t been used?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts