Mugs and Switching Resorts

mom-2greatkids

Mouseketeer
We will be splitting up our Jan 2003 stay between ASMu and AKL. Do I need to buy mugs at each resort or will one transfer over to another? We have bought mugs in the past, but this is our first time switching resorts.

Thanks!

Officially, the mugs are only valid at their labeled resort.

Mara at AKL seems to be pretty free-wheeling about mugs. But that's only my observation from January. Whether or not you feel comfortable marching up to the fountain with another resort's mug(s) would be entirely up to you.

We often split our stays, and I have never had trouble using one mug at another resort. I have also taken old mugs back for another resort stay. My husband usually buys a new mug though.

Resort mugs are only good at the resort at which they were purchased, or "sister resorts" like POR & POFQ. When we were staying at AKL in June a CM politely told a guest using a different mug, that Mara mugs were available to purchase to use while staying at AKL. They may be watching this a little more closely since it is rumored that mugs will eventually be coded for use only during 1 stay. I have never taken a chance, even though we have a cupboard full of resort mugs, we buy new ones for each stay.

Mara is a small food court and that could be the reason.

We always buy a mug at what ever resort we are staying at.

Then if we go back we take the mug and usually buy one more.

This year WDW is selling a new type of mug kindof like a coffee mug that fits well in car cup holders and holds a tad more than the old mug.

So of course I had to have one of those!

Mal

I am going to have the same "problem." We are staying at a total of 3 resorts, (9 days at ASMo, 3 days GF, 3 days AKL).

I figure if I think I will purchase at least 5 soda/coffee/tea during the stay that it is cost efficent to purchase the mug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter