MSP airfare in Dec.

klynn

DIS Veteran
Anyone know about what I can expect to pay? How do I know if I should book now or wait for better prices??

I'm looking for a good price MSP -MCO for December, too. Last year, I was able to snag $160 RT fares on Delta. NW wanted over $300 for their non-stop flights. For that big of a difference, I was more than willing to make one connection. Hoping for the same deal this year, but that may be wishful thinking. Right now best I've seen is $258 on ATA and $286 on NW. IMHO, $258 is too much for a flight with connections and $286 is still too much for non-stop.

Since there's still a lot of time, I'm just in a holding pattern. Hard to be patient, but I think it will pay off. If I see a non-stop on NWA for under $250 RT, I'll probably take it. For a one stop, I'd need something less than $180 RT. Still hoping Delta will have a sale with connections in Cincinnati, but it's still too early for that. Probably won't fly any of the carriers currently in bankruptcy unless the IRAQ situation gets resolved very soon. IMHO, the industry isn't doing well enough to trust those carriers to make it out of bankruptcy as long as IRAQ/terrorism is hanging over our heads.

I'll post if I find a good deal. Hope you will do the same. Good luck to all of us MSP people!

I am waiting for decent prices for the first weekend in June AND mid November. Like CarolMN said, everything is too high. It just sucks being in a one carrier dominated airport. I SO wish Southwest would get up here and add a couple non-stops to MCO. Heck, I am sure if Delta did a non-stop, they'd have no trouble filling the plane and not have to stop in Cinci.

Don't mind me...just my grumbling about MSP prices in general. Here's hoping the airline industry gets real in the near future...yeah right...

United just dropped their MSP-MCO airfares to $230.50 RT. It works for the first weekend in June and for early December. There is a connection in Chicago (ORD) and there appear to be lots of choices for the times.

I won't risk buying on United for a December trip because of the news reports related to the bankruptcy. Doesn't sound like United's management is having much luck convincing the employees that they need to make some significant concessions. IMHO, a war with IRAQ could finish them off. If things don't go well for them, they may end up liquidating. But that would take awhile.

That said, if I were going this summer, I would risk a purchase (via credit card). But I'd wait awhile (maybe a week or so) to see if NW or Delta match the sale.

HTH someone.

I am not comfortable flying United. I am in a sit and wait mode and while it will be a bummer if I can't make this quickie weekend in June work, I won't cry my eyes out if it doesn't happen. Just wanted to take DH to SW weekends for his birthday.

Hopefully we'll start to see something happen with an airline that's a little more stable, business-wise.

American just lowered their MSP-MCO prices to $221 - $226 RT. I'm hoping NW and/or Delta are next!

Yeah, I saw that yesterday that AA lowered their prices. I am going to be checking Orbitz a couple times a day. I too hope that Delta or NWA come down a bit as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter