MS ever send you another DVC member's mail?

Have you ever received anyone else's confirmation or printout by mistake?

• Never

• Yes, once recently

• Yes, once but not recently

• Yes, more than once recently

• Yes, more than once but not recently

Results are only viewable after voting.

SleepyatDVC

DIS Veteran
Have you ever received someone else's DVC mail by mistake?

I have at least 2 or 3 times. Always, it's because someone else's printout is "stuck" behind mine and both were sent to me.

When that happens, I am glad that member information other than name and address are not printed on the confirmations.

Maybe that's what happens to all the "missing" confirmations that MS says have already been sent out.

I usually try to forward it to the other member, but I have been guilty of forgetting to at least once.

One time I requested a print out of our account activity. Would you believe that I actually got someone's else's account activity print out "attached" behind ours!!! :eek: Now, the account activity print out DID include our member numbers!

I found this very disturbing. I called MS to let them know and I can't remember if they had me send to back to them or destroy it.

Something else I found out from the other member's printout. I know I shouldn't have looked but I was seriously guilty of morbid curiousity!

They had only been members like 3 years. They banked all their points the first year, used some of the banked points the second year, forgot to bank their second year's points, and let the remaining banked points and all of their current year's points EXPIRE!!!! :eek: :earseek: OMG!! I think that they either had a 200 point contract or a 150 point contract, I can't remember now.

They did use some of their 3rd year points for a reservation and banked the rest into next year so hopefully, they got the hang of the points and banking deadlines.

I was so upset at the waste of the expiring points that I seriously wanted to send off a note to them but I resisted! Lol!!

So, has anything like this ever happened to everyone else before? This all happened about 2 years ago so hopefully, MS have gotten their act together by now. Especially, with all the tightened security and privacy measures.

No, but I'll bet that someone got my membership card last year, DH's came but not mine. I suggested to MS that maybe someone got mine by mistake, and she agreed that was possible. We both got new ones recently, it took an e-mail and 4 months for me to finally get one.

Bobbi:D

Yep! We got someone elses stuck to ours last year. I called MS and asked if we needed to send it on, and t hey said they would take care of it. I did send it on anyway, because I would have wanted someone to do the same thing.

It happens in any business that uses automated letter folders.
The sometimes stick to another.
Not a big deal and when it happened to me, I just called MS and told them. they took care of it.

We had one of our room confirmations with the Walt Disney Travel Company get sent to someone in Colorado - they (the people in Colorado) sent us our confirmation along with a note to have fun at Disney World! :)

Originally posted by GAIL HAYDEN
It happens in any business that uses automated letter folders.
The sometimes stick to another.

Yeah, it's definitely the fault of the automated letter folders.

I think the problem is that the ink is probably still a little tacky after printing and this causes the papers to stick together.

Those darn machines can't always tell when more than one sheet goes though. Happens even with new paper through our expensive photocopier at work.

Only problem we have with the mailings is that we seem to get them some days after many of you.

oops, i voted too fast...
i didn't notice there was an option for more than once, recently.

i've gotten 1 page out of another member's Points Activity Sheet.
this happened twice. once by mail, and once by fax.

since both times it was a random page, i had no way of sending it to the member.
i did mention it to MS, but they just apologized and said it wouldn't happen again. (then it happened again)

anyway, so far it looks like it doesn't happen to most people. but still, it's troubling that a few others have experienced the same thing.

Has happened to us several times with ressie conformations. I just send them on myself. I would hope someone else would do the same for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter