• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving up to the next kids' club level

papertraveller

DIS Veteran
So on the next cruise, DD will no longer be required to wear the bracelet. And I confess I'm not sure about this - I loved knowing where she was, and that she was being entertained. She loved the club too, but is keen about moving on.

Can you tell me about your kid's experiences in moving to the next level, to being allowed to roam the ship?

DH and I really enjoyed being able to spend some time in the evening in the jazz bar, in the clubs, knowing that when DD was ready to head to bed she could let us know. Now, she wouldn't be able to do that - she'd just be able to wait for us in the room, and I'm not sure even she would want that.

How have you handled this? Have you let your kid move between the two levels?

I'd like some info too. This is our 1st cruise ,my dd will be 12. I do not want her roaming. I'd rather she had a braclet and I had a pager. Is it possible to still have her do this??

Our last cruise was our first cruise and our oldest daughter was 11 so no bracelet or pager for her -- when we got on the ship we had lunch, found our staterooms, took her to Ocean Quest (where there were a bunch of other tweens) and told her what time to meet us at our Staterooms. By the time she came up (30 minutes prior to the muster drill) she had a "Best Friend" who she hung out with the entire time she was on board (in fact 18 months later they still text and email regularly hoping that we one day cruise together again). She left messages for us in the room whenever she made location changes and we left messages for her (and our teenaged son). Since she was hanging out with her new BFF we never felt uncomfortable or concerned.

Don't worry -- your daughters will have a blast, be perfectly safe and travelling in a pack of giggling tween girls, and Papertraveller I have a feeling you and your wife will probably beat your daughter to bed if she is anything like mine was!

So is 11 the age they don't get an armband/pager? If I have a pager for my other dd and my 11 year old wants me, will they still page me? My dd didn't go to the kids club last time at all and I am hoping she does for a bit this coming cruise, but she is a very shy, clingy 11 year old, so she won't stay if they can't get ahold of me quickly. thanks for any info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter